FNG - Q's about cap colors, negative pressure, & delicacy of Sema

Broken Chef

Reaction score
I see the color of vial tops mentioned... What's this all about?
.ie gold top Sema 10mg

Negative pressure in vials... How do you deal with this? I'm new, got my first Sema yesterday and was taken off guard by the negative pressure..

Which leads me to...

Is Sema one of those delicate peptides where you have to slowly drip the bac water down the side of the vial? When I inserted the needle, is instantly pulled the 2ml of bac water into the vial... Did that just destroy my Sema?

5 units first step - I got a 10mg Sema to start because I worked out steps that would get me through 11 weeks on the first vial. I didn't think measuring 5 units for the .25mg dose would be difficult - until it came time to do it. It's such a tiny amount... I wanted to recon with 4ml so it would be 10 units for first step, but the vial wasn't big enough, and then the last dose would have been 100 units...

In hindsight, I should have found a supplier with 2 or 5mg vials. But I don't want to waste this $100 10mg.. providing I didn't destroy it - see question 3.

TIA

QUESTION 3 Part One: Peptides are not delicate. Non-chemical energy inputs like shaking, stirring, agitation by adding bacteriostatic water forcefully are of no consequence. Sitting them in strong sunlight, however, is the sort of energy input that COULD damage them.

Best to store the dry forms in a reasonably darkened space like the typical residential cabinet. Of course if it is going to be awhile before use then freeze them. Reconstituted peptides should be refrigerated. And before you ask, No, the refrigerator light is not energetic enough to damage reconstituted peptides.

If I read this correctly you now have 2ml of Bacteriostatic Water added to 10mb of lyophilized Semaglutide, correct? If so that is exactly what I would have done to make .25mg doses easy to prepare.

Nothing is wrong, you've not damaged anything.
Pull 5 Units into the syringe for an accurate dose and you are Good to Go, Chef.

Sorry, I didn't remember that you have various physical challenges that might make a 5 Unit pull problematic.
As this is a quite small small loading dose, being over- or under-dosed by one Unit is unlikely to be of any consequence. If that small error really irks you then DM me and I'll walk you through a method to safely increase the dilution and thereby the injection volume.

Sorry, I didn't remember that you have various physical challenges that might make a 5 Unit pull problematic.
As this is a quite small small loading dose, being over- or under-dosed by one Unit is unlikely to be of any consequence. If that small error really irks you then DM me and I'll walk you through a method to safely increase the dilution and thereby the injection volume.
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. The only challenge for this was I had to put on my glasses and use bright light, lol

While I'm disabled, I'm mobile. I'm not "supposed" to lift anything over 20#, no repetitive lifting, and nothing over my head over 10#. Like most people, I don't always follow the rules. The consequence is pain. I also can't stand more than 3-4 hours without suffering the same consequences.

If I told you all the work I did this spring you'd think I'm nuts and not disabled... But I have a few secret weapons... Spine injections, spine stimulator, Radio Frequency Ablation, and Morphine/Oxy - legal. I have a pain contract and see my pain management Dr monthly. Shits gotta get done, and it hurts whether I'm lying bed or shoveling dirt, so I may as well get shit done. I just can't work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.. or rather 12-16 hours a day 6-7 days a week, as I did for about 25 years.

People often say I don't look disabled, but they only see me when I'm loaded with opiates and pain levels are below a 4-5. 6+ and I'm in my gravity chair, regretting whatever I just did to put me there.

This is what I was referring to...
Screenshot_20240619-183446-275.png

I've read several places that certain peptides can be damaged if you inject the water directly in them... That you have to drip it down the side of the vial. They didn't say which peptides, so I figured better safe than sorry.
Screenshot_20240619-183823-281.png
Screenshot_20240619-183857-045.png

I can't find any info saying WHICH peptides REQUIRE this.

Another...
Screenshot_20240619-184430-952.png

Urban legends Chef, all of them, and best ignored.

Dripping the fluid in slowly may minimize foaming. Any foaming that does occur will disappear once the solution sits for two minutes. BTW, GLP-1 peptides do not foam. The foaming is caused by the mallitol (sugar) bulking agent and does not damage the peptide.

Until you see a contrary National Institute of Health, New England Journal of Medicine or similar authoritative citation - and I know you will Obsessively Compulsively look - consider that what I've told you is good practice.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangopescolito
Back