BAC Water

Approach

New_Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 3 pack of BAC water. Generally speaking, is it a good idea to refrigerate it? Or does it not matter since it's BAC? Ty

Benzl Alcohol is the anti-microbial ingredient in Bacteriostatic Water. It is a stable molecule with shelf life of 2-3 years as a high-spec lab reagent; that's unopened at room temperatures, not in direct sunlight etc. My unopened reserve of bacteriostatic water therefore is on a shelf in an air-conditioned basement storage room.

It is reasonable to assume, I think, that with good sterile technique and our typical use case of "single patient/multiple uses" (which means zero likelihood of cross-patient infection) three to six months is a reasonable and conservative period of effective use of opened Bacteriostatic Water for Injection USP, UNREFRIGERATED.

Because it is convenient, and out of an abundance of caution, I REFRIGERATE MINE along with all my other injection gear and reconned peptides in a 3D printed case.

I toss the Bac Water every 3-4 months but not because I think it's toxic.
I do it because I feel rich and powerful when I waste it LOL /s

B&G Vial Case Open.jpg

OBLIGATORY STATEMENT: I'm not a medical professional and this is not a recommendation. It is just a statement of what I have read, observed and chosen to do for myself and my wife.

Last edited:
Benzl Alcohol is the anti-microbial ingredient in Bacteriostatic Water. It is a stable molecule with shelf life of 2-3 years as a high-spec lab reagent; that's unopened at room temperatures, not in direct sunlight etc.

It is reasonable to assume, I think, that with good sterile technique and our typical use case of "single patient/multiple uses" (which means zero likelihood of cross-patient infection) three to six months is a reasonable and conservative period of effective use of Bacteriostatic Water for Injection, USP UNREFRIGERATED.

Because it is convenient, and out of an abundance of caution, I REFRIGERATE MINE along with all my other injection gear and reconned peptides in a 3D printed case.

I toss the Bac Water every 3-4 months but not because I think it's toxic.
I do it because Bac Water is CHEAP and I feel rich and powerful when I waste it LOL /s

View attachment 1373

OBLIGATORY STATEMENT: I'm not a medical professional. This is not a recommendation. It is just a statement of what I have read, observed and chosen to do for myself and my wife.
😂

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back