Help figuring out my dosage and reconstitution

DumbRx

Reaction score
I'm one of the many newbies joining to figure out how to do this after compounding has ended.

Currently, I'm using a compounded tirzepatide, but my local compounding pharmacies have stopped producing, so I'm going down this path.

I've seen a lot of posts about sources and such, but I'm struggling at the "what is my current dosage" part.

My current looks like this:
Inject 63 units on insulin syringe (0.63ml) subcutaneously once weekly
Cyanocobalamin/Tirzepatide 0.5/20mg/ml (1ML)
This came in 3 x 1ml vials.

Questions:
1. Cyanocobalamin? Looks like that's vitamin B12. Do I still need that?
2. Is this saying 20mg/ml of tirz to BAC + .5mg/ml of b12 to BAC? What's the equivalent dose of Zepbound?
3. Where do I find the reconstitution amounts? Is there a chart somewhere for different standard dose levels?

I'm completely at a loss of how much of the tirz and BAC to buy to match my current, much less larger future doses.

I was looking at Tydes and Polaris, neither has that information that I could find.

Bonus questions:
4. Does the BAC or tirz powder go bad? Can I just buy it in bulk and store it in the fridge for a year?

Last edited:
This site has a good calculator. https://primepeptides.co/pages/peptide-calculator

Not an endorsement of their product as I’ve never used them. You don’t need the B12, that’s just a little compounding loophole to say they’re not selling the exact same thing as monjouro.

The max dose in trials for tirzepatide was 15mg once a week. So you could just plan for that and calculate accordingly. Do more research as you work through your compounded supply. You may want to start off with a domestic vendor first which will be more expensive than CN vendors but less than compounded (and you can order smaller quantities). Skye is one that I have ordered from and has a good rep. They also have some good articles on their website.

The powder will last a long time in a cool dark place and years in a freezer. Reconstituted is not recommended to use past 30 days but some people go longer. Refrigerate your reconstituted but don’t refrigerate your bac water.

This site has a good calculator. https://primepeptides.co/pages/peptide-calculator

Not an endorsement of their product as I’ve never used them. You don’t need the B12, that’s just a little compounding loophole to say they’re not selling the exact same thing as monjouro.

The max dose in trials for tirzepatide was 15mg once a week. So you could just plan for that and calculate accordingly. Do more research as you work through your compounded supply. You may want to start off with a domestic vendor first which will be more expensive than CN vendors but less than compounded (and you can order smaller quantities). Skye is one that I have ordered from and has a good rep. They also have some good articles on their website.

The powder will last a long time in a cool dark place and years in a freezer. Reconstituted is not recommended to use past 30 days but some people go longer. Refrigerate your reconstituted but don’t refrigerate your bac water.
Great advise, thank you …

So that means a 30mg bottle from wherever is like ~2.5 doses? Just making sure I've got the math right so I know how much to order.
Yes, you just divide the mg of the dose by the mg of the vial to find out how many doses. The volume of your dose just depends on how much bac water you decide to add, that's where the peptide calculators come in handy. Most vials will only hold 3ml, so plan accordingly.

When should we throw out the bac water after the first puncture and use a new one? My bac water is way more than I need in a month but I don't know best practice. Thanks!

When should we throw out the bac water after the first puncture and use a new one? My bac water is way more than I need in a month but I don't know best practice. Thanks!
The general rule is 28 days. I have kept Hospira for almost two months and had zero issues. Keeping it refrigerated and out of light is important.

The general rule is 28 days. I have kept Hospira for almost two months and had zero issues. Keeping it refrigerated and out of light is important.
Oh boy, I thought that would last longer, I have a 30mL and only use 1.5 mL a month… need to see if I find smaller bottles ..

Thanks !

I thought you just keep it at room temperature, between 60-80. That's what we always did in the hospital, out of the light yes but not refrigerated. The month rule is generally if you are getting into it a lot, as more ways for the alcohol to evaporate. I normally use them for 2-3 months some people go much farther out than that. I put the date I first open it on the bottle to keep track.

Last edited:
Oh boy, I thought that would last longer, I have a 30mL and only use 1.5 mL a month… need to see if I find smaller bottles ..

Thanks !
Personally, I would not have a problem going about 90 days, but do not want to give anyone bad advice. I know people who use distilled water and saline and do not run into issues.

Thank you all for your replies! I think I've put worse things in my body so it's a ymmv kind of thing. I'll order a few more bottles to keep on hand.

A
I thought you just keep it at room temperature, between 60-80. That's what we always did in the hospital, out of the light yes but not refrigerated. The month rule is generally if you are getting into it a lot, as more ways for the alcohol to evaporate. I normally use them for 2-3 months some people go much farther out than that. I put the date I first open it on the bottle to keep track.
Agree, and it used to be that these were multi-dose vials so there was concern for cross-contamination between multiple users and patients. Nowadays everything is single use only in hospitals. Good idea to label opening date. I have seem some testing that shows degradation of bac water around the 3 month mark after puncture so I feel that’s a good upper limit.

After puncture... Storing it before puncture doesn't need to be cooled is my understanding.
I’ve looked through Pfizer/Hospira sds and sites and nowhere can I find refrigerate after puncture. They give a range of temps, which are not fridge-cold. Where are you getting this?

I’ve looked through Pfizer/Hospira sds and sites and nowhere can I find refrigerate after puncture. They give a range of temps, which are not fridge-cold. Where are you getting this?
They are some places I came across it on the forum, but if you google I’m sure you will find recommendations, if is not punctured keep room temp after puncture refrigerate and it will las up to 28 days some say 2 months but that is up to you.

They are some places I came across it on the forum, but if you google I’m sure you will find recommendations, if is not punctured keep room temp after puncture refrigerate and it will las up to 28 days some say 2 months but that is up to you.
Yea, I’ve seen folks say it, but it’s not anywhere official, msds, sds, labels, Pfizer/Hospira websites, nothing. Thats why I keep asking where it comes from, I’m trying to track down where it came from.

Back