Alc swab lyophilized new pep vial
Alc swab BAC water
Pull BAC water into syringe
Deposit into lyophilized vial
Alc swab old pep vial
Pull remaining pep from old vial using same syringe as above
Alc swab new pep vial
Pull from new vial until proper dosage is met within syringe

Syringe is now filled with remaining pep from old vial and additional pep from new vial. Then it's injected after swabbing skin.

Is there anything problematic with this process as laid out?

I would inject twice or deposit my peptide into a fresh/sterile vial, using a different needle for the old and new vial. I won't put anything except a fresh needle in a vial. You're greatly increasing contamination risk. There are a lot of factors to consider. How long was the "old" vial opened, how many times have you accessed the vial. Etc. Only you can determine what level of risk you're comfortable with.

@GustyWinds
I agree with everyone else on best practices and not making any recommendations.

Just to give you another step/option if you choose to continue to do it that way...

I don't know if it matters/helps or not but when I didn't have a big enough syringe and needed multiple trips to the BAC water for the peptide vial I have used the same syringe/needle but I also gently swiped my alcohol wipe up the length of the needle before each pull. 🤷‍♂️

@GustyWinds
I agree with everyone else on best practices and not making any recommendations.

Just to give you another step/option if you choose to continue to do it that way...

I don't know if it matters/helps or not but when I didn't have a big enough syringe and needed multiple trips to the BAC water for the peptide vial I have used the same syringe/needle but I also gently swiped my alcohol wipe up the length of the needle before each pull. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I was considering just poking the alcohol wipe with the needle between each step. Hard to envision this being too risky if done this way. But this inquiring mind appreciates all the feedback.

Trending content

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SetSetSet
Back