Cons to vendor-led GB volunteer testing?

Dame Itbobby

Registered
Reaction score
Are there any drawbacks to volunteering one of your vials for vendor-led GB testing? All I can think of are pros, except I’m down one vial, which I’d happily do for the peace of mind a free test will provide.
I participated in QSC’s tirz 30 GB with volunteer testing included, and have joined their peptides chat to try to get one of my vials as tested product when/if they recruit for the GB test.
For context, this is my first CN peptide purchase. From reading this and other forums, I understand there are risks with this vendor’s customer service if something goes awry.

Do the results go to the vendor? Just realized I assumed they would go directly to the people providing product.
The main issue, is that the vendor is sending the samples in a vendor GB - and the vendor as the one who orders the test, is the one who receives it and gets it under their account and name.

So the issue with a vendor led GB, is that you have to trust them to be honest - Since it would be very easy to manipulate the results (I am not saying this is happening - but there is nothing stopping the vendor from sending samples from one batch, and sending you another batch).

In a perfect scenario - You would first receive the products, then send your sample to the lab after you received your shipment. That way the vendor would not even have the option to do some funky business.

So I would say donating a vial is pointless - you might as well trust their 2nd party COA ;)

The main issue, is that the vendor is sending the samples in a vendor GB - and the vendor as the one who orders the test, is the one who receives it and gets it under their account and name.

So the issue with a vendor led GB, is that you have to trust them to be honest - Since it would be very easy to manipulate the results (I am not saying this is happening - but there is nothing stopping the vendor from sending samples from one batch, and sending you another batch).

In a perfect scenario - You would first receive the products, then send your sample to the lab after you received your shipment. That way the vendor would not even have the option to do some funky business.

So I would say donating a vial is pointless - you might as well trust their 2nd party COA ;)
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I’ll check if it’s a situation where I mail it back to the vendor first or directly to the lab. Agree, mailing it back to the vendor makes it useless vs just relying on their COAs. My impression was I’d be sending directly to the lab from the product I get in hand.

QSC pays for the tests, but volunteers send their vials to a volunteer hub, who then sends the vials in to Jano. QSC is not sending vials direct, they do that before they offer product for sale, and yes those results are ones we should be skeptical of, which is why the group buy gets random volunteer vials. The only point where potential malfeasance could occur would be if QSC sent vials to the hub and had them substitute their vials for the volunteer vials. That seems really unlikely to me. I also doubt Jano is going to BS results for QSC, they have had bad tests in the past and I'm sure they will in the future.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I’ll check if it’s a situation where I mail it back to the vendor first or directly to the lab. Agree, mailing it back to the vendor makes it useless vs just relying on their COAs. My impression was I’d be sending directly to the lab from the product I get in hand.
I might have misunderstood. I figured the vendor would pick one vial out of your order before mailing it to you.

If you are mailing your sample directly to the lab, it's pretty safe. I'd actually prefer donating in that case - so even if it's a dishonest vendor, he would send you a solid kit if he knows it's getting tested xD

See my response above. You send to a hub in the states, who ships off the volunteer vials to Jano on QSCs dime. Edit: the drawback of volunteering a vial for QSC is that you're out a vial. And if the tests are below minimum purity, QSC ships new kits to everyone in the group buy, and everyone gets to keep the old kits. So you're still out your sacrificial vial and everyone else is getting loads of free product. This system is why QSC is having a tough time getting testing volunteers and has to beg for people to send in vials. They would be a lot more successful if they reimbursed for the sacrificial vial.

QSC pays for the tests, but volunteers send their vials to a volunteer hub, who then sends the vials in to Jano. QSC is not sending vials direct, they do that before they offer product for sale, and yes those results are ones we should be skeptical of, which is why the group buy gets random volunteer vials. The only point where potential malfeasance could occur would be if QSC sent vials to the hub and had them substitute their vials for the volunteer vials. That seems really unlikely to me. I also doubt Jano is going to BS results for QSC, they have had bad tests in the past and I'm sure they will in the future.
Thanks! I appreciate this!

Jano fudging results? No chance imo, if you believe they do - You don't understand the position they have built up over the years
I do. Like @exploitedworkerbee stated, drama from over a decade ago. I trust Jano. In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have brought it up though, but I think Jano's long term record and growth speaks for itself

Back