nauseous while strength training?

octoroach

New_Member
Reaction score
I have lost 60 pounds and now it’s time to start strength training while I lose the final 30-40. Problem is, I’m lifting (not even like hard, just basic started stuff with resistance bands) and midway through I straight feel like puking and have to stop. Anyone else get this? Solutions?

This morning I ate a protein bar and then started my workout for reference so it wasn’t after a big meal or anything. had to stop and just rest and if i try to start back up, sick again

I have lost 60 pounds and now it’s time to start strength training while I lose the final 30-40. Problem is, I’m lifting (not even like hard, just basic started stuff with resistance bands) and midway through I straight feel like puking and have to stop. Anyone else get this? Solutions?

This morning I ate a protein bar and then started my workout for reference so it wasn’t after a big meal or anything. had to stop and just rest and if i try to start back up, sick again
Can you check your blood sugar?

I would say consider working out fasted to see if that helps, or without taking in protein first. When taking a glp1 I have had to make sure my belly is mostly empty when exercising or I have nausea and indigestion.

I would say consider working out fasted to see if that helps, or without taking in protein first. When taking a glp1 I have had to make sure my belly is mostly empty when exercising or I have nausea and indigestion.
It's super interesting hearing how the meds affect others. I have to have a small meal/heavy snack 1-2 hours before a workout and drink extra water/electrolytes beforehand. If I don't I feel weak and nauseous during my workout. And I can't use pre-workout anymore. I workout in the evening and I don't digest it quickly enough to burn through it before I go to bed and I'll be up all night.
I tried to workout fasted (just a brisk 2 mile walk/jog) followed by some light weights and barely made it though my treadmill session before nearly fainting. 😅

It's super interesting hearing how the meds affect others. I have to have a small meal/heavy snack 1-2 hours before a workout and drink extra water/electrolytes beforehand. If I don't I feel weak and nauseous during my workout. And I can't use pre-workout anymore. I workout in the evening and I don't digest it quickly enough to burn through it before I go to bed and I'll be up all night.
I tried to workout fasted (just a brisk 2 mile walk/jog) followed by some light weights and barely made it though my treadmill session before nearly fainting. 😅
Yeah it has definitely changed my digestion and eating habits nat a workout or before bed!

I was like this a decade ago, long before GLP-1s. I believe it had to do with increased blood flow and blood pressure changes, diverting blood flow from one area and to another.

Trending content

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yanaga
Back