Case for using eugeroic modafiniloids to lose weight before trying GLP-1 Agonist Peptides?

EliLillyAteMyWilly

Reaction score
Armodafinil is a more potent derivative of Modafinil, a very popular Nootropic. Most people (me included), buy it for the baby-adderall congition-enhancing properties. That's true to an extent, but those effects subside with consistent use, and pale in comparison to an effect i disovered myself: Appetite supression

My weight loss journey started in 2018 with keto at 280lbs. By 2019, I was at 180. Ever since, a lackluster 170-190 has been my stubborn home. That is, so long as some system was actively deployed to mitigate my overeating (Keto/Fasting Monday-Thursday). I never got below 170, until a four month period in 2021, I took a half-pill of armodafinil every morning, and my appetite was gone until 6PM. I was finally able to get to a weight where M-sized shirts were billowy on me. I think its mechanism of action in appetite suspression is similar to semaglutide: dopamine reuptake inhibition. Essentially removing the emotional reward/componentt to food and eating. For example, on armodafinil, i didn't seek, or look forward to finding catharsis in my future meal: a nice basket of fried chicken, whereas with fasting, I still would. I eventually stopped Armodafinil for a lack of continued usefulness due to its propensity to make you marginally more anxious, perhaps impacting day-to-day interactions. After ceasing, I returned to my trusty 170-190 range and size L shirts within a few months.

All roads lead to Rome. Likewise, all diets and drugs that foster caloric deficit lead to weight loss (and its consequent benefits). Armodafinil is an appetite supressant, and, for me:
  • Had no adverse side-effects during (except for a margininal increase in anxiety in day-to-day existence) nor any withdrawl effects.
  • It's very cheap, as low a <$10 for a 10-pack (2 week supply for me).
  • Little to no risk of addiction or dependence, because it ends up not being a particulaly "fun" drug to take.
Does anyone else have experience with -afinil drugs' appetite suppressing qualities? Im an early 20s guy with an otherwise healthy metabolism talking myself out of using peptides, hopefully shedding light on an alternative to someone like me, who may not be quite ready for, or necessitate, peptide injections.

I had an Rx for modafinil for a couple of years for daytime sleepiness (outcome of insomnia) but I didn’t notice any appetite suppression. It was super effective at boosting my work productivity and, coupled with a cup of coffee, I was often bouncing off the walls.

I’m much older than you as well so it’s quite possible that the differences in our physiology play a part in your vs my experience.

I had an Rx for modafinil for a couple of years for daytime sleepiness (outcome of insomnia) but I didn’t notice any appetite suppression. It was super effective at boosting my work productivity and, coupled with a cup of coffee, I was often bouncing off the walls.

I’m much older than you as well so it’s quite possible that the differences in our physiology play a part in your vs my experience.
Thanks for your reply. I agree, afinil's wakefulness ("vigilance", technically) makes it an incredible tool. Probably the only class of drug I know that so aptly and cleanly fulfills its purpose— very unlike the intense and addictive amphetamines that psychiatrists are shoving into the kids of parents who won't take "Less screen time, more studying" for an answer.

If I may ask:
  1. Were you overweight during the Moda Rx?
  2. If so, was it primarily because you liked food too much? or a slowing metabolism? In other words, were you large as a child? or late-onset largeness?
I'm wondering if the "appetite suppression" I felt was directly related to emotions/psychogy, from which my undesireable relationship with calories most likely stems.

1. Were you overweight during the Moda Rx?
  2. If so, was it primarily because you liked food too much? or a slowing metabolism? In other words, were you large as a child? or late-onset largeness?
I'm wondering if the "appetite suppression" I felt was directly related to emotions/psychogy, from which my undesireable relationship with calories most likely stems.
Skinny as a rail growing up. Slowly gained weight each year and this past gained 30#. I was overweight when taking modafinil.

Weight gain stems largely from “food noise” and inability to control appetite coupled with progressively reduced physical activity from 40 - 60 (almost sedentary), lack of hydration, and poor diet. I’ve been a yo-yo dieter the last 10 years. No food noise on tirz and decent appetite suppression.

So I was doing all the wrong things plus my sleep was so horrible that I took ambien to fall asleep and modafinil to wake up. Ambien was a trip. Saw a new doc, weened me off the combo, and helped me develop better sleep habits.

Have you looked at clinical trials to see if appetite suppression was an outcome?

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back