To Stack or Not to Stack? That is the question... Tirz + Reta?

tangoecho311

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently on tirz. Considering stacking reta or AOD. Pros and cons? Is there a stack that works better? I do like the idea of reta so I wouldn't have to inject every single day. But the jabs don't bother me that badly. I'm currently on 6mg tirz weekly. But I get awful nausea. (I'm very prone to nausea anyway. My husband jokes that I can get motion sick sitting at the dinner table). I'm hesitant to up my tirz but I'm at a stall. I've read that reta has fewer side effects. I have also been considering splitting my dose as the food noise comes back on day 5ish. Even on low dose tirz (3mg) I had zero food noise until day 5. Considering doing 3mg every 4 days? Wanted to consult the masses here.
If you added reta to your tirz, what was your offset? Was your progress more significant after adding reta?

Not sure if you want to try it, but I starting splitting my weekly tirz when I was at 10mg (now at 12.5mg for last two weeks), and that helped me with having more consistent appetite suppression and food noise for the entire week. I would take half my weekly dose every 3.5 days. Taking the smaller doses twice a week may also help with the nausea.

Edited to add: Just to add about weight loss stalls. I realize everyone feels differently about this, and it's common to feel like something is wrong when you don't lose any weight for a couple of weeks after being on a GLP-1 due to the initial rapid and consistent weight loss. However, weight loss plateaus are common when losing weight by any method. I don't really consider myself to be in a stall unless I've had zero loss (or maybe even a slight gain) over 4-6 weeks. I also check my sleep habits, water intake, caloric intake, exercise changes (adding weights?), stress levels, etc. All of which can contribute to my weight loss plauteau. Also realizing that only 1-2 lbs of weight loss per week is normal and healthy. If I've lost even 4 lbs in a month, I don't feel that I'm in a plateau because that's 1 lb/week, which is normal.

Last edited:
I'm currently on tirz. Considering stacking reta or AOD. Pros and cons? Is there a stack that works better? I do like the idea of reta so I wouldn't have to inject every single day... I 'm currently on 6mg tirz weekly. But I get awful nausea... I'm hesitant to up my tirz but I'm at a stall. I've read that reta has fewer side effects.
I have also been considering splitting my dose as the food noise comes back on day 5ish. Even on low dose tirz (3mg) I had zero food noise until day 5. Considering doing 3mg every 4 days?
For me stacking 2.5mg Retatrutide mid-week atop 7.5-20mg Tirzepatide was inefficient.

It quickly became apparent that the RETA was doing all the heavy lifting. I migrated entirely to RETA for its somewhat better appetite suppression and noticeably reduced side effects vs Tirzepatide, constipation being my primary one.

If your issue is food noise and appetite suppression you might consider stacking a low-dose of Cagritintide mid-week offset from your 6mg Tirzepatide dose. It astonished me when I added it to my high-dosage Reta routine!

Unlike the three better known GLP1s, Cagrilintide works powerfully well for me at the initial low dose of 0.300mg. Every other weight loss peptide I've used has eventually required the highest dosages to quell my appetite/food noise - Cagri very much exceeds Tirz OR Reta in this respect. It is equal to Semaglutide for appetite suppression but without side effects at this low dosage.

Cagri has the added benefit of staying effective much longer than the other peptides. I've experienced reduced appetite more than 10 days after injecting Cagri. This may point to my appetite issue being caused primarily by my amylin and calcitonin receptors - the target of Cagrilintide's actions - instead of those targeted by the three GLP1s. Its benefits may not be so dramatic for others 🤷‍♂️

As always Tango, this result may only be true for me, YMMY.

Last edited:
For me stacking 2.5mg Retatrutide mid-week atop 7.5-20mg Tirzepatide was inefficient.

Cagri has the added benefit of staying effective much longer-lived than the other peptides.
I think I'm going source a couple singles of cagri and reta and see what happens! I don't want to get a whole kit of cagri since a 5mg kit would be 166 doses at 300mcg 😅

As always, I appreciate your insight! Your willingness to help us newbies out isn't taken for granted.

