Fitomics Research Labs Discount Blood Testing

Don Ligero

New_Member
Reaction score
Announcing Fitomics Research Labs Discounted Testing

This is the long version. TLDR; link at the bottom.

Fitomics is a Birmingham, AL based Fitness Lab that I have been a customer of since May 2023. Lead by Cody Haun, PhD who is a data scientist that specializes in health and fitness. Their lab offers testing for active and resting metabolic rate, 3dfitscans and vO2 max calculations. Their team consists of multiple PhD's, a dietician and full time primary care physician. Last December, I started trying to convince Cody that he needed to find a way to offer discounted lab testing for people outside our local area.

It has finally come to fruition. We beta tested a group of 25 users in May with great results and have now served over 75 customers.

It took some time to implement a model that would allow deep discounts and still cover terms of service. They were able to work out a subscription model which designates subscribers as clients so they could offer these discounted rates. Subscriptions are limited (currently 50 additional clients) as they ramp up capacity.

Current procedure (full details on the linked page) is sign up for the subscription (cancel any time). Then navigate to the store and order and pay for labs. Within 2 business days, you will get an email from the team with your LabCorp requisition that you will use to schedule your labs. (Quest has been signed up and should be live within a week).

Use the code DISCORDLABS for 5% of all lab tests when checking out. (Does not apply to subscription price).

Your monthly subscription covers lab draw fees. Obviously, if everyone gets multiple draws per month, that may change. There is also a minimum order of $20 per order (sorry cannot just get one at a time for $6).

This initial offer is available until 7/01/2024 and then the monthly price will go to the public price of $30 per month. As long as you sign up before 7/31, your price will remain at $25.

Full disclosure. I am a customer of Fitomics with a special relationship. My long term primary care physician is the Chief Medical Officer of Fitomics and that's how I became a client. I have become friends with the CEO of Fitomics and a member of the lab. By trade I am a 30 year software developer so have been working with them to get this implemented. At this time, I am getting free sessions with Fitomics by bringing this to them and helping get started. We are in early stages of a working agreement to put together a mobile app and working on direct ordering to testing companies (web services) to eliminate the current manual process of taking orders and creating the testing requisition with LC (and soon Quest). I will get some compensation for this work as we move forward. Otherwise, I am just another researcher here that has pushed for discounted lab work for half a year or more.

Cody as a data scientist truly believes in many or our motto's to be our own chief medical officer. He thinks lab testing should be cheap and highly available. While he personally coaches his clients conservatively when discussing peptides, supplements and even AAS, he understands people are researching new therapies and fully believes in harm reduction and if he can help us monitor bloodwork for health, he is there to help. Obviously Fitomics is making money off of this offer, but significantly less than other providers such as Ulta, ownyourlabs and Marek.

As a provider with a full time primary care physician, Fitomics is fully compliant with HIPAA and other data protection issues.

5% discount code: DISCORDLABS (does not apply to subscription cost)

Please reach out here or by DM if you have specific questions.

On this page you can see the current tests available and pricing. This page is dynamic so prices and lab availability can change.

Also, if there is a test not listed you would like to see, let me know and we will try to get added.

We have recently added some bundles which include Men's and Women's Hormone Panels as well as a GLP1 Weightloss panel.

Thanks to Zip and the mods for allowing us to share this service with the forum.

Here is a sample of our test prices compared to other service providers.

1718805593775.png

This is a great deal for anyone interested in having labs done on a regular basis whether for TRT, hyper/hypothyroidism, diabetes or other chronic conditions, general health monitoring, curiosity, etc.

They have a variety of tailored panels for specific needs, and I just noticed they've added a GLP-1-specific panel as well. Check them out!

(For anyone wondering, just like all other vendors here neither me nor the forum receives any kind of compensation/commission/benefit for any sales generated as a result of posts here.)

Announcing Fitomics Research Labs Discounted Testing

This is the long version. TLDR; link at the bottom.

Fitomics is a Birmingham, AL based Fitness Lab that I have been a customer of since May 2023. Lead by Cody Haun, PhD who is a data scientist that specializes in health and fitness. Their lab offers testing for active and resting metabolic rate, 3dfitscans and vO2 max calculations. Their team consists of multiple PhD's, a dietician and full time primary care physician. Last December, I started trying to convince Cody that he needed to find a way to offer discounted lab testing for people outside our local area.

It has finally come to fruition. We beta tested a group of 25 users in May with great results and have now served over 75 customers.

It took some time to implement a model that would allow deep discounts and still cover terms of service. They were able to work out a subscription model which designates subscribers as clients so they could offer these discounted rates. Subscriptions are limited (currently 50 additional clients) as they ramp up capacity.

Current procedure (full details on the linked page) is sign up for the subscription (cancel any time). Then navigate to the store and order and pay for labs. Within 2 business days, you will get an email from the team with your LabCorp requisition that you will use to schedule your labs. (Quest has been signed up and should be live within a week).

Use the code DISCORDLABS for 5% of all lab tests when checking out. (Does not apply to subscription price).

