New ZEPBOUND user

John316

New_Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Today was my first dose of ZEPBOUND. I took 2.5mg this morning.

I hope to lose around 50 lbs over the course of this next year.

My doctor told me that one issue I may be facing is constipation. Are there any other issues that may be a problem?

Thanks,

John

Hello everyone.

My doctor told me that one issue I may be facing is constipation. Are there any other issues that may be a problem?

Thanks,

John
Water and lots of fiber is the tip of the day 😅

Water and lots of fiber is the tip of the day 😅
This. Also, it's IMPERATIVE that you drink lots of water when taking a fiber supplement like Metamucil or psyllium husk, chia, etc. in general, or else it's gonna have the opposite effect. 😅 I also take a fizzy magnesium drink at night which seems to help as well. If I do still manage to get stopped up, I may add some mirilax to my mag.

Some people also report nausea or fatigue on Tirz (Zep). In general, side effects are much more mild or less common than Sema (Ozempic).

And a quick pointer for your future posts, there is a specific category for Tirzepatide/Zepbound. Sticking to these categories helps keep the site more organized. 🙂

Hello everyone.

Thanks,

John
Oxytocin will knock anything out if you get stopped up.

Hello everyone.

Thanks,

John
Good luck in your journey! There's a bunch of documented side effects. Constipation is the biggest one, imho. When going up in doses, many say nausea comes too. You'll get more tired, most likely because of the lower calorie intake. Watch out your blood sugar, if you feel too tired/dizzy etc eat something.

Stay ahead of constipation if that starts happening. Drink a ton of water. I take metamucil 2x day but I'm switching to magnesium to improve a bit.

Be patient with your body. Take before/after photos. Measure with measuring tape at least once monthly. Get a renpho smart scale (~$20) if you don't have one. All this is cool to track true progress, sometimes is NOT the weight were you see the change.

One final thought, my personal take: don't rush through doses. Stay as low as possible. Many don't get results in those and if you do get stuck (4 weeks without losing) or your hunger suppression is not too high is ok to go up. But don't go up if you are getting good results in the dose you are, just because the protocol says you go 2.5 > 5 > 7.5 > 10 etc. Reason is: you can always go up later when you get stuck, but once you go up, the side effects increase and there's a time that you will have no runway left. Some people stay in lower doses all the time and they are fine some need to go all the way up to 12.5/15 to see changes.

Good luck in your journey! There's a bunch of documented side effects. Constipation is the biggest one, imho. When going up in doses, many say nausea comes too. You'll get more tired, most likely because of the lower calorie intake. Watch out your blood sugar, if you feel too tired/dizzy etc eat something.

Stay ahead of constipation if that starts happening. Drink a ton of water. I take metamucil 2x day but I'm switching to magnesium to improve a bit.

Be patient with your body. Take before/after photos. Measure with measuring tape at least once monthly. Get a renpho smart scale (~$20) if you don't have one. All this is cool to track true progress, sometimes is NOT the weight were you see the change.

One final thought, my personal take: don't rush through doses. Stay as low as possible. Many don't get results in those and if you do get stuck (4 weeks without losing) or your hunger suppression is not too high is ok to go up. But don't go up if you are getting good results in the dose you are, just because the protocol says you go 2.5 > 5 > 7.5 > 10 etc. Reason is: you can always go up later when you get stuck, but once you go up, the side effects increase and there's a time that you will have no runway left. Some people stay in lower doses all the time and they are fine some need to go all the way up to 12.5/15 to see changes.
Thank you. I will keep all those things in mind during this journey.

Hello everyone.

Thanks,

John
I do all the things. Lots of water, Metamucil, stool softener… but what helps the most, 4 prunes every day. An hour after eating my prunes… Works every time.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back