Mounjaro/Zepbound Shortages "Officially" Over (for now?)

I don't get it. LLY can just be like "yep, its no longer in shortage", whilst its entirely still actually in shortage...(?)

It’s technically still on the shortage list. FDA has final say.
"Ultimately", yes, but do you really think Eli Lilly is going to lie to the FDA about the shortage being resolved and risk having it extended indefinitely?

I suspect you'll see the FDA shortage listing revised tomorrow morning. Never forget, the FDA works for big pharma, not the other way around.

"Ultimately", yes, but do you really think Eli Lilly is going to lie to the FDA about the shortage being resolved and risk having it extended indefinitely?

I suspect you'll see the FDA shortage listing revised tomorrow morning. Never forget, the FDA works for big pharma, not the other way around.
Yes, I think EL would lie to anyone anytime.
I’m not debating that the FDA blows, but they’re apparently required to ensure back orders are being filled prior to making the official status change or seems it already would’ve happened.
Just saying its status is still listed as shortage since this was announced 5 days or so ago. Folks who want compound can still order if needed for now.

Yes, I think EL would lie to anyone anytime.
I’m not debating that the FDA blows, but they’re apparently required to ensure back orders are being filled prior to making the official status change or seems it already would’ve happened.
Just saying its status is still listed as shortage since this was announced 5 days or so ago. Folks who want compound can still order if needed for now.
Not disputing that people can still order compounded as of right now, but the Eli Lilly CEO mentioned in interviews last week that they expected MJ and ZB to be removed from the shortage list "very soon". Today they announced that the FDA updated the database on Friday 8/2 to remove the shortage. Publicly traded companies usually don't lie about things like that since money is always #1.

In fact you can view the FDA data by brand name and each dosage right here: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/drugshortages/dsp_ActiveIngredientDetails.cfm?AI=Tirzepatide Injection&st=c&tab=tabs-1

It seems that the only main search results of the FDA shortage page hasn't been updated yet.

(Here is the FDA page for Ozempic/Wegovy for comparison: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scri...ientDetails.cfm?AI=Semaglutide Injection&st=c )

Not disputing that people can still order compounded as of right now, but the Eli Lilly CEO mentioned in interviews last week that they expected MJ and ZB to be removed from the shortage list "very soon". Today they announced that the FDA updated the database on Friday 8/2 to remove the shortage. Publicly traded companies usually don't lie about things like that since money is always #1.

In fact you can view the FDA data by brand name and each dosage right here: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/drugshortages/dsp_ActiveIngredientDetails.cfm?AI=Tirzepatide Injection&st=c&tab=tabs-1

It seems that the only main search results of the FDA shortage page hasn't been updated yet.

(Here is the FDA page for Ozempic/Wegovy for comparison: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/drugshortages/dsp_ActiveIngredientDetails.cfm?AI=Semaglutide Injection&st=c )
Regardless, I know Emerge at least stated they would be able to continue to sell compound up to 6 months after it’s made official. Thankfully, I don’t have to worry about any of this all thanks to this most helpful forum.

I stick generally with the rule as long it's clear you can use it. But yes after very long time I would also not use it but I think 90 days is no problem.

My wife is a Anesthesiologist and they use also in Hospital stuff for 2-3 monthes after opening the bottle.

I stick generally with the rule as long it's clear you can use it. But yes after very long time I would also not use it but I think 90 days is no problem.

My wife is an Anesthesiologist and they use also in Hospital stuff for 2-3 monthes after opening the bottle.
Definitely. Some folks took it much further than 90 once opened and trusted their alcohol wipes. Each pharmacy has their own vial BUD listed, but really as long as you’re diligent with the alcohol wipe any vile can go 90 days once opened and up to a year unopened in fridge - I know SlimdownRx stated that exactly vs others who would only provide a more conservative range.

Back