Blood and other tests when starting out with Tirz?

guernica

New_Member
Reaction score
Tests you suggest/recommend/advise for monitoring health/progress for a first-time, non-diabetic male user of Tirz or any GLP medication? Both before and during, maybe every 6 months.

I know the answer is probably "full blood panel" but which things specifically? Thanks!

Last edited:
I had a full blood panel done during an annual wellness check. The doctor said "lose weight". He even offered to prescribe GLP1 meds but agreed that the price is too high. I am following his advice via a different, more affordable supplier. My plan is to keep a log of weight, blood pressure and morning glucose level along with my weekly dose of tirz. I have all of the supplies needed and will begin after I return home from travel.

I had a full blood panel done during an annual wellness check. The doctor said "lose weight". He even offered to prescribe GLP1 meds but agreed that the price is too high. I am following his advice via a different, more affordable supplier. My plan is to keep a log of weight, blood pressure and morning glucose level along with my weekly dose of tirz. I have all of the supplies needed and will begin after I return home from travel.
I had a physical in June with what I guess is a full blood panel. My Dr. also said "lose weight" (again). She started me on Mounjaro on 7/31 and then I moved to compound and at the same time began building my pep empire (in my freezer).

I have an appointment next week to get my bloodwork checked again. I am hoping my cholesterol is down so I can get off of my nightly statin.

It would be great to know if there are specific tests I should request.

Tests you suggest/recommend/advise for monitoring health/progress for a first-time, non-diabetic male user of Tirz or any GLP medication? Both before and during, maybe every 6 months.

I know the answer is probably "full blood panel" but which things specifically? Thanks!
In addition to the basics I would ask for and A1C and cholesterol panel. People don't become diabetic overnight and then one day their doctor announces they are pre-diabetic. Fasting blood sugar isn't good enough because it only represents what you were on that day. A1C represents your average blood sugar for the last 3 months. I had to argue to get one done when I turned 50 even though I was a poster child for metabolic syndrome...the doc said she would only do it if my fasting blood sugar was elevated. If you have any issues with fatigue ask to have a thyroid panel.

I think a regular screening will include cholesterol and blood sugar, which were the biggest changes for me so far.
At my physical last year, I was pre-diabetic, high cholesterol and boarderline high blood pressure. I only started tirz in July, and this years physical I am no longer pre-diabetic, my cholesterol was down like 20 points and my blood pressure is better.. that was a huge change to see in 3 months time it was really cool to see the health impact in the numbers!

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Precious_deathray
Back