BAC water test

Reaction score
After finally receiving a vial of the Hospira BAC water, I decided to put my current BAC waters (along with a few others) to a pH test. I ordered the pH strips, and off I went. For these, I tested 3 BAC waters I had, along with distilled water, filtered water, and my tap water as a bonus. For non-BAC waters, a clean plastic cup was filled halfway with the water, the strip dunked in for a few seconds, and removed. For the BAC waters, I removed 1 mL of BAC water using a new insulin syringe from a vial of the BAC water, held a strip over a plastic cup, and squirted the BAC water onto the strip. I've included the pH reference that was provided with the test strips.

Guide:
1 - Distilled water
2 - Filtered water
3 - Hospira BAC Water
4 - Quality Pure BAC Water
5 - BAC Water received from overseas supplier
6 - my tap water

The lighting is not as good in the photo posted as I had hoped, but from my live test, these are estimations on my part from what pH the strips indicated:

1 tested right around 7.0, as expected (I used this as the control, in effect).
2 was very close to 7.0 as well.
3 and 4 are around 5.5-6.0.
5 is around 8.0.
6 is around 9.0.

BAC water trials.jpg

I wouldn't recommend it, it isn't ideal. I used the overseas vial at least a dozen times before testing the pH, but I had worse reactions than I had with the other two BAC waters, which is what led to me testing them. That said, I seem to just be someone who has injection site reactions for subcutaneous injections almost no matter what, as both the Hospira and Quality Pure waters are causing ISRs. But, the overseas vial was definitely worse for ISRs, both in duration and significance of reactions. It was also less responsive to my attempts to reduce ISR. For Hospira/Quality Pure, icing the injection site with some frequency for the following few days is reducing my ISRs to tolerable.

Does that mean the over seas vial is too alkaline to use?
It isn't just injection-site reactions either; peptides are generally acidic and are buffered during freeze-drying. (Fun fact, humans are a bit acidic too). Anything too alkaline may denature the proteins that peptides are made up of.

Great info, thank you!

I'm struggling to find good bac water. The place I intend to order peptides from is currently out and can't give me an ETA on when it will come in.

Since you seem to be well informed about bac water, I thought I'd check if you happen to know of a reliable source of quality water in the US?

TIA!!

Oh Fourth!, I love the nerdfest Bacwater testing project!
My takeaway from your post is that Hospira and Quality Pure
bacwater would be your preferred vendors, correct?

I found a source for Hospira, it's $17 for a 30ml, but that's better than having none at all, lol

If I don't find a better deal in the next day or 2, I'm going to order.

I found a source for Hospira, it's $17 for a 30ml, but that's better than having none at all, lol

If I don't find a better deal in the next day or 2, I'm going to order.
Skye peptides sells Hospira 30ml for $12. I have had no issues with the BAC. IMO. They are a great domestic source with very reasonable prices.

Pro tip: DO NOT USE/BUY QUALITYPURE "RECONSTITUTION SOLUTION"!!!!

Yeah if one can get their hands on legit Hospira, do it. Seems pretty solidly the best way to go IMO. The QualityPure I had was a freebie with an Arctic order sometime last year, I've only purchased Hospira and the one time from overseas supplier. Never touched anything that was reconstitution solution from Amazon or anything like that. The Quality Pure was that reconstitution solution from what I recall, but I don't have the bottle anymore and don't think I took a photo of it. I've had fewer issues with Hospira.

Unfortunately the last place I purchased from stopped selling them! I'm on the lookout for a new vendor as well, as I will probably need some new BAC water within 3-6 months. Also looking at getting some sterile water for injection if I can find a decent source. I currently have a group of vials to go through that will end up being single doses, and I'd like to see if my ISRs are less with that instead of BAC water.

I got these off Amazon, before I knew about Hospira (will get Hospira next time, I just didn’t know). This Amazon one has worked well so far for me. Should I use the second bottle for my next reconstitution? Anyone heard of this company? Someone pH tested in reviews and it looked good but not sure what others’ thoughts are?
IMG_3999.jpeg

I got these off Amazon, before I knew about Hospira (will get Hospira next time, I just didn’t know). This Amazon one has worked well so far for me. Should I use the second bottle for my next reconstitution? Anyone heard of this company? Someone pH tested in reviews and it looked good but not sure what others’ thoughts are? View attachment 529
They sell peptides too, just not on Amazon. I'm not familiar and don't remember if I saw that brand when reading reviews, but every bac water I looked at on Amazon had reviews that said.. broken vials, tops popped off, itching, burning, rash... So I wrote off Amazon as a source.
I searched for bac water, not reconstitution solution, so I may not have even seen that.

They sell peptides too, just not on Amazon. I'm not familiar and don't remember if I saw that brand when reading reviews, but every bac water I looked at on Amazon had reviews that said.. broken vials, tops popped off, itching, burning, rash... So I wrote off Amazon as a source.
I searched for bac water, not reconstitution solution, so I may not have even seen that.
Yeah, thankfully this one hasn’t caused any issues up to this point but will start ordering Hospira. Also oddly enough these are what come up when typing bac water haha

After finally receiving a vial of the Hospira BAC water, I decided to put my current BAC waters (along with a few others) to a pH test. I ordered the pH strips, and off I went. For these, I tested 3 BAC waters I had, along with distilled water, filtered water, and my tap water as a bonus. For non-BAC waters, a clean plastic cup was filled halfway with the water, the strip dunked in for a few seconds, and removed. For the BAC waters, I removed 1 mL of BAC water using a new insulin syringe from a vial of the BAC water, held a strip over a plastic cup, and squirted the BAC water onto the strip. I've included the pH reference that was provided with the test strips.

Guide:
1 - Distilled water
2 - Filtered water
3 - Hospira BAC Water
6 - my tap water

The lighting is not as good in the photo posted as I had hoped, but from my live test, these are estimations on my part from what pH the strips indicated:

5 is around 8.0.
6 is around 9.0.

View attachment 81
Permission to post this in a FB group?

Pro tip: DO NOT USE/BUY QUALITYPURE "RECONSTITUTION SOLUTION"!!!!

View attachment 528
Oh dang. I have been using this with the same lot number. I bought from Amazon and tried to see go back and see reviews and it is not available anymore. I have not seen anything on discord about this. I did test the pH because when I blended epithalon and thymulin it was very painful and the pH strip was 1. So tossed that but the bac water was 7 pH and my other blends were a 5-6. I have so many reconstituted. Is this guy going to share the test or the bacteria found?

Found a Hospira Bac water source that doesn't require a script or the purchase of peptides... Not exactly cheap, but it's a source... $17 for 30ml, plus shipping. They have bulk pricing, but it's only like 5% discount.

And based on the website name, I'm not sure how much easier it could have been, but took me a while to find it, for some reason.

bacteriostaticwater.com

Guide:
1 - Distilled water
2 - Filtered water
3 - Hospira BAC Water
6 - my tap water

5 is around 8.0.
6 is around 9.0.

View attachment 81

GREAT Article @FourthQuintile !

I hope you don't mind that I shared it on Reddit /r/FreeSpeechSemaglutide:

Back