The FDA sees us...

Reaction score
FDA’s Concerns with Unapproved GLP-1 Drugs Used for Weight Loss

Most relevant quotes:

"FDA is aware that some patients and health care professionals may look to unapproved versions of GLP-1 (glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists) drugs, including semaglutide and tirzepatide, as an option for weight loss. This can be risky for patients, as unapproved versions do not undergo FDA’s review for safety, effectiveness and quality before they are marketed."

"Retatrutide cannot be used in compounding
Retatrutide cannot be used in compounding under federal law. Additionally, it is not a component of an FDA-approved drug and has not been found safe and effective for any condition."

"Illegally marketed versions of these drugs
Counterfeit Ozempic
FDA is aware of counterfeit Ozempic marketed in the U.S. Counterfeit drugs claim to be authentic, but could contain the wrong ingredients, contain too little, too much or no active ingredient at all or other harmful ingredients, and are illegal."

"The agency investigates reports of suspected counterfeit drugs to determine the public health risks and the appropriate regulatory response. FDA remains vigilant in protecting the U.S. drug supply from these threats.

Illegal online sales of these drugs
FDA monitors the internet for fraudulent or unapproved drugs and has issued warning letters to stop the distribution of illegally marketed semaglutide and tirzepatide. These illegally marketed drugs:

may be counterfeit
could contain the wrong ingredients or harmful ingredients
could contain too little, too much or no active ingredient at all
The agency urges consumers to be vigilant when purchasing drugs online and only purchase from state-licensed pharmacies.

Versions sold falsely for research purposes or not for human consumption

FDA has warned companies that have illegally sold unapproved drugs containing semaglutide, tirzepatide or retatrutide that are falsely labeled “for research purposes” or “not for human consumption.” These products have been sold directly to consumers for human use with dosing instructions. The agency urges consumers not to purchase these products which are of unknown quality and may be harmful to their health."

Last edited:
They're Karens. They send strongly worded letters to the management.

Then they publish the letter as a press release I think...

Luckily they have no authority in China. But expect to see more domestic vendors shuttering their storefronts in the near future

Yeah, tick tock. Nothing like a good game of whack-a-mole.

They're Karens. They send strongly worded letters to the management.

Then they publish the letter as a press release I think...

Yeah, tick tock. Nothing like a good game of whack-a-mole.
Lol I'm getting a kick out of these. I'll bet the recipients of this one complied within 15 days..

@noteablequotable

I'd be more worried if I were reselling these to people thinking that "not for human consumption" on the label somehow eliminates any risk.

You can't label it "not for human consumption" and talk about dosing, techniques, reconstitution, and administration of these products in the same breath without assuming risk and liability.

I've met a few people that like to resell these to others already reconned and ready for use. I'm sure in some kit form that includes syringes, prep pads, and dosing information.

Just know that all it takes is someone to read that letter from the FDA and report you for your world to change. This might put you at risk of losing your primary source of income as well if you are a licensed medical professional doing this shit on the side.

My recommendation is keep it limited to personal use. Profiting from these and selling to friends/family/etc isn't going to retire you like a crypto millionaire. But it could sure bankrupt you.

Totally agree. I have a friend I would love to say something to about the whole peptide/glp-1 world but her husband is more than a little on the obsessive, talkative side. I could see him getting deep into it and spreading it all over with my name splashed in there for good measure. Really don't want the attention drawn to myself

@noteablequotable

I'd be more worried if I were reselling these to people thinking that "not for human consumption" on the label somehow eliminates any risk.

You can't label it "not for human consumption" and talk about dosing, techniques, reconstitution, and administration of these products in the same breath without assuming risk and liability.

I've met a few people that like to resell these to others already reconned and ready for use. I'm sure in some kit form that includes syringes, prep pads, and dosing information.

Just know that all it takes is someone to read that letter from the FDA and report you for your world to change. This might put you at risk of losing your primary source of income as well if you are a licensed medical professional doing this shit on the side.

My recommendation is keep it limited to personal use. Profiting from these and selling to friends/family/etc isn't going to retire you like a crypto millionaire. But it could sure bankrupt you.
Well I mean if you sell to people for like 1/4 the price they should normally pay and these people report you, they really shouldn't friend or family.

That would be a really stupid move for them and total disrespect to you.

I do it here in Canada, but it's only for family and if ever they report me to Health Canada I'm never talking to them anymore for sure

Back