Supplies & volume of BAC

shaendra

Registered
Reaction score
So my first order of tirz should arrive in a couple weeks. It'll be 10mg vials, and I'll need to reconstitute it. What size needles are recommended for transferring the BAC to the vials, and then for drawing/injecting the solution? I think I can find instructions on how much BAC to use for a single 10mg vial on my own, but if anyone has that handy, happy to just bookmark it from here. Thanks!

I use very little Bac 100 units or 1 ml tops.
Per dose, or to reconstitute an entire vial?

I'll be starting out at 2.5mg, and each vial is 10mg, so I know to draw out 1/4 of the total reconstituted volume for each injection... just wondering how much water I should be adding to the vial in the first place. If I add 1ml water, that would be 250 units per injection, but is that the right dilution (1ml water : 10mg tirz)?

I'll be starting out at 2.5mg, and each vial is 10mg, so I know to draw out 1/4 of the total reconstituted volume for each injection... just wondering how much water I should be adding to the vial in the first place. If I add 1ml water, that would be 250 units per injection, but is that the right dilution (1ml water : 10mg tirz)?
Entire vial… 25 units.

I think you mean 25 units. I use 100 units ( that is 1 ml) to reconstitute 1 vial usually. Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_2818.png
    IMG_2818.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
Ok I guess my last question then is how long of a needle should I get. Seems most are 8mm or 12mm - would 8mm be long enough to get the last dose out of these vials?

Ok I guess my last question then is how long of a needle should I get. Seems most are 8mm or 12mm - would 8mm be long enough to get the last dose out of these vials?
For tirz and other peptides, I use 8mm, 30 gauge (higher gauge = thinner needles). 31g would work, too. Whatever works better for you.

I use easy touch 31 gauge 8mm syringes. Those work well for injections and reconstituting also. Since you're starting at 2.5mg and your vial contains 10mg tirzepatide I personally would reconstitute that vial with 1ml of water which is 100 units on a U-100 syringe. For each injection draw out 25 units (which is .25ml), this keeps the math easy. The amount of Bac water doesn't really matter, you just have to know that 2.5mg is one quarter of 10mg so however much water you reconstitute with you need to use one quarter of that volume for your injection. If you use 1ml then you know 10mg is in 1ml therefore 2.5mg is in .25ml, easy math. Getting the absolute last drop out of the vial can be challenging so for the last dose I've started cutting the band off of the vial with nail clippers (it's aluminum & cuts easily), removing the stopper and sticking the needle in the vial to draw it, that way you can get all of it.

Thanks :) Not too worried about the math part. I just wasn’t sure how much was needed to properly reconstitute it. Good idea on just breaking it open for the last draw!

Thanks :) Not too worried about the math part. I just wasn’t sure how much was needed to properly reconstitute it. Good idea on just breaking it open for the last draw!
It doesn't take much BAC water to reconstitute, I'm sure your 10mg vial would go into solution with .1ml (10 units) or less. The problem is that if you use too little water then it's hard to be precise with the dosing, i.e. if you used 10 units to reconstitute 10mg of tirz then to get your dose of 2.5mg you'd only use 2.5 units. That would be impossible to measure with any precision using our U-100 syringes. I pick a BAC water amount that will give me a injection size of 25 to 50 units (.25-.5ml). That's big enough to measure but not so big that it's uncomfortable to inject. A Mounjaro or Zepbound pen has .5ml of solution in it so I like to keep my reconstitution around that volume.

Everything arrived today. Good thing I ordered 2 bottles of BAC, as one was/got broken. I suspect it was from my husband manhandling it, while removing them from the packaging. 30ml will last quite awhile though so it’s fine (just a little waste of $$). Now to get started - I think I’ll make the first dosage on Friday in case I get nauseous. Rather not have that happen at work.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItzJay
Back