Anyone monitoring Amgen's MariTide?

clayd

New_Member
Reaction score
This one is a dual action one, it does GLP1 but blocks GIPR (where tirz stimulates both). It has great weight loss results in phase 2, but the big thing is that they've done something with it to make it last longer and it could be a once a month injection.

The GIPR antagonist part is a monoclonal antibody which is linked to the glp1 agonist peptides. Is this something that could be reproduced by our good friends across the planet?

My thought is that it could be a good option for maintenance - if you only have to do something once a month. If it's an antibody, it might also mean it helps your body develop its own immune response that naturally helps you maintain over time? no idea on that part, i'm no scientist or doctor.

I’ve been keeping my eye on MariTide last couple of months. I’ll be at goal weight before this hits grey market but looks interesting for long-term maintenance.

It seems very interesting, but I'm worried about the people who have an adverse reaction. The drug lasts so long that if it makes you horrifically Ill you are SOL. Could be months before you feel better.

The GIPR antagonist part is a monoclonal antibody which is linked to the glp1 agonist peptides. Is this something that could be reproduced by our good friends across the planet?

Have our good friends on the other side of the world had good success making biologics? My understanding is that there's a whole lot that can go wrong making biologics.

Back