Compounding Tirzepatide -- adding B9 and B12

Approach

New_Member
Reaction score
1) Have any of you added B9 and/or B12 to your compounded GLP-1?
2) Do you recommend adding Both, or just one?
3) Does it truly help with your energy levels?
4) Or, does anyone add a single B9 or B12 injection separately (whether it's compound or retail)?

Thanks!

4) Or, does anyone add a single B9 or B12 injection separately (whether it's compound or retail)?

Thanks!
Separate Injections of B9 or B12
Someone receive separate injections of B12, especially if they have absorption issues (e.g., pernicious anemia or gastrointestinal disorders). B9 can also be supplemented separately, usually orally, unless there's a specific need for injectable forms.
Vitamin B12: Often recommended for individuals with a deficiency, which can cause fatigue, anemia, and neurological issues.
Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid): Important for cell division and is especially recommended for pregnant women or those with certain types of anemia.

Impact on Energy Levels
B12: Essential for red blood cell formation and neurological function. Deficiency can lead to significant fatigue and weakness.
B9: Plays a role in DNA synthesis and repair, and works closely with B12 in the production of red blood cells.
If you have a deficiency, supplementation can indeed improve energy levels. However, if your levels are already adequate, additional supplementation might not provide a noticeable boost in energy.

I am one of those people for whom B12 does nothing. Doesn't matter if it's cyano or methyl (I don't have the MTHFR gene mutation), I can literally pump myself full of the stuff and never get any kind of energy boost from it. Some people say it does help, but it seems like most of those people are buying something like the Lipo-C from Defy (which is more than just B12) and injecting it IM.

The compounders started adding B6 or B12 to both be able to legally call it a "compound" and also to try and help mitigate side-effects, especially nausea. Whether or not it helps seems to be a matter of personal opinion that varies widely.

None of this probably helps you, but there it is. 🤪

I am one of those people for whom B12 does nothing. Doesn't matter if it's cyano or methyl (I don't have the MTHFR gene mutation), I can literally pump myself full of the stuff and never get any kind of energy boost from it. Some people say it does help, but it seems like most of those people are buying something like the Lipo-C from Defy (which is more than just B12) and injecting it IM.

The compounders started adding B6 or B12 to both be able to legally call it a "compound" and also to try and help mitigate side-effects, especially nausea. Whether or not it helps seems to be a matter of personal opinion that varies widely.

None of this probably helps you, but there it is. 🤪
Perhaps the lack of purity is the cause? I took the advice of one of my professors and purchased OTC small white bottles packaged at about RMB 3 per bottle. At the same time I know that many supplements that turn out to be capsule packs with the same benefits can cost 200 RMB. The big bottle packages in capsules look pretty, but the ingredients don't see to be much more powerful.

$1.000 USD = ¥7.250 CNY

1717047314889.png

1717047446028.png

Thanks!
I do a separate B12 injection along with my 10mg of Tirz. It has helped tremendously with the feeling of being tired. Hope this helps you.

I do a separate B12 injection along with my 10mg of Tirz. It has helped tremendously with the feeling of being tired. Hope this helps you.
Thank you! Are you tired for just 1 or 2 days after thr injection? Or, are you tired the while 7 days?

In terms of energy, if you wanted a bit more boost of weight-loss, I have found phentermine to be a great addition to my tirz. It is a stimulant and therefore has a limited lasting effect after a while, but it also keeps me well energized. Obviously not something that ever needs to be taken, but kind of a nice 2 for 1 with weight loss and having awakened feeling. Also super easy to get this prescribed (in the US)

Did you mean B6? or B9? or B12 ? Can you add all 3? or 2 of them? How did you decide B12 and not B6 or B9 ?

If you are not eating enough nutrients, you need to supplement. What are the food sources of vitamins to get that you don't eat often. Then you need to supplement it.​

Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)​

Food Sources:
  • Animal liver (e.g., beef liver, chicken liver)
  • Meat (such as chicken, pork, and fish like tuna and salmon)
  • Vegetables (such as potatoes, carrots, and spinach)
  • Whole grains and fortified cereals
  • Legumes (such as chickpeas and lentils)
  • Nuts and seeds
Functions:
  • Participates in amino acid metabolism
  • Aids in the synthesis of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine
  • Supports immune system function
  • Promotes the production of hemoglobin and red blood cells
Benefits:
  • Enhances protein and fat metabolism, assisting in weight loss
  • Supports nervous system health, reducing stress and emotional eating
  • Boosts immune function, contributing to overall health and resilience

Vitamin B9 (Folate)​

Food Sources:
  • Dark green leafy vegetables (such as spinach, kale, and broccoli)
  • Legumes (such as lentils, black beans, and chickpeas)
  • Citrus fruits and juices (such as oranges and grapefruit)
  • Fortified cereals and whole grains
  • Liver (e.g., beef liver, chicken liver)
Functions:
  • Essential for DNA and RNA synthesis
  • Promotes cell division and growth
  • Helps in the formation of red blood cells
  • Supports the nervous system and cognitive function
Benefits:
  • Facilitates efficient metabolism, helping the body utilize energy effectively
  • Promotes healthy cell growth and repair, aiding in muscle recovery and overall health
  • Reduces fatigue, enhancing stamina and exercise performance

Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)​

Food Sources:
  • Animal liver and kidneys (e.g., beef liver, lamb liver)
  • Meat (such as beef, lamb, pork, and poultry)
  • Fish and seafood (such as salmon, trout, and clams)
  • Dairy products (such as milk, cheese, and yogurt)
  • Fortified cereals and nutritional yeast
Functions:
  • Necessary for red blood cell formation
  • Supports the health and function of the nervous system
  • Involved in DNA synthesis and cell replication
  • Aids in the metabolism of fats and proteins
Benefits:
  • Boosts energy production and fat metabolism, aiding in weight loss
  • Maintains nervous system health, improving focus and reducing fatigue
  • Enhances overall energy levels, promoting better physical performance and endurance

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back