Your monthly subscription covers lab draw fees. Obviously, if everyone gets multiple draws per month, that may change. There is also a minimum order of $20 per order (sorry cannot just get one at a time for $6).

This initial offer is available until 7/01/2024 and then the monthly price will go to the public price of $30 per month. As long as you sign up before 7/01, your price will remain at $25.

Full disclosure. I am a customer of Fitomics with a special relationship. My long term primary care physician is the Chief Medical Officer of Fitomics and that's how I became a client. I have become friends with the CEO of Fitomics and a member of the lab. By trade I am a 30 year software developer so have been working with them to get this implemented. At this time, I am getting free sessions with Fitomics by bringing this to them and helping get started. We are in early stages of a working agreement to put together a mobile app and working on direct ordering to testing companies (web services) to eliminate the current manual process of taking orders and creating the testing requisition with LC (and soon Quest). I will get some compensation for this work as we move forward. Otherwise, I am just another researcher here that has pushed for discounted lab work for half a year or more.

Cody as a data scientist truly believes in many or our motto's to be our own chief medical officer. He thinks lab testing should be cheap and highly available. While he personally coaches his clients conservatively when discussing peptides, supplements and even AAS, he understands people are researching new therapies and fully believes in harm reduction and if he can help us monitor bloodwork for health, he is there to help. Obviously Fitomics is making money off of this offer, but significantly less than other providers such as Ulta, ownyourlabs and Marek.

As a provider with a full time primary care physician, Fitomics is fully compliant with HIPAA and other data protection issues.

5% discount code: DISCORDLABS (does not apply to subscription cost)

Please reach out here or by DM if you have specific questions.

On this page you can see the current tests available and pricing. This page is dynamic so prices and lab availability can change.

Also, if there is a test not listed you would like to see, let me know and we will try to get added.

We have recently added some bundles which include Men's and Women's Hormone Panels as well as a GLP1 Weightloss panel.

Thanks to Zip and the mods for allowing us to share this service with the forum.

Here is a sample of our test prices compared to other service providers.

View attachment 571
This is a great offer. My insurance only pays for Quest which is a five hour journey into a large city. So now I’ll be able to use LC only an hour in a half away. Thank you for this offer.

Just a reminder that Wednesday the 31st is the last day to lock in the $25/month membership rate. I finally signed up myself and am looking forward to seeing how my body chemistry is doing.

I signed up for Fitomics recently and scheduled a Comprehensive Men’s Wellness Panel. I paid $395. While I was at LabCorp I asked them to give me the cost had I paid out of pocket. It was almost $1,200. I could likely ask my Doc to schedule some of these tests and charge my insurance but I would struggle to convince him to order every test in this panel. Even if I could how often would my insurance cover such a comprehensive panel. I am so far pleased with Fitomics.

I signed up for Fitomics recently and scheduled a Comprehensive Men’s Wellness Panel. I paid $395. While I was at LabCorp I asked them to give me the cost had I paid out of pocket. It was almost $1,200. I could likely ask my Doc to schedule some of these tests and charge my insurance but I would struggle to convince him to order every test in this panel. Even if I could how often would my insurance cover such a comprehensive panel. I am so far pleased with Fitomics.
Awesome. Thank you so much for sharing.

For the rest of October, use code October10 for 10% off of you lab orders at checkout.

Also, Quest is now available as an option. Prices are a bit higher than LabCorp, but many customers do not have LC close by, or they just prefer Quest. The hope is that as some orders are generated, that additional price breaks will be available. For ordering Quest, there is a separate portal located at https://www.fitomics.org/insiderquest for Insiders.

Signed up early last week and did my blood draws on Thursday.
Eager to see my results when they are in (takes about 7 days) and then do my deep-dive consultation.
I really appreciate the pricing arrangement they have made with Lab Corp and Quest, as the volume of lab tests in the comprehensive panel for the price is a great value.

Signed up early last week and did my blood draws on Thursday.
Eager to see my results when they are in (takes about 7 days) and then do my deep-dive consultation.
I really appreciate the pricing arrangement they have made with Lab Corp and Quest, as the volume of lab tests in the comprehensive panel for the price is a great value.
Get your results back yet?

No results yet. Today is day 8 since my blood was drawn. Downloaded the Labcorp app to get results sent to me. Nothing as of this morning. I may call the lab later today and talk to a real human to see if any results are available.

No results yet. Today is day 8 since my blood was drawn. Downloaded the Labcorp app to get results sent to me. Nothing as of this morning. I may call the lab later today and talk to a real human to see if any results are available.
If you get a bunch of stuff done you end up waiting for the slowest result to come back before you get the whole batch, and some stuff has a single lab that processes that type of test. This happened to me last time, i believe i got my results on Day 8.

If you ordered through Fitomics, you can email labs@fitomics.org and ask them for preliminary results and they will provide what has come in so far. In the past week or two, some biomarkers (LC/MS) have been running a bit longer with LabCorp. Some as long as 9-10 days.

Lipids plus glucose (LP + Glu) is really fast. I think that was a 1 day turnaround. But CBC, Metabolic Panel, Lipids and hormones took 7 days.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangopescolito
Back