Goal Weight and Maintenance

No other scans. I am healthy and take no prescription medications. Never have.
My mother was once a brilliant school teacher, certified and taught gift and talented. Now, unable to make a phone call, and has been in a nursing home for 2 years. Dementia is a terrible disease and I don't want this for myself. If Tirz helps prevent this, I am a customer.

I wonder if a person just keeps losing or if it stops naturally eventually? I'm below my goal weight and next week I am thinking I'll drop down my dosing from 3.6 2x a week to 3 2x a week, from 7.2 to 6. I don't want to lose anymore but I want the food noise to stay away and I want the appetite suppression. Not sure why I felt COMPELLED to stock up on tirz to the degree I have!
I’ve done the same. I’m 7 pounds below my goal, and have about a years worth of Tirz at my losing dose. I’m still watching the sales and group buys!

I’ve done the same. I’m 7 pounds below my goal, and have about a years worth of Tirz at my losing dose. I’m still watching the sales and group buys!
Congrats and I know!! I have a ton of vials in my freezer! People on reddit say how much $ they are saving by taking Monjouro, Zep, compound tirz, they aren't buying groceries as they did, etc., but for me it's been just the opposite! Collagen peptides, electrolytes, protein powders, shakes, vials, testing, syringes, a pen now, vial cases, a thermos instead of the cases, a smart scale, the clothes I can no longer wear, now the glow blend, the pen needles, but at least I'm now using the Ninja blender I only had used twice before when I bought it 3 years ago! Oh, and I forgot -- my brain which apparently is now only good for researching peptides etc!

Last edited:
Surpassed my goal weight by about 7-8 lb and still losing weight (much slower now -- 4-5 lb per month) at 7.5 mg Tirz.
Wife says I need to stop losing weight, but I want to see how far this goes (perhaps lose another 5-8 lb) before I drop down to maintenance dose, which I assume would be 5.0 mg.
Might decide to stop GLP-1 Tirz altogether for a month or two and let the receptors reset, assess my body's response to taking nothing, and see if I need anything at all, or resume at starting dose of 2.5 mg. Don't know yet.
Try Cagrilintude fir the reset

my mother has severe non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, now cirrhosis with dementia
I'm sorry to hear this! My mom has early stages of dementia too. I'm actually trying hard to get her on prescription Ozempic to help with dementia, weight loss, arthritis and general inflammation, but her doctor is not cooperative. She mistrusts GLP-1s and all such "diet drugs."
But I'm way off topic! Best wishes for lots of success in maintenance.

Congrats and I know!! I have a ton of vials in my freezer! People on reddit say how much $ they are saving by taking Monjouro, Zep, compound tirz, they aren't buying groceries as they did, etc., but for me it's been just the opposite! Collagen peptides, electrolytes, protein powders, shakes, vials, testing, syringes, a pen now, vial cases, a thermos instead of the cases, a smart scale, the clothes I can no longer wear, now the glow blend, the pen needles, but at least I'm now using the Ninja blender I only had used twice before when I bought it 3 years ago! Oh, and I forgot -- my brain which apparently is now only good for researching peptides etc!
This is so spot on. I’m in the same boat.😂

but her doctor is not cooperative. She mistrusts GLP-1s and all such "diet drugs."

She needs a new doctor. I know, hard to do, especially if she has been her doctor for many years. But it makes you wonder if her doctor lives under a rock. What other things is she in the dark ages about? Let me guess... statins. But I digress.
I read a study a few years ago that suggested Alzheimer's Disease was potentially contributed to by (among other things) a disorder of glucose metabolism. This was before mainstream medicine (meaning providers/clinicians) were aware of the GLP1 research, or maybe the first of the research was perhaps making the chatter at medical conferences.

I'm sorry to hear this! My mom has early stages of dementia too. I'm actually trying hard to get her on prescription Ozempic to help with dementia, weight loss, arthritis and general inflammation, but her doctor is not cooperative. She mistrusts GLP-1s and all such "diet drugs."
But I'm way off topic! Best wishes for lots of success in maintenance.
I vote for finding another doctor too. It’s not about what she trusts or believes in. The evidence is in and growing for all the life-changing benefits of these medications. The doctor works for the patient and must have a better reason for denying a valid medical treatment than her own ignorance.

I’ve heard the same! And that it might even be called “Type 3” diabetes!
Yes. Heard that too. Sorry about your mom. My mother has end stage dementia and it sucks. Getting my weight, blood sugar, and inflammation under control in hopes of avoiding that terrible disease.

Getting my weight, blood sugar, and inflammation under control in hopes of avoiding that terrible disease.
Same! I’m pretty much a genetic replica of my mom!

But I’m sorry that your mom is struggling so. I feel like I should start a new thread where we talk about how we could use peptides to help our elderly parents!

Same! I’m pretty much a genetic replica of my mom!

But I’m sorry that your mom is struggling so. I feel like I should start a new thread where we talk about how we could use peptides to help our elderly parents!
My mom is in a nursing home, unfortunately. But it was necessary for her safety. Wish I knew about these years ago when maybe it could have made a difference.

Hopefully your mom can benefit since it’s still in the early stages. 🙏🏻

Yes, thanks for the encouragement to keep up the pressure! I hope your mom is safe and comfortable. It's so hard to watch the folks age, isn't it?

but her doctor is not cooperative. She mistrusts GLP-1s and all such "diet drugs."

She needs a new doctor. I know, hard to do, especially if she has been her doctor for many years. But it makes you wonder if her doctor lives under a rock. What other things is she in the dark ages about? Let me guess... statins. But I digress.
I read a study a few years ago that suggested Alzheimer's Disease was potentially contributed to by (among other things) a disorder of glucose metabolism. This was before mainstream medicine (meaning providers/clinicians) were aware of the GLP1 research, or maybe the first of the research was perhaps making the chatter at medical conferences.
Yes, now they are beginning to call Alzheimer’s “Type 3 Diabetes.”

I’m 15-20 lb (fluctuates) below my goal and maintaining on tirz 5 mg a week with boosts of microdoses of sema or cag as needed if I hit that upper range. The weight stopped coming off when it was ready to stop. That’s how I decided maintenance. I stalled and I was normal so I declared I was done. When I hit my first weight loss goal I just blew past it. That’s how I knew I wasn’t done and needed to adjust my goal. My BMI is 22.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nic246
Back