Split dosing?

skinnylegend

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
I had a quick question.
8/6 I started my first dose of 2.5mg
I split it into 1.25 because I tend to be sensitive to medications. I didn’t expect a lot since it was a small dose, however I did have slight appetite suppression, and it helped me curb my appetite just enough to make healthier choices. However, as of today 8/9 I am feeling hungry. And I know that is partly due to the fact I’ve only had about 800 cals over the last 2 days. (And my stomach is growling lol). And I do plan to eat at least 1000-1600 a day I just wanted to eat less to make sure I didn’t get sick.

Would it be okay for me to do the other half of my dose today or should I wait a few more days? I think since my side effects have been mild I feel more comfortable going for the full dose next week.

Thanks

Splitting is not a problem at all. For few people, a 7-day cycle is too long between doses. I follow a 3-day split

Hello!
I had a quick question.
I split it into 1.25 because I tend to be sensitive to medications. I didn’t expect a lot since it was a small dose, however I did have slight appetite suppression, and it helped me curb my appetite just enough to make healthier choices. However, as of today 8/9 I am feeling hungry. And I know that is partly due to the fact I’ve only had about 800 cals over the last 2 days. (And my stomach is growling lol). And I do plan to eat at least 1000-1600 a day I just wanted to eat less to make sure I didn’t get sick.

Would it be okay for me to do the other half of my dose today or should I wait a few more days? I think since my side effects have been mild I feel more comfortable going for the full dose next week.

Thanks
I tried splitting....was almost like I never took it

Hello!
I had a quick question.

Thanks
Just my experience, not medical advice lol, but ..... oh my goodness, YESSSS 😉

Hello!
I had a quick question.

Thanks
If a person splits doses, taking a dose every 3 1/2 days, the lowest amount in the body (the trough) will be 61% of the highest amount (the trough). That assumes a 5 day half life. I ignore how the drug is released into the relevant parts of the body after injection because I couldn't figure those out from US prescribing information. If instead you take it as recommended by Eli Lilly, the trough will be 38% of the peak. You'll experience the peak immediately before you administer the next dose. That assumes you take it at the same time every day. With all of that said, I have noticed that I couldn't find anything that says that manufacturer was even interested in dosing tirzepatide more than once per week. The trials all involved once per week dosing. I assume that if there was a reason to believe the drug worked much better with twice per week or every day dosing, the manufacturer would have so recommended. Having said all of that, I will mainly be using once per week dosing because health insurance pays for my Zepbound. I will continue to order compounded to make transitions easier. For instance, I'm currently taking one pen of 2.5 milligrams plus 1.2 milligrams of compounded as I wait to transition to 5 milligrams. Is going up with intermediate dosing any better than just jumping to 5 milligrams? I don't know, but that's what I'm doing.

Hello!
I had a quick question.

Thanks
If a person splits doses, taking a dose every 3 1/2 days, the lowest amount in the body (the trough) will be 61% of the highest amount (the trough). That assumes a 5 day half life. I ignore how the drug is released into the relevant parts of the body after injection because I couldn't figure those out from US prescribing information. If instead you take it as recommended by Eli Lilly, the trough will be 38% of the peak. You'll experience the peak immediately before you administer the next dose. That assumes you take it at the same time every day. With all of that said, I have noticed that I couldn't find anything that says that manufacturer was even interested in dosing tirzepatide more than once per week. The trials all involved once per week dosing. I assume that if there was a reason to believe the drug worked much better with twice per week or every day dosing, the manufacturer would have so recommended. Having said all of that, I will mainly be using once per week dosing because health insurance pays for my Zepbound. I will continue to order compounded to make transitions easier. For instance, I'm currently taking one pen of 2.5 milligrams plus 1.2 milligrams of compounded as I wait to transition to 5 milligrams. Is going up with intermediate dosing any better than just jumping to 5 milligrams? I don't know, but that's what I'm doing.https://glp1forum.com/threads/split-dosing.771/#_xfUid-2-1725319653

If a person splits doses, taking a dose every 3 1/2 days, the lowest amount in the body (the trough) will be 61% of the highest amount (the trough). That assumes a 5 day half life. I ignore how the drug is released into the relevant parts of the body after injection because I couldn't figure those out from US prescribing information. If instead you take it as recommended by Eli Lilly, the trough will be 38% of the peak. You'll experience the peak immediately before you administer the next dose. That assumes you take it at the same time every day. With all of that said, I have noticed that I couldn't find anything that says that manufacturer was even interested in dosing tirzepatide more than once per week. The trials all involved once per week dosing. I assume that if there was a reason to believe the drug worked much better with twice per week or every day dosing, the manufacturer would have so recommended. Having said all of that, I will mainly be using once per week dosing because health insurance pays for my Zepbound. I will continue to order compounded to make transitions easier. For instance, I'm currently taking one pen of 2.5 milligrams plus 1.2 milligrams of compounded as I wait to transition to 5 milligrams. Is going up with intermediate dosing any better than just jumping to 5 milligrams? I don't know, but that's what I'm doing.https://glp1forum.com/threads/split-dosing.771/#_xfUid-2-1725319653
You can utilize the half life equation and plot this in excel.

Or use an app like Shotsy if you have an Apple product.

I started splitting my 10mg weekly dose into 5mg every 3.5 days back in May. This was after being on the 10mg weekly for 8 weeks already. I noticed the difference in better effectiveness both in appetite suppression, reduced food noise, and delayed gastric emptying that lasted at the same level for the full 7 days. So I have continued to split the 10mg and am just now this week moving up to 12.5mg. I will also be splitting this dose.

If a person splits doses, taking a dose every 3 1/2 days, the lowest amount in the body (the trough) will be 61% of the highest amount (the trough). That assumes a 5 day half life. I ignore how the drug is released into the relevant parts of the body after injection because I couldn't figure those out from US prescribing information. If instead you take it as recommended by Eli Lilly, the trough will be 38% of the peak.
You'll experience the peak immediately before you administer the next dose. That assumes you take it at the same time every day.
I split my 5mg dose into two 2.5mg on a 3 1/2 day schedule for this reason (and I use Shotsy to graph it).

But did you mean if on the 1x/wk schedule "you'll experience the peak immediately before you administer the next dose" or the bottom of the trough? You are almost at the bottom immediately before you administer the next dose. It takes several hours to reach peak again after administering a dose. (Maybe I'm interpreting what you said wrong?)
The trials all involved once per week dosing. I assume that if there was a reason to believe the drug worked much better with twice per week or every day dosing, the manufacturer would have so recommended.
I would not assume the reason the drug worked better 1x/week is why they recommend it. Two huge concerns for adoption of a new drug are ease of use and compliance. To recommend a 3 1/2 day schedule would already have some people thinking that was too confusing. A missed dose has less lattitude in when it could be taken when there are only 3 1/2 days between them. People miss doses of drugs all the time.

Also, the pens are [relatively] expensive. Needing more pens would prolong the shortage, which is already costing them millions. Ditto the new single-dose vials. I would also think more studies meant more research $$ to compare once vs twice per week and why would they invest in those studies if they don't want to market it or distribute it that way.

This could just be my jaded opinion, but I think $$ speak very loudly - maybe more loudly than being as efficacious as possible. I have seen opinions that it is recommended at 1x/week to enable the body to cycle down to the lower trough you mentioned, but I can't find any way to see if that is factual or just conjecture.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back