Sterile Peptides

What Are Sterile GLP1s Worth To You?

• I'm The Boy in the Bubble - Sterile Peptiles are Beyond Price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Built Like Aah-nald and NOTHING Can HURT Me, you baby-man!

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • I have all my GLP1s tested for sterility.

• I'd pay more for products that were Sterility Tested

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • I'd pay 5% more per vial for Sterility testing

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I'd pay 10% more per vial for Sterility testing

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • ... 20% more

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • ... 33% more

• ... 50% more per vial and that's my FINAL OFFER!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dionysos

Reaction score

Opinions Abound Regarding Peptide Sterility

What's Your Thinking On The Subject?​

The Boy In the Plastic Bubble.png

The Boy In The Bubble - 1976 starring John Travolta

• What is sterility testing really worth to you?
• Should we be content with an endotoxin PASS/FAIL test?
• Do we really need to test for Heavy Metals in our peptides?
• Would Janoshik Triple Testing (COA, Endotoxins, Heavy Metals) be worth $50.00 per vial to you?

Talk amongst yourselves...

Last edited:
I think first we should run some fda approved stuff for sterility testing to see if it even passes. And I wonder about whether janos test looks at bacteria metabolites or actually identifying bacteria or fungus for whether they are harmful.

I also wonder if there is an approved standard for this in clinical settings, like are iv drugs even tested for sterility? For example when I start an IV most people would think that we sterilize the skin. We don't. It's a clean procedure, not sterile. We're just trying to reduce the number of bacteria to reduce the chance of infection based on the concept of multiplicity of infection. There are so many bacteria everywhere that sterility is nearly unachievable for more than a short time.

Do Jano's tests look at quantity of bacteria? A tiny amount of bacteria may not matter.

I don't know the answer to all of these things, just trying to offer my point of view as a sterility skeptic. It's a good goal but is it realistic to demand from this environment?

Damp, I don't know the answers either but they're damn good questions!

My guess is that there are medical professionals among our members who could express informed opinions about the questions you've raised.

Let's hope they come forward :)

I mean, I don't really want to inject anything that is known to be dangerous in the sense that it is full of bacteria or heavy metals. I also don't have the money to pay the big pharma prices for the "clean" stuff. The in-between comfort zone for me will be to filter research materials from places that people generally agree are safe, both through experiences and testing. (I really appreciated the spreadsheet when starting dionysos)

Originally, I never really considered sterility when it came to research materials so it would be a lie to say that the recent noise surrounding failures in sterility testing didn't affect my decision making at all. I figure if it matters, then filtering is a cheap way to ensure the peps are clean before they get used and if it ends up being a nothing burger then I only wasted like 50 bucks to make myself feel better. :LOL:

i leave my fat melting injecting solutions out overnight after removing the stopper. I use the same syringes up to 20-30 times. but i'm a dumbass, we've already established that as a group.

After seeing the video on filtering I figured I'm doing half that already. I'm immuno compromised (anti rejection medication) so filtering a month's worth for a few $ for me makes sense. I'll write off the lost peptide in the 4mm filter as claimed "overfill".

Tangent... Is this penchant lately for "overfilling" just appealing to us "fatties" who want an extra scoop? Personally I'd rather have a better grasp on what I'm injecting.

After seeing the video on filtering I figured I'm doing half that already. I'm immuno compromised (anti rejection medication) so filtering a month's worth for a few $ for me makes sense. I'll write off the lost peptide in the 4mm filter as claimed "overfill".

Tangent... Is this penchant lately for "overfilling" just appealing to us "fatties" who want an extra scoop? Personally I'd rather have a better grasp on what I'm injecting.
The overfill is done simply because it looks good from a sales perspective.

If a product is stated to be 10mg, but the actual content is 9.4 - it’s natural for the buyer to feel shafted.

But any amount of overfill from the stated content is a bonus, though optimally it shouldn’t be more than 5, maybe 10% since it’s common to measure the dose from the labeled amount.

...Is this penchant lately for "overfilling" just appealing to us "fatties" who want an extra scoop? Personally I'd rather have a better grasp on what I'm injecting.
Paying attention to the reported COA peptide mass is the best way to "have a better grasp" on what you're injecting.

The overfilling began as a Quality Awareness practice over a year ago and has become more common recently because new vendors are adopting the practice.

Peptide mass revealed by COA has some randomness to it. At two decimal places, the way it is usually reported, a given COA’d peptide mass is very nearly unique. The vendors who employ it often make it part of the product name/description on every vial label.

