Probably some basic questions from a beginner

opengirl

Registered
Reaction score
I have never bought peptides before, but I was given a sample pen of Saxenda and it worked wonders for me so I've been trying ever since then to find a way to afford this sort of medication, and this seems to be the only route that will fit within my budget.

I've been trying to understand how it all works, so forgive me if my questions are really basic. For Terz, the initial dose is 2.5 mg once per week, correct? And the vials are sold in 5mg, 10mg, and 15mg amounts. But that is just the powder, it needs to be reconstituted. This is probably a really stupid question, but... would the 10 mg vial of Terz be a one month dose (at the initial dose)? Or does the amount in a vial change (increase) with the addition of the BAC water?

I'm asking because while Terz seems to be the most effective peptide according to what I've read, if I'm doing this math correctly, it will also cost significantly more than semiglutide, which has a much lower dosing schedule.

Thanks in advance!

Everyone reacts differently to different meds. One RS can do wonderful on one while another does not at all. Or has side effects.
Best advice would be to order domestic vial of choice and research that.
And yes ,your calcs are correct.
There are many pep calculators out there. I use pepcalc...but there is a one time fee for it.

Another option is https://peptidecalc.com/
You can use it to experiment with different values...
It is a free option that you can throw various numbers into and see how it affects the individual doses...
Pay attention to the units for each field...The vial quatity they expect in mg but the individual doses at the bottom need to be in mcg.

FYI 1mg=1000mcg...So your 10mg vial has 10000mcg. So at the bottom if you want 2.5mg(2500mcg) for each dose you would enter 2500.
Really simple once you throw some different numbers in the forms (y)
Example: Syringes usually show units on side...1ml=100 units...Select 1ml Syringe...10mg vial...1ml BAC water...other 2500 for each dose. It will tell you that you will need to use 25 units for each shot...which if you think about it makes since because 25units+25units+25units+25units=100units....which is equal to the 1ml(100units) of bac water you added to the vial.

Hope that gets you started

its a very simple math, if your dose is 2.5mg and you have vial of 10mg so it is 10/2.5=4 so any amount of water you add you divide by 4 and its your 1 dose, example: you add 1ml, it means 1/4 = 0.25ml = 2.5mg - simple just like that

I'm asking because while Terz seems to be the most effective peptide according to what I've read, if I'm doing this math correctly, it will also cost significantly more than semiglutide, which has a much lower dosing schedule.
yes, Sema should be always the first choice when starting, its 3x-4x cheaper and for most people effective enough
to the effectiveness: actually CagriSema & Retatrutide are the most effective, but not approved yet

Hello, it is true that the peptides are not yet approved. And certainly not in Germany. I have been paying €350 a month for Mounjaro and asked my pharmacist if he could get the medicine from an international pharmacy so I could get it cheaper. He said no. Mounjaro was not even approved for obesity until December 2023. If I buy any peptides from abroad, it is already illegal. The only strange thing is that I read that Nordisk is now ordering its raw materials for production from China and India because it cannot produce enough itself due to the high demand. So far, I have not found any harmful side effects for humans in the published studies on the peptides. On the contrary, even other organs such as the liver, kidneys, lipid metabolism disorders, heart health, and blood pressure benefit from them. In the case of Cagri-Sema in particular, maximum success is described through this combination with a minimal dose. And further research with Mazdutide and Survodutide is also promising. By 2028, 7 more new peptides to combat obesity are to be launched on the market. A blessing for humanity. The risk that the FDA has not yet approved them and that the peptides are in the third phase of trials seems manageable to me. I therefore consider it justifiable and not reckless to try these substances, especially since everyone reacts differently when it comes to side effects. I can say that I experience almost no side effects. Conversely, I have learned from Facebook groups that some people gave me the impression that they were literally waiting for side effects, perhaps to find an excuse for their personal "inadequacies" (sins).

Hello, it is true that the peptides are not yet approved. And certainly not in Germany. I have been paying €350 a month for Mounjaro and asked my pharmacist if he could get the medicine from an international pharmacy so I could get it cheaper. He said no. Mounjaro was not even approved for obesity until December 2023. If I buy any peptides from abroad, it is already illegal. The only strange thing is that I read that Nordisk is now ordering its raw materials for production from China and India because it cannot produce enough itself due to the high demand. So far, I have not found any harmful side effects for humans in the published studies on the peptides. On the contrary, even other organs such as the liver, kidneys, lipid metabolism disorders, heart health, and blood pressure benefit from them. In the case of Cagri-Sema in particular, maximum success is described through this combination with a minimal dose. And further research with Mazdutide and Survodutide is also promising. By 2028, 7 more new peptides to combat obesity are to be launched on the market. A blessing for humanity. The risk that the FDA has not yet approved them and that the peptides are in the third phase of trials seems manageable to me. I therefore consider it justifiable and not reckless to try these substances, especially since everyone reacts differently when it comes to side effects. I can say that I experience almost no side effects. Conversely, I have learned from Facebook groups that some people gave me the impression that they were literally waiting for side effects, perhaps to find an excuse for their personal "inadequacies" (sins).
paradoxically meds which are not approved yet are usually - depending on in which country you live - practically legal or in gray area as they are "research peptides", while those already approved are in every country on the world (probably) regulated by law as a prescription medication and its illegal to sell/obtain without a valid prescription (again, depends on every country own laws)

yes, Sema should be always the first choice when starting, its 3x-4x cheaper and for most people effective enough
to the effectiveness: actually CagriSema & Retatrutide are the most effective, but not approved yet
Hi, sorry to kick up an old topic. I have seen / have had this mentioned to me, but I'm looking for the why to this. Is it just the simple cost/effectiveness?

I have been researching for a couple months now and I feel like I am getting to the point where I am just overwhelmed with information and peoples opinions. Also, I am just one of those people that I really like to understand why I'm doing something before just doing something.

Hi, sorry to kick up an old topic. I have seen / have had this mentioned to me, but I'm looking for the why to this. Is it just the simple cost/effectiveness?
Sema has been around longer. It is definitely cheaper than Tirz and will knock hunger out like nothing else for most people, however, the side effects tend to be worse for some. I jumped right into Tirz even though it was more expensive, but I already have a myriad of gut issues and thankfully my side effects have been minimal to non existent (I'm still on a lower dose though).
Most everything else is still undergoing clinical trials and not yet FDA approved, so there is less official data and much of what you will read in various forums is likely anecdotal.

In general, when it comes to trying any new medications or treatments, it's usually best to ease your way into things and see how your body reacts. Some people have so much success off Sema alone they don't need to switch or add Cagri. A lot of people are impatient and don't give the meds time to do their thing (don't expect instant results) and they jump from one med to another with willful abandon.

Sema has been around longer. It is definitely cheaper than Tirz and will knock hunger out like nothing else for most people, however, the side effects tend to be worse for some. I jumped right into Tirz even though it was more expensive, but I already have a myriad of gut issues and thankfully my side effects have been minimal to non existent (I'm still on a lower dose though).
Most everything else is still undergoing clinical trials and not yet FDA approved, so there is less official data and much of what you will read in various forums is likely anecdotal.

In general, when it comes to trying any new medications or treatments, it's usually best to ease your way into things and see how your body reacts. Some people have so much success off Sema alone they don't need to switch or add Cagri. A lot of people are impatient and don't give the meds time to do their thing (don't expect instant results) and they jump from one med to another with willful abandon.
Thanks for the reply.

I completely understand. I was thinking of skipping sema, and trying triz mostly because of what I have read regarding the side effects. I know that there is inherent risk / side effects with everything. I just feel like sema may seem to carry more than most. I have read the protocol for tirz and was thinking of starting at 1 rather than the 2.5 recommended to help negate some of the initial side effects.

I appreciate your input.

if possible, always start on Sema first as its the most cost effective and for many it works just fine, only when if its not "enough" for you anymore, look for other options

Thanks for the reply.

I completely understand. I was thinking of skipping sema, and trying triz mostly because of what I have read regarding the side effects. I know that there is inherent risk / side effects with everything. I just feel like sema may seem to carry more than most. I have read the protocol for tirz and was thinking of starting at 1 rather than the 2.5 recommended to help negate some of the initial side effects.

I appreciate your input.
You may or may not even have side effects on tirz. I had one morning when I was nauseous and then I ate and that went away. After I ate I got super fatigued. That was the one and only time I have felt anything except what I am supposed to feel.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your input.
I started on Tirz instead of sema because I’d heard about “ozempic face” and it scared me 😂 but I can say after losing 35 pounds my face is definitely thinner and I look older than I did a year ago. However I’m happier with the way I look - I hated being puffy and fat! I think no matter what, I would have had “ozempic face” on any of these drugs.

I do actually have face wrinkles now, that’s the one bad thing - I never had wrinkles because I was so puffy.

I started on Tirz instead of sema because I’d heard about “ozempic face” and it scared me 😂 but I can say after losing 35 pounds my face is definitely thinner and I look older than I did a year ago. However I’m happier with the way I look - I hated being puffy and fat! I think no matter what, I would have had “ozempic face” on any of these drugs.

I do actually have face wrinkles now, that’s the one bad thing - I never had wrinkles because I was so puffy.
OH! ha! thank you for sharing your candid experience. I am sure losing weight will being some other new insecurities. I love my body, I just want to be able to paint my toes and not feel like I cant reach anymore 🙃🫠🫠

if possible, always start on Sema first as its the most cost effective and for many it works just fine, only when if its not "enough" for you anymore, look for other options
Thank you. I do have a rx from my PCP but my insurance wouldn't approve because I haven't done a documented weight loss program approved by them. I was like its 75 miles away?! I just got tired of the run around so I started to research my own options. I feel confident enough in myself, my research skills and math abilities that I can manage.

OH! ha! thank you for sharing your candid experience. I am sure losing weight will being some other new insecurities. I love my body, I just want to be able to paint my toes and not feel like I cant reach anymore 🙃🫠🫠
Sure thing! Also, I had heard that sema has more side effects. I personally started by microdosing for a long time. I had almost no side effects whatsoever, and I think that's because I was REALLY patient and didn't jump doses up too large or too quickly. I had appetite suppression and olives & coffee tasted bitter for awhile, but those effects ebbed. I also occasionally get allodynia (skin sensitivity).

I started at 2.5 MG for 2 months, then inched up to 2.6 MG for 2 weeks, then 2.7 MG for 2 weeks, then 2.8 MG for 2 weeks, etc. It took me several months to start jumping to higher doses. I only ever topped out at about 10 MG and that was just for a couple weeks - I had done my math wrong on a bottle and essentially doubled my dose (random nausea was the clue there).

I'm on the way down now and currently at 6.65 MG per week (injecting 3.8 MG every 4 days). I will be dropping half a MG per month per my doc's recommendation (if I start gaining, I will stop there and maintain at whatever level that is). I started injecting a smaller amount every 3-4 days to smooth out the peaks and valleys and recommend that as well.

I started on Wegovy under an endocrinologist care. Lost my first 70 lbs on it. In the beginning I had occasional mild nausea, constipation, and sinusitis. Nothing terrible and it went away (except the sinusitis) I switched to Zepbound in July and have lost another 16 pounds. I wouldn’t hesitate to start on Sema.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangopescolito
Back