Have any of you traveled internationally with peps?

Drey77

New_Member
Reaction score
Going to Japan for a few weeks and am thinking a unmarked vial with syringes may look a bit sus šŸ˜¬

Just a little bit sketchy :D

High chance they take it since you don't have a prescription (If they see it). Most likely they would just take it and throw it away (I'm assuming it's an insignificant amount), but I don't have experience with Japan specifically - So I would check what the worst case scenario would be if you get stopped with it.

The odds are they won't even check if you have it in your checked in luggage (They do scan the checked in luggage too, but they are looking for other things than a few syringes and a single vial when they do that).

High chance they take it since you don't have a prescription (If they see it). Most likely they would just take it and throw it away (I'm assuming it's an insignificant amount), but I don't have experience with Japan specifically - So I would check what the worst case scenario would be if you get stopped with it.

The odds are they won't even check if you have it in your checked in luggage (They do scan the checked in luggage too, but they are looking for other things than a few syringes and a single vial when they do that).
Couldnā€™t you load a pen and travel with an insulin ā€œkitā€? I guess itā€™s a risk if you canā€™t provide a script, but Iā€™d assume most can since we likely started with compounding.

I guess they still have risk, seems like less though if you can be creativeā€¦.just thinking out loud.

Couldnā€™t you load a pen and travel with an insulin ā€œkitā€? I guess itā€™s a risk if you canā€™t provide a script, but Iā€™d assume most can since we likely started with compounding.

I guess they still have risk, seems like less though if you can be creativeā€¦.just thinking out loud.
It would probably look less sketchy, but they would probably ask for a script anyway if the see it :)

Again, I don't know Japan. But where I'm from originally you can't even buy insulin needles in a pharmacy without a script xD

IMG_2747.png

Normally I do carry on only but Iā€™m thinking I may just check a bag so I can take it. Iā€™d be a nervous wreck if they asked to look through my bag šŸ˜‚

I traveled internationally with name brand and compound and no one ever asked.. nor even looked at the "insulin cooler" where I kept it.. this was over multiple trips to Europe and some traveling within Europe.. I did bring prescriptions just in case, but no one ever looked at all..

Going to Japan for a few weeks and am thinking a unmarked vial with syringes may look a bit sus šŸ˜¬
Maybe put it in a internationally-approved insulin case? And maybe label the vial insulin? Not sure if the FDA-approved insulin cases work for international but worth a look.

I routinely travel with peptides in Europe and the UK, nothing to it. I'll also be going to Japan in a few weeks and have decided to go without. All my research points to that not being a place that is likely to be chill about syringes and vials without a prescription.

My rs went to the Phillipines during the summer and they got a script for b12 and reconstituted the peptide and returned to the vial . That way they had a script for the needles and B12ā€¦ā€¦most b12 has a higher percents of benzyl Alcohol in it than bacteriostatic water ā€¦ā€¦ 1.5 percent vs 0.9

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zling
Back