I would like to share with everyone interesting study / review

generative AI just "generate text" not necessary "facts"
many time I ask some medical science related questions it answers simply wrong and provide nonexistent references (simply make up stories)

generative AI just "generate text" not necessary "facts"
many time I ask some medical science related questions it answers simply wrong and provide nonexistent references (simply make up stories)
True, but if you prompt it correctly it still delivers quite good summaries and even research. Asking it to fact check and look up sources goes a long way.

Also a very large difference between the different AIs and whether you use a paid plan or not

in a free version of ChatGPT it was giving me repeatedly non-existent references, even when I pointed out that given DOI does not exists at all or pointing to a totally different article

in a free version of ChatGPT it was giving me repeatedly non-existent references, even when I pointed out that given DOI does not exists at all or pointing to a totally different article
Oh yea, the free version is utterly horrible, the paid one gives quite good content actually :)

Oh yea, the free version is utterly horrible, the paid one gives quite good content actually :)

Basically, they are great at summarizing things and they are great at making things up. If you aren't educated on the subject it's impossible to tell the difference.

And I'm talking about the highest end models that only available to people with special access.

Basically, they are great at summarizing things and they are great at making things up. If you aren't educated on the subject it's impossible to tell the difference.

And I'm talking about the highest end models that only available to people with special access.
Very true, if you don't know the subject the generated content will be full of holes. I noticed that clearly when I had an employee write content on subjects he didn't know.

I've also noticed that it will often keep your bias or take instructions for facts even if you ask it to fact check credible sources.

Kind of works like Google, you will find what you're looking for no matter what it is

Back