UV-C LED Disinfectant (not a sterilizer)

I would be careful with that as it might not be sufficient to fully sterilize pen cartridges to standards required for storing medicine. The UVPLUS box is likely to disinfect the cartridge, but not sterilize it.

Most likely it would be fine, but I wouldn't bet on it - and that's coming from someone reconstituting with sterile water ;)

Parroting off what Bacchus said.

In order: Sanitize > Disinfect > Sterilize

Disinfection gets you most of the way there, but sterilization gets you 100% free of things like bacterial spores.

UV sterilization is limited to where the light can reach. Is there any sort of ridge or recessed area on the cartridge that may not be penetrated by the light, possibly on the stopper? That's another consideration to take.

@PopTart
Edit: Saw your edit as i was about to hit POST. I am going ahead and posting this just for the additional wavelength information for anyone reading the post later

I read on the OTHER website that they recommend getting a machine using uv light between 254 to 260 nm. It also says that the cartridges you buy must be made from borosilicate glass (not regular glass) in order for the UVC light to pass through.
This unit says it is 275nm which is near the top of the range for UVC (200 to 280 nm) sterilization.
Used with sterilization cards like @moonpies4misfits recommended we would at least know if it is working...at least where the light is reaching.

Last edited:
I’m not reusing the cartridges. Main reason I bought the unit is for redundancy to treat products purchased as “sterilized” when they are coming from an unknown manufacturer.
Very sensible :) My apologies for making assumptions

Back