2ml, 3ml, 5ml or 10ml BAC water you trust?

guernica

New_Member
Reaction score
I'll be on the road in Central America for a few months and uncertain about the availability of bacteriostatic water, so I'll need to carry 8–10 bottles with me. Would much rather 2ml or 3ml vials, instead of the standard 30ml.

Are there any suppliers/brands you trust? Hospira comes in only 30ml...

edit: oh I see Hospira does do 10ml bottles, but very expensive and out of stock...
edit2: StatLabs (STAT Peptides) has 2ml vials at a good price. Anyone know about them? Amazon reviews are not great, although complaints are about volumes and confusing labelling rather than quality/sterility.
edit3: Hydro Research has 3ml vials and seems to be legit(??)

Last edited:
I'll be on the road in Central America for a few months and uncertain about the availability of bacteriostatic water, so I'll need to carry 8–10 bottles with me. Would much rather 2ml or 3ml vials, instead of the standard 30ml.

edit: oh I see Hospira does do 10ml bottles, but very expensive and out of stock...
edit2: StatLabs (STAT Peptides) has 2ml vials at a good price. Anyone know about them? Amazon reviews are not great, although complaints are about volumes and confusing labelling rather than quality/sterility.
Very worst case scenario, you can split 30 mL ones into multiple sterilized smaller vials.

Very worst case scenario, you can split 30 mL ones into multiple sterilized smaller vials.
Yes, buying a 30ml of Hospira and transferring to eg. 6x 5ml vials could be great.

Except - I'm worried about sterility if I do that. I would of course wipe with alcohol the tops of the vials and the BAC bottle before poking with a syringe, but I'm still paranoid bacteria might get in.

Plus I think BAC water is only good for a month after 'opening' and that would also apply if transferring to vials?

That's why I mentioned "very worst case scenario" bit 😅. It's all uphill from here.
I’m not sure if that would be very different from buying 2ml vials to be fair.

Between sourcing it from a place where you can trust it to be sterile, dealing with import and also stock up at a price reasonable for reselling - I wouldn’t trust the quality of small vials of bac water easily.

It might be perfectly safe, but i would rather just opt for sterile water from any nearby pharmacy :)

Looked at the url now. And while i realize that it’s a computer generated image from a template.

I do find it interesting that they sell bac water with 99% purity 😅

Edit: when looking closer, that isn’t even bac water, but overpriced sterile water?

Just drop by a pharmacy and buy a strip of nacl eye droppers - same thing 1/4 the price

Edit: when looking closer, that isn’t even bac water, but overpriced sterile water?

ah yeah! their amazon listing shows labels with the text "0.9% benzyl alcohol" but may be bs. anyway, definitely not the seller for me – or anybody!

Just drop by a pharmacy and buy a strip of nacl eye droppers - same thing 1/4 the price

Isn't Benzyl Alcohol necessary to prevent bacteria growth? The Tirz needs to last up to five weeks after reconstitution and won't always be refrigerated...

Think I *may* have found the solution (pun intended):
Hydro Research, 10x 3ml BAC, $30+shipping.
Looks to be a legit product and seller as far as I can tell...?
[edit: shipping & 'handling' is an absurd $21 is $15 😔]

Last edited:
ah yeah! their amazon listing shows labels with the text "0.9% benzyl alcohol" but may be bs. anyway, definitely not the seller for me – or anybody!

Isn't Benzyl Alcohol necessary to prevent bacteria growth? The Tirz needs to last up to five weeks after reconstitution and won't always be refrigerated...

Think I *may* have found the solution (pun intended):
Hydro Research, 10x 3ml BAC, $30+shipping.
Looks to be a legit product and seller as far as I can tell...?
[edit: shipping & 'handling' is $15 😔]
Oh, since you are traveling I assumed you would be reconstituting smaller amounts and wouldn’t need to store them for that long.

You are right about bac water being optimal for preventing bacterial growth, especially if the temperature changes a lot.

I think I’m more or less widely acknowledged as a bit of a degen when it comes to beat practice and “dangerous advice”. But even I would think twice about walking around with peps reconstituted in sterile water in my back pocket for an extended amount of time.

But, I would feel fine reusing a 30ml bottle of bac water though

But, I would feel fine reusing a 30ml bottle of bac water though

I think if I'm gonna go to all the trouble of syringe filtering my reconstituted peptides, it's probably silly of me to use BAC water from a bottle that may have been first pierced more than a month earlier...

I think if I'm gonna go to all the trouble of syringe filtering my reconstituted peptides, it's probably silly of me to use BAC water from a bottle that may have been first pierced more than a month earlier...
As I said, my flexibility with best practice is at a contortionist level :)

On the other hand, if you are filtering it after reconstituting - some spice in the bac water should be no problem 😂

On the other hand, if you are filtering it after reconstituting - some spice in the bac water should be no problem 😂
Haha good point - but a no from me!

Hydro Research works out at $42 after a welcome discount (I don't need anything else they sell, so can't get to the $100 minimum for free shipping). Painful as that price is on a per ml level, really it's $4.20 a bottle which is less than I would spend on Hospira 30ml.Will try to find out more about this company and its reputation...

You'd think there would be a wide supply of small-quantity BAC water out there, but I guess not!

Haha good point - but a no from me!

Hydro Research works out at $42 after a welcome discount (I don't need anything else they sell, so can't get to the $100 minimum for free shipping). Painful as that price is on a per ml level, really it's $4.20 a bottle which is less than I would spend on Hospira 30ml.Will try to find out more about this company and its reputation...

You'd think there would be a wide supply of small-quantity BAC water out there, but I guess not!
Initially small volume bac makes perfect sense since everyone “needs” it. But then you look at the actual amount you turn over and how slim the margin is (in $ not %). Add in the difficulty of finding a source you can trust to actually deliver a sterile product, the fact that bac water might get stoped in customs.

It gets less tempting. Only way I would consider it worth it as a vendor (without an import license), would be to buy larger bottles, sterile syringes and fill up my own 2ml vials by hand and mark them up like crazy… But that definitely does not sound like a good idea 😁

Initially small volume bac makes perfect sense since everyone “needs” it. But then you look at the actual amount you turn over and how slim the margin is (in $ not %). Add in the difficulty of finding a source you can trust to actually deliver a sterile product, the fact that bac water might get stoped in customs.

It gets less tempting. Only way I would consider it worth it as a vendor (without an import license), would be to buy larger bottles, sterile syringes and fill up my own 2ml vials by hand and mark them up like crazy… But that definitely does not sound like a good idea 😁
Is that why you don't sell BAC at all?

Is that why you don't sell BAC at all?
Mainly because it isn’t really worth it. I would rather not sell bac water than to sell something I can’t be sure of the quality of.

We might stock it if there are a lot of requests, but it would be as a service and not for profit in that case.

Back