Hi from another North Carolinian

TarHeelPeptideUser

Reaction score
Hello all! Central North Carolina here.

I'm 46, male, and weight loss has been a 20+ year journey for me. I'm about 6'4 and started at 506 pounds in 2003 then had weight loss surgery in 2005. That was reversed due to failure earlier this year. I'm at 260 pounds now, healthy thankfully. I work with a trainer 3 days a week and have used Mounjaro/Zepbound for about about 18 months total. I'm slowly trying to change over to Retatrutide to see if that will be a better option for me.

It's nice to be here.

Which weight loss surgery did you have?
I was also over 500 at my highest and had sleeve surgery in 2018...really helped but not enough.
I WISH I was at 260! Congrats! :) (y)
I think you will find a lot of good information and mostly friendly people here. ;)
Welcome aboard

Which weight loss surgery did you have?
I was also over 500 at my highest and had sleeve surgery in 2018...really helped but not enough.
I WISH I was at 260! Congrats! :) (y)
I think you will find a lot of good information and mostly friendly people here. ;)
Welcome aboard
I had roux en y gastric bypass. I stopped absorbing protein sometime in 2023 and ended up spending most of the month of December in the hospital being put on TPN. Went home with a PICC line and daily 12 hour infusions of nutrition. Had the reversal in March. That decision felt a lot better based on the existence of GLP1's. Unfortunately the lack of reasonable availability led me into the "grey" area of peptides and I'm now hopelessly addicted to this community.

Wow! Good for you brother - I am 33. Struggled through my late teens with weight and got it figured out but to no comparison so far as your journey. Keep up the good the great work and I have found the most effective is Tirzepatide. That is my personal experience. Reta did not do what I thought it would but to be fair did not give it but two weeks (so maybe I will go back next cycle).

Again, stay healthy and keep killing it!! 💪💪💪💪

Hello all! Central North Carolina here.

I'm 46, male, and weight loss has been a 20+ year journey for me. I'm about 6'4 and started at 506 pounds in 2003 then had weight loss surgery in 2005. That was reversed due to failure earlier this year. I'm at 260 pounds now, healthy thankfully. I work with a trainer 3 days a week and have used Mounjaro/Zepbound for about about 18 months total. I'm slowly trying to change over to Retatrutide to see if that will be a better option for me.

It's nice to be here.
Hello, I am from central North Carolina too

I’ve just started my tirz journey yesterday.

I’ve put on well over 40 pounds in the past 4 years and have had very limited success with dieting.

Wish you the best.

Hello, I am from central North Carolina too

I’ve just started my tirz journey yesterday.

I’ve put on well over 40 pounds in the past 4 years and have had very limited success with dieting.

Wish you the best.
Tirzepatide is where it is at Brother - wish the best of luck. I started at 5mg using to cut some body fat and was shocked how effective the GLP-1 is. Not to mention I have zero side effects.

I always recommend be sure to take a solid Vit D supplement (by far most important vitamin the body needs). I use Thorne (Brand) 15,000-20,000IU each day, and of course magnesium glycinate is important too. Anyhow, you got this! Stay hydrated.

Back