Alright, let’s talk poop

Glp1judd

New_Member
Reaction score
The struggle is becoming real.

For first time in my life, I’m consistently inconsistent.

Trying to increase water and fiber intake, but not the best at that.

What are y’all finding success with? Miralax? Fiber pills?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It gets better over time. Just accept it.

Magnesium drink (Calm) every night helps me. I also sometimes add mirilax to it if needed. Fiber is useless and can have the opposite effect unless you are drinking tons of water with it. I aim for 100-120oz of water a day. Really, water intake is the most important thing here.

Yep, it does get better over time. Drink lots of water and electrolytes and try to increase your activity. An OTC stool softener like colace can help. This was the biggest side effect for me and would often get worse again after titrating up. I wouldn’t titrate up if I was still having issues and then titrated up in smaller increments when resolved. Now it’s no longer an issue but things still move a little slower than they used to.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Get you some Oxytocin and inject about 300mcg. Then be ready. lol

Or snack on some sugar free gummy bears and prepare for war with your bowels. Be home alone for the aftermath.

Btw, although it’s a legit question (and struggle), this was also kinda tongue in cheek because of the newbie post.

I feel like an old timer since I got here pre FDA ruling, but I’m not.

😂😂

Last edited:
This is for women, support your perineum if you’re having a constipation movement. Trust me. Just put some TP on your hand and hold the perineum down and toward rectum so it doesn’t bulge. I already have a mild prolapse and it’s worsened w constipation. If I had known to do this suppirt move, also called “splinting,” I might have been able to avoid it!

Daily: 3x Docusate sodium capsules OR 3 shots of espresso, 100oz water, plenty of fiber, probiotics.
Zero constipation or bloating

I know you were sorta joking but in case you need it or someone else does, I deal with this constantly with patients on heavy narcotics.

First line miralax or docusate and lots of water 1-2 times per day. Move more. Get enough natural sources of fiber from diet.

Second line senna or senna-s, 1-2 tabs 1-2 times a day.

Third line mag citrate or similar heavy duty unstopper.

Last resort if you have gone more than a few days without a bowel movement, orals will not always work. Use suppositories. There's glycerine but usually that won't do it, better to use dulcolax suppository, and finally a fleets enema may work. But try all the orals first.

Love, a Nurse who has fixed this issue for so very many people.

Prunelax pills, they have prune and senna in them, one a day works wonders! It has been a game changer for me especially since I was a IBS-C sufferer for so long, which is basically doctors saying, we don’t know, but you are chronically constipated…

I suffer from constipation and what works for me, is staying ahead and preventing it by doing these things:

• Physillum Husk (metamucil), 1 spoon in 1 cup of water, 2 times a day (morning, evening).
  • 1 pill of magnesium oxide 750mg at night.
  • A TON of water.
  • All the fruits + veggies you can tolerate.

Back