Vendor "Whatsapp" chat screenshots/reviews

brentm

Reaction score
My spidey senses go up when I see screenshots from what I would assume to be multiple different customers that all contain the same errors.

I'm not saying anything about the vendor product quality. That's not what this is about. It's just that when I see a pattern of errors that are identical from what you would assume would be different people and their reviews/compliments of the product quality. It makes me not want to buy from them.

Now I know that I should take vendor supplied lab reports and other information with a grain of salt. And I do. It just feels disingenuine to me and has the opposite effect of what the vendors intentions were when they posted them.

I've seen these chat screenshots with identical errors on this site, but also others (Alibaba).

Just my .02. Don't flame me bro.

No Flames coming from me! ;)

100% agree.
I don't even bother reading them because it ALWAYS strikes me as NOT believable.
Just like when 3 new people who just joined the forum come on here and the only posts they have is how great such and such company is. Telling us we need to rush over and buy from them...

I also love it when companies tell us about their "state of the art" manufacturing processes and it's the same promotional videos that you have seen on 1/2 dozen other sites.😂

If a new vendor starts sharing screenshots that's an immediate red flag for me. I don't give two $#*@! about your unverified whatsapp "customer" praise. Show me the Jano. You shouldn't need to share customer review screenshots to entice people to order with you. And I get the "ick" from them calling me "dear" or "honey"

If a new vendor starts sharing screenshots that's an immediate red flag for me. I don't give two $#*@! about your unverified whatsapp "customer" praise. Show me the Jano. You shouldn't need to share customer review screenshots to entice people to order with you. And I get the "ick" from them calling me "dear" or "honey"

I spent a little time thinking about this.... I'd already assumed that the "glamor shot" avatars were unlikely the actual person behind the account.

My guess is that there may be a stereotype that women are more trustworthy than men. So they call you "dear" or "honey" as a reinforcement of that.

My experience with "return fraud" as a reseller shows an even distribution of this activity with both men and women.

Trending content

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SetSetSet
Back