Combining GLP-1 medication with behavior modification

Thank you all for sharing your weight loss journey. I am learning a lot about Tirz and how it works.

I started this medication last Friday ( 2.5mg ). Prior to this I tried a program called Wondr health. It is comprised of behavioral modification and understanding why a person eats what and when they do with the goal of developing self awareness and self discipline around food and eating.

I did not have the self discipline to follow this Wondr health program.

Now that I am using Tirz I plan to give the behavioral modification a try again. I hope to develop better discipline.

What are your thoughts about behavior modification type diets combined with GLP-1.
I think giving a behavior mod program another go if you are feeling it is a great idea. Personally, tirz helps me to stick to behavior modification in general and make it a lot easier to do so. I still feel hunger, but less likely to immediately eat before pausing to note if this is a physical or emotional need or something else. Easier to stick to macros, and sometimes easier to eat for nutrition over craving bc I don't want to eat anything anyway.

I think giving a behavior mod program another go if you are feeling it is a great idea. Personally, tirz helps me to stick to behavior modification in general and make it a lot easier to do so. I still feel hunger, but less likely to immediately eat before pausing to note if this is a physical or emotional need or something else. Easier to stick to macros, and sometimes easier to eat for nutrition over craving bc I don't want to eat anything anyway.
Thanks. I have decided to spend much more time learning about my triggers for overeating. Today was my second dose of Tirz. And so far so good. I am putting more effort into paying attention to getting enough protein this week.

Thanks. I have decided to spend much more time learning about my triggers for overeating. Today was my second dose of Tirz. And so far so good. I am putting more effort into paying attention to getting enough protein this week.
That's been my approach...focus on ADDING things one at a time, less restricting. Definitely feels like it progresses more organically!

I read the title of this thread and my mind immediately thought the Chinese government was adding mind altering chemicals to these peptides, subsidizing them, and selling it to Americans at a discount. I need to watch less movies.

I read the title of this thread and my mind immediately thought the Chinese government was adding mind altering chemicals to these peptides, subsidizing them, and selling it to Americans at a discount. I need to watch less movies.
Hysterical and a plot for a movie!

Listen to Gravy folks he knows what he is talking about!

Gravy is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

( from the movie “The Manturian Candidate” )

Last edited:
I think for me, being on a GLP1 has made me realize I always had the capability of being self-disciplined, I just needed a little push to get me there. Now when I think about the reasons I used to binge eat or binge drink, I'm finding healthier ways to deal with them (whether it's stress or boredom) so it's kinda been medication and (self) therapy all in one.
This is how I feel. I have always known what I needed to do but it seemed like I was always fighting myself upon trying to implement it. Eat a nice salad? Yeah that was nice and all but wouldn't it be great to chase it with a cheeseburger? Says my brain to me. I kind of hate that all it took was this medicine to completely shut up the constant voice pushing me to fail in all of my good choices regarding food.

But that's fine. The cure is here and I have never felt more in control and happy about the choices that I am making regarding food and lifestyle changes. Greasy food no longer appeals to me but a fresh baked chicken does. Sugar is almost completely gone from my diet and I don't miss it. It's getting to the point that I miss healthy food when it isn't an option. As an example, I am currently dealing with the aftermath of a hurricane and the mre food is really getting to me. Before I would have been plenty happy to have "instant" mac and cheese with "instant" chicken flavored noodle soup but all I can think about is how much I miss my Sauerkraut casserole that I made and can't reheat :cry:

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back