Doctor/prescription

reederrabbit

Reaction score
I'm in the US and have insurance through my employer.

I'm taking compounded tirzepatide with a prescription, and my PCP knows it and encourages it. It's so damn expensive. I'm thinking about buying from Tydes instead. Would I need to tell my doctor I stopped taking it, since I would no longer have a prescription for it? This makes me nervous for medical records/insurance/etc. I'd like to just say I'm still taking it so that my doctor knows, but I assume I probably shouldn't.

I'd like to just say I'm still taking it so that my doctor knows, but I assume I probably shouldn't.
My doc doesn’t know I’m taking it but I do plan to tell them on my next visit so that my medical records are current.

I hope someone answers you, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I emailed (tried to) Tydes 2 days ago using the email address on their website, and my email keeps bouncing back to my Gmail as undeliverable (Google tries a few times to send before it gives up).

I know they're kinda newer, so I'm concerned that their email address isn't working. Has anyone successfully contacted them and can that person share a working email with me? :)

My doc doesn’t know I’m taking it but I do plan to tell them on my next visit so that my medical records are current.
Are you at all worried that now you’ll have something on your medical record that is prescription only but no prescription for it? I’m afraid that’s going to cause my insurance to deny some claim in the future because of that.

Yeah I'm not telling my doctor purely for insurance reasons. If I ever need a surgery I will stop for 2 weeks because of the aspiration risk.

I hope someone answers you, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I emailed (tried to) Tydes 2 days ago using the email address on their website, and my email keeps bouncing back to my Gmail as undeliverable (Google tries a few times to send before it gives up).

I know they're kinda newer, so I'm concerned that their email address isn't working. Has anyone successfully contacted them and can that person share a working email with me? :)
I emailed with them a few days ago, here is the email address. I emailed through their website and got a quick response - info@tydes.is

I have had this problem intermittently with info@tydes.is
This morning I sent another email detailing the problem to them.
If it bounces I'll call them and report it directly.

BTW, Tydes is adjusting their prices DOWNWARD:
Cagrilintide 5mg - $105.00
Retatrutide 10mg - $105.00
Tirzepatide 10mg - $95.00
Semaglutide 5mg - $55.00

Are you at all worried that now you’ll have something on your medical record that is prescription only but no prescription for it? I’m afraid that’s going to cause my insurance to deny some claim in the future because of that.
I have a script for it through my telehealth provider. My doc wasn’t willing to write me a script so I went elsewhere.

Semaglutide 5mg - $55.00
Yes. Those prices, nice to see them going down. I have contacted them a couple times in the last three days and it’s been fine. immediate.o

I have a script for it through my telehealth provider. My doc wasn’t willing to write me a script so I went elsewhere.
So you have a script, and you’re filling it through your telehealth provider? Or you have a script just to have something on record and then you buy peptides?

Semaglutide 5mg - $55.00
Well, I figured out what went wrong in my case, at least. The address listed on the website is info@tydes.is, which is hotlink that if you click it, will open up a new email with that email pre-populated...however, the email that populates is info@tydes.com - I didn't catch that. I have no idea if that is their website's fault or Gmail's, but that is what looks like happened. I will try them again at the correct address, and I thank everyone for your input!

So you have a script, and you’re filling it through your telehealth provider? Or you have a script just to have something on record and then you buy peptides?
Yes to the first question - have 2 vials unopened. I also am waiting on an order to ship from a vendor in CN. So I’ll be telling my doc a half lie. I could change my mind on whether to tell or not as I learn more myself. My brother is a cardiologist and strongly recommended I research tirz so I don’t feel like I’m doing something sneaky.

Semaglutide 5mg - $55.00
Are these for kits? I don’t know of Tydes. Looks like domestic vial prices or really good overseas kit prices.

This price of a kit of 30mg is $2,250.00 on their website. This is $50-100 more a month than you can get it from a real doctor. I'm not sure why anyone would go this route.
(not advocating for them as I'm currently using compounding) but that's $225/month for 7.5mg a week. I'm not sure you can do better than that, price wise. Is it worth it to most people to pay a little extra for Hallandale to do it? Yeah.. but if price is your only concern, this is technically still less expensive than the cheapest 7.5mg dose I could find.

Idk my doc just charts my tirz is coming from an outside provider….. he knows where I buy it

(not advocating for them as I'm currently using compounding) but that's $225/month for 7.5mg a week. I'm not sure you can do better than that, price wise. Is it worth it to most people to pay a little extra for Hallandale to do it? Yeah.. but if price is your only concern, this is technically still less expensive than the cheapest 7.5mg dose I could find.
This price of a kit of 30mg is $2,250.00 on their website. This is $50-100 more a month than you can get it from a real doctor. I'm not sure why anyone would go this route.
Some folks just don’t feel good about going straight to the international route or at all. I have a friend who can’t afford name brand, so she’s gone with a plastic surgeon selling compounded. I’ve intro’d her to the online providers so she can at least save a little off of that, but even that may be too far afield for her. She thinks I’ve lost my entire mind lol 😂

Are these for kits? I don’t know of Tydes. Looks like domestic vial prices or really good overseas kit prices.
Tydes.is is a US startup peptide vendor. They are very much in the mold of Aminos Research - double-tested products with batch COAs linked to every vial etc. Reasonable prices for very high quality products I think.

A single-vial seller as you say @MiniatureSnail, and not intending to compete with the Chinese on price.

See them on my datasheet:

Would I need to tell my doctor I stopped taking it, since I would no longer have a prescription for it? This makes me nervous for medical records/insurance/etc.
I stumbled upon this same topic on a different platform and it has completely changed my mind since my original reply after understanding insurance company practices relative to this. I would definitely not tell my doctor that I was taking medicine for which I did not have a script.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back