Screenshot Example from Aminos Research website attached. (The shipped vials each have the unique peptide mass printed on the label; this generalized e-commerce product photo does not.)
View attachment 2360

Last edited:
I worked in what was considered a “human tissue” lab and while we had strict guidelines for cleanliness, disinfection, and sterilization of surfaces/machines/ourselves, we couldn’t claim that our samples were sterile. The product wasn’t injected (but still entered the body) so maybe that’s why the sterility of the sample didn’t matter.

So, how much does this matter to me…? With a supplier with a long, safe supply record, not much, but does it take just a bad batch of raws they all get? Woof.

I think first we should run some fda approved stuff for sterility testing to see if it even passes. And I wonder about whether janos test looks at bacteria metabolites or actually identifying bacteria or fungus for
Agree. I'd like to see their protocol. The lab worked in was just pass/fail. If the sample had less than X it "passed". More than "x" it failed. Regardless of what strain of bacterium grew. You had to pay extra for us to provide quantitative reports and to identify the exact strains because of the ID process. Such as staining, making slides, etc.

When I was a hospital phlebotomy tech, the nurses used alcohol to "sanitize" the skin for IV prep. As a phlebotomy tech I used surgical chloro-prep to "sterilize" the skin before a blood culture collection because alcohol isn't good enough and will cause contaminated samples.

*edited for spelling

I think first we should run some fda approved stuff for sterility testing to see if it even passes. And I wonder about whether janos test looks at bacteria metabolites or actually identifying bacteria or fungus for whether they are harmful.

I also wonder if there is an approved standard for this in clinical settings, like are iv drugs even tested for sterility? For example when I start an IV most people would think that we sterilize the skin. We don't. It's a clean procedure, not sterile. We're just trying to reduce the number of bacteria to reduce the chance of infection based on the concept of multiplicity of infection. There are so many bacteria everywhere that sterility is nearly unachievable for more than a short time.

Do Jano's tests look at quantity of bacteria? A tiny amount of bacteria may not matter.

I don't know the answer to all of these things, just trying to offer my point of view as a sterility skeptic. It's a good goal but is it realistic to demand from this environment?
I have some real Mounjaro vials left in the fridge, I can send some for testing if ever it's possible to test liquid solutions?

...any amount of overfill from the stated content is a bonus, though optimally it shouldn’t be more than 5, maybe 10% since it’s common to measure the dose from the labeled amount.
It may be common Bacchus but it's wrong.

Ignoring the best information available for your injection, data that's been expensively obtained, is lazy, imprecise, and contrary to the whole idea of Research.

Sorry but it had to be said. Cocodrie will not tolerate sloppiness with his meds!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I used surgical chloro-prep to "sterilize" the skin before a blood culture collection because alcohol isn't good enough and will cause contaminated samples.
" alcohol isn't good enough "
Oh DEAR!
Don't let @Broken_Chef see this or we'll never hear the end of it.
His OCD self will be down that chloro-prep rabbit hole SO FAST...

I don't really feel like we should have to pay more. Also, as overlooked as it seems to be by a lot of vendors, I think filtering seems like an alternative to worrying about it.

It may be common Bacchus but it's wrong.

Ignoring the best information available for your injection, data that's been expensively obtained, is lazy, imprecise, and contrary to the whole idea of Research.

Sorry but it had to be said. Cocodrie will not tolerate sloppiness with his meds!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I won’t argue with that at all. But it’s why a heavy overfill is just as bad as underfill in my opinion.

I believe the FDA requirement is +/-5% from the labeled amount

Agree. I'd like to see their protocol. The lab worked in was just pass/fail. If the sample had less than X it "passed". More than "x" it failed. Regardless of what strain of bacterium grew. You had to pay extra for us to provide quantitative reports and to identify the exact strains because of the ID process. Such as staining, making slides, etc.

When I was a hospital phlebotomy tech, the nurses used alcohol to "sanitize" the skin for IV prep. As a phlebotomy tech I used surgical chloro-prep to "sterilize" the skin before a blood culture collection because alcohol isn't good enough and will cause contaminated samples.

*edited for spelling
Tango, as another medical professional how do you feel about product sterility from the gray market? Would you pay more for sterile product?

I have some real Mounjaro vials left in the fridge, I can send some for testing if ever it's possible to test liquid solutions?
I believe we'd have to sacrifice a brand new vial or pen that's in date from compound or fda retail, and send that in. But that one sample wouldn't tell us much actually, would need several. I bet there's already an industry standard for this we just need to figure out how to find that info

I won’t argue with that at all. But it’s why a heavy overfill is just as bad as underfill in my opinion.

I believe the FDA requirement is +/-5% from the labeled amount
OH! We're conforming to the FDA STANDARDS now...
for these grey market Not For Human Use veterinary alligator drugs.
Good to know!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back