Minimum BAC for reconstitution

amawgmd

New_Member
Reaction score
I have been doing somewhat normal quantities based on the calculator at prime peptides. I was wondering how concentrated a solution can be made. If for example I am doing 10mg tirz from a 10mg bottle I can add 1ml of bac and pull 100 units. However, I could also add .5 ml of bac and pull 50 units. I am liking the idea of 'smaller' injections but it seems like there must be a max capacity for the bac.

I have been doing somewhat normal quantities based on the calculator at prime peptides. I was wondering how concentrated a solution can be made. If for example I am doing 10mg tirz from a 10mg bottle I can add 1ml of bac and pull 100 units. However, I could also add .5 ml of bac and pull 50 units. I am liking the idea of 'smaller' injections but it seems like there must be a max capacity for the bac.
If I'm not mistaken, the brand name pens only have 0.5ml of fluid in them even if the dose is 2.5mg or 15mg, so you should be fine doing 50 units of bac for a 10mg dose.

The short version is that 0.5mL per dose for tirz is definitely a valid amount to use. This is indeed what is used in Zepbound dosing as moonpies mentions, and it is regardless of dose. It is also the amount used per dose in Mounjaro. Quick little screenshot from right at the top of the Zepbound home page:

1728654703006.png

The long version: I actually did a disgracefully deep dive on the subject of strengths and concentrations and studied effects of different ones for sema last night. Lots of Pubmed deep diving and bookmarking. I have too much to do today and would need a little bit of time to present and organize it all unfortunately. Even just the conclusions I've taken from it, I would want to present them making sure I cover everything I think is important. But for now, 0.5mL is fine for sure.

Appreciate the quick response, have a new batch on the way and plan on concentrating a bit down. Not a fan of injecting what feels like way to much fluid into what is way too much fat :)

Redrock Pharmacy concentrates at .5ml in their 15mg dose, so you only inject 75 units. Makes sense so you only need one syringe for the 15mg injection. I haven't heard anyone complain about the injections being too concentrated.

I use whatever amount makes the math easy when drawing out - and will work with the 30 unit syringes I use, I am not doing 2 shots.

Currently dosing at 10mg, so my 30mg vial gets .90 ml of Bacc water so each draw is 30 units.

I have 60mg vials on order and will move up to 12mg dose when they arrive, so will add 1.25 ml bacc for a 25 unit draw.

I have not had any problems with dissolving or pain.

I use whatever amount makes the math easy when drawing out - and will work with the 30 unit syringes I use, I am not doing 2 shots.

Currently dosing at 10mg, so my 30mg vial gets .90 ml of Bacc water so each draw is 30 units.

I have 60mg vials on order and will move up to 12mg dose when they arrive, so will add 1.25 ml bacc for a 25 unit draw.

I am going to be mixing some this week and think I will target 25 unit injections. I think 25 makes the math easier. So I had a 5mg dose and a 15mg vial I would add .75 ml bacc to the 15 mg vial. This should net 3 doses at 25 units at 5mg per dose.

I think your answering my real question, can I use just a little bit of bacc and it still dissolves. I was thinking about solution saturation. Something like sodium solutions where you can only dissolve so much sodium before it precipitates out.

What you are doing is concentrating at 40mg/ml so I know at least that is below the saturation level.

I think your answering my real question, can I use just a little bit of bacc and it still dissolves. I was thinking about solution saturation. Something like sodium solutions where you can only dissolve so much sodium before it precipitates out.

What you are doing is concentrating at 40mg/ml so I know at least that is below the saturation level.
Yeah, solubility isn't really an issue. I prefer an injection volume of 0.2 mL, so I adjust the concentration of my doses to achieve that. I would bet that even the max dose of Tirzepatide of 15 mg is easily dissolvable in 0.1 mL if you wanted to use that.

Yeah, solubility isn't really an issue. I prefer an injection volume of 0.2 mL, so I adjust the concentration of my doses to achieve that. I would bet that even the max dose of Tirzepatide of 15 mg is easily dissolvable in 0.1 mL if you wanted to use that.
Genuinely curious, why 0.2 mL ?

1.2 ML for a 30 mg vials works out nicely mathematically so you have nice even unit numbers at each dose on the titration schedule. I used to use .8 ML for 10mg vials for the same reason but if I was taking a whole vial at once would do something like .4 ML because I don't like injecting so much liquid at once.

Back