I think I'm going source a couple singles of cagri and reta and see what happens! I don't want to get a whole kit of cagri since a 5mg kit would be 166 doses at 300mcg 😅

As always, I appreciate your insight! Your willingness to help us newbies out isn't taken for granted.
I've tried migrating from tirz to reta, then tried cagri solo to give myself a reset from the various glp1 agonists, then back to tirz, then stacked tirz + reta.

I know this is a lot of hopping around, but I found reta alone was messing with my blood glucose and giving me hypoglycemic events at night, plus 'spikier' blood sugar during the day. (I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic, so in my normal, no-peptide state my blood glucose is good and stable). I have heard similar reports from others, so i wanted to experiment with a stack with tirz+reta to see if that would mitigate the glucose issues while still giving me the upregulation in metabolism. Week 1, it seemed to work well; week 2, does not seem to be working so well, which i assume is because reta is now stacking up in my system. I was also quite nauseous in week 1 of the stack, but it's hard to tell if that was from 2 different peps, or because the combination pushed my dose higher than it's been.

I'm likely headed back to tirz + cagri. Fortunately i did the same as you and ordered only a couple of each. Do report back on how they each (or each stack) works for you!

While I didn’t experience nausea on Tirz until the higher doses, it is usually encouraged to get up to max dosage before stacking. Perhaps trying a slightly higher dose than your current 6 mg split into 2 doses, or stay at 6 mg but inject every 5-6 days.

But if your nausea gets unbearable, you might just switch to Reta. I did stack the two but only to transition, as I started Reta at 1 mg.

But if your nausea gets unbearable...
Parroting off this, getting a prescription nausea med is also an option. I've always had on and off nausea problems most of my life so I always have Zofran on hand. I havent hit higher doses yet but I'm pretty sure I'll get nausea once I do because if nausea is a side effect of anything, I'll get it 80% of the time

If you check the way they work, it is more cost effective to stack Sema with Reta. Tirz is one step above sema in the metabolism part, but a step below in the appetite suppression aspect. Reta is a step ahead of Tirz. If you take Reta you don't really need Tirz (bro-ish science). Just add sema to balance Reta's weak appetite suppression

If you check the way they work, it is more cost effective to stack Sema with Reta. Tirz is one step above sema in the metabolism part, but a step below in the appetite suppression aspect. Reta is a step ahead of Tirz. If you take Reta you don't really need Tirz (bro-ish science). Just add sema to balance Reta's weak appetite suppression
Sema did absolutely nothing for me. I could eat and drink to my heart's content and feel absolutely nothing at the max dose. I think maybe once I felt a bit of heartburn but it could have been my imagination. I absolutely cannot do that stacking tirz + reta.

Sema did absolutely nothing for me. I could eat and drink to my heart's content and feel absolutely nothing at the max dose. I think maybe once I felt a bit of heartburn but it could have been my imagination. I absolutely cannot do that stacking tirz + reta.
Maybe you just don't respond well to sema. Most people have the worst GI sides on Sema.

While I didn’t experience nausea on Tirz until the higher doses, it is usually encouraged to get up to max dosage before stacking. Perhaps trying a slightly higher dose than your current 6 mg split into 2 doses, or stay at 6 mg but inject every 5-6 days.

But if your nausea gets unbearable, you might just switch to Reta. I did stack the two but only to transition, as I started Reta at 1 mg.
curious how you felt on the stack while transitioning, versus just reta alone?

curious how you felt on the stack while transitioning, versus just reta alone?
I was on my second round of Tirz (first round I went up to 15 mg) and never was a huge responder to it. So I was only on 5 mg when I received my Reta. So I stacked the 5 mg of Tirz for 2.5 months while I introduced 1 mg of Reta, getting to 5 mg when I discontinued the Tirz. I felt fine the entire time while transitioning. I rarely have nausea on Reta. Glad it still provides the anti-inflammatory properties that Tirz gave me. I normally take Tesofensine as well but on a short break at the moment.

RS was having no real response to Tirz titrating up to 5 mg, but added 2.5 Reta and immediately had very nice app suppression and no food noise. It’s tough to find food that “sounds good” to eat though.

I'm now on 1.5mg tirz+100mcg cagri weekly and far prefer it to anything that includes reta. I tried twice and it's just not for me.

Trending content

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SetSetSet
Back