How fragile are peptides?

I know those cases, bought one but returned it because the compound vials are larger. Are those cases for 3ml vials? The same size as the Amo vials? Beautiful and so organized! I love that! Yes my compounded vials are in the fridge of course and my new amo vials are in the freezer. I just haven't decided whether I should put them in thermoses? And yes, I have researched a ton about how to reconstitue, etc but you win!!😁
KC has cases for 3ml, 10ml, 30ml and 100ml, and he'll make custom cases too.

I'm just getting started and just following others.. miles away from being on the leader board, lol

You can get small freezers the size of a mini fridge. I buy in bulk and food stores better/longer in a manual defrost. I have a 5cuft chest freezer in the garage because my 7cuft upright is full. I actually bought the chest freezer to store nicotine concentrate. I vape and make my own juice. There