Tesofensine

I tried it the 250mcg from limitless, and it was way to stimulating for me. Similar feeling to phentermine or modafinil, I had some agitation and insomnia. Good appetite suppression but overall not a fan - didn't finish my bottle and will probably just throw it away.

Anyone using this? I would love to try it! Please delete if this isn’t allowed.

It’s also extremely stimulating. Usually the dosage is half, so I’d recommend starting with that or less. It’s very strong and definitely can cause insomnia.

Also curious about tesofensine. It's a triple reuptake inhibitor being studied for depression.

But I'm wondering if, like most SSRI's, it:

1. Takes time to work ..
2. Is somewhat addicting in that going off it results in nasty withdrawal symptoms...
3. Has the potential to cause suicidal thoughts, like SSRI's ..
4. Interacts with other depression/anxiety meds...

And 100 other questions based on answers to those questions...

Would love to discuss this in detail with others who use/have used it, and perhaps have depression/anxiety issues.

Figured I'd post here first, but headed to peppys next to see what I can find there.

I'm curious to try it, but am treading VERY lightly due to potential issues.

Last edited:
Anyone using this? I would love to try it! Please delete if this isn’t allowed.

I have used it for a few months by using a pill cutter to cut the pills into quarters. So 125 mg per dose. You need tablets not capsules for this. It smoothed out over time, but initially caused some raging insomnia.

I have used it for a few months by using a pill cutter to cut the pills into quarters. So 125 mg per dose. You need tablets not capsules for this. It smoothed out over time, but initially caused some raging insomnia.
Thanks for your input. I guess I need to find a different option. I'm afraid of this stuff, lol. I take meds to sleep so I don't know how this will react. And I'm concerned about it causing nasty withdrawal symptoms like SSRI's did...

Reading about this on peppys taught me there's some fake stuff going around. One of the better domestic vendors just started carrying this, but it's rather expensive - $225 for 120 tablets. They are sold as 500mcg, but tested at 659mcg. That's pretty steep to try something. If someone was selling sampler packs of like 10 tablets for $25, I might try a few 1/4 tablets to see how it goes, but don't want to drop $225 to find out I can't take them.

I guess I'll look into some other options.

I also cut the tablets into quarters for 125mcg doses. I take it early morning (5-7 am) to prevent insomnia. I was on it 3 months but stopped for a few weeks to see if it was triggering palpitations. It turns out the l-carnitine and caffeine were my triggers. I’m back on Teso this week and have already dropped 2 pounds (I stack with Reta). I hadn’t lost any weight the few weeks I was off of it. So I like it.

I also cut the tablets into quarters for 125mcg doses. I take it early morning (5-7 am) to prevent insomnia. I was on it 3 months but stopped for a few weeks to see if it was triggering palpitations. It turns out the l-carnitine and caffeine were my triggers. I’m back on Teso this week and have already dropped 2 pounds (I stack with Reta). I hadn’t lost any weight the few weeks I was off of it. So I like it.
No withdrawals or noticable issues when you went off it? Have you ever taken SSRI's and had issues going off them?

Trying to find someone with SSRI issues similar to me who have tried teso.

And how would you rate the "energy" you get from this? caffeine, modafinil, phentermine, ephidrine??

Thanks!!

No withdrawals or noticable issues when you went off it? Have you ever taken SSRI's and had issues going off them?

Trying to find someone with SSRI issues similar to me who have tried teso.

And how would you rate the "energy" you get from this? caffeine, modafinil, phentermine, ephidrine??

Thanks!!
No withdrawals. I took antidepressants 20 years ago and I don’t remember which ones and any withdrawals, so I can’t help you there. As for energy, I am still trying to get it. Caffeine doesn’t give me any, thus it’s why I started l-carnitine. I’ve never taken the others you mentioned. The Reta and Teso are great for my appetite suppression but I don’t notice any difference in energy. But I have lost over 100 pounds and believe that included muscle unfortunately. And tmi but I’m menopausal and get up frequently at night to pee (tirz and Reta both are like diuretics for me). So I feel my fatigue is related to those things. Wish I could tell you that it provides lots of energy but it doesn’t for me. Every research subject is different and responds differently to these various peptides. Just have to experiment, albeit safely, to find what works for you.

Also curious about tesofensine. It's a triple reuptake inhibitor being studied for depression.
it should have some anti-depressant effects
But I'm wondering if, like most SSRI's, it:

1. Takes time to work ..
im sure it will
2. Is somewhat addicting in that going off it results in nasty withdrawal symptoms...
not nasty, similar to SSRI
3. Has the potential to cause suicidal thoughts, like SSRI's ..
its triple re-uptake inhibitor, in theory it should make you fell more good and stimulated
4. Interacts with other depression/anxiety meds...
100% it will interact!!! carefull!!! myself taking mirtazapine and worried it can cause serotonin syndrome, however specifically with mirtazapine the risk is low, with SSRI it's very risky I would say from my (non-professional) knowledge
And 100 other questions based on answers to those questions...

Would love to discuss this in detail with others who use/have used it, and perhaps have depression/anxiety issues.
I would be worried about cardio risks ...

interesting new drug anyway, looking fw for more studies and user experiences

No withdrawals. I took antidepressants 20 years ago and I don’t remember which ones and any withdrawals,
everyone is different, but in general SSRI withdrawals should be nothing compared to some other drugs, you are lucky you don't feel any withdrawal at all! I usually feel "electric shocks" for a few days

Maybe it’s because of my low dose…not sure.
most people I know who tapper down feel almost nothing, abrupt discontinuation of normal/high dose after long term (1 year+) is still usually mild and resolves within a few days
some people who stop abruptly feel uncomfortable but its still nothing compared to for example nicotine

most people I know who tapper down feel almost nothing, abrupt discontinuation of normal/high dose after long term (1 year+) is still usually mild and resolves within a few days
some people who stop abruptly feel uncomfortable but its still nothing compared to for example nicotine
Not for me... Withdrawal from SSRI meds made me suicidal, sick, head spinning, insomnia, irritable, miserable... Never experienced anything worse! Didn't matter if I tapered off or just stopped. Stopping was better because tapering off made it last longer. I'll take narcotic withdrawal over SSRI withdrawal any day. Been through both. Narcotic withdrawal lasts 3-5 days and can be treated with other meds, SSRI withdrawal lasts 3-4 weeks, nothing helped, and I just wanted to put a gun to my head. After going through that about a dozen times, I gave up and just suffered through the depression. I was terrified to take mirtazapine but I couldn't sleep and was a zombie, so I gave in and tried it. Glad I did because it turned me into a different person. I don't know what I'll do if it ever stops working.

better because tapering off made it last longer. I'll take narcotic withdrawal over SSRI withdrawal any day. Been through both. Narcotic withdrawal lasts 3-5 days and can be treated with other meds, SSRI withdrawal lasts 3-4 weeks, nothing helped, and I just wanted to put a gun to my head. After going through that about a
too bad, opioid withdrawals, from what I heard (not personal experience) is a hell!
so I can't imagine how it made you feel for 3 weeks
I had only bad withdrawal from benzos. 2 times... and it is really bad

dozen times, I gave up and just suffered through the depression. I was terrified to take mirtazapine but I couldn't sleep and was a zombie, so I gave in and tried it. Glad I did because it turned me into a different person. I don't know what I'll do if it ever stops working.
I take mirtazapine mostly as a "sleeping pill" and it still works for me fine after 3 years+ continual use
edit: miss out the part it helps you

Not for me... Withdrawal from SSRI meds made me suicidal, sick, head spinning, insomnia, irritable, miserable... Never experienced anything worse! Didn't matter if I tapered off or just stopped. Stopping was better because tapering off made it last longer. I'll take narcotic withdrawal over SSRI withdrawal any day. Been through both. Narcotic withdrawal lasts 3-5 days and can be treated with other meds, SSRI withdrawal lasts 3-4 weeks, nothing helped, and I just wanted to put a gun to my head. After going through that about a dozen times, I gave up and just suffered through the depression. I was terrified to take mirtazapine but I couldn't sleep and was a zombie, so I gave in and tried it. Glad I did because it turned me into a different person. I don't know what I'll do if it ever stops working.
Gosh, I’m so sorry you went through that. Glad you found something that works for you.

I hear you! My weight gain is from SSRI too.
Never put a gun to my head, didn't have the energy. Just laid there wishing I was dead. I f*ck'n hated my doctor for prescribing me on that without proper monitor. I feel like I lost 10+ years of my life. I was too young then and just took whatever I was prescribed. I have many many problems to this day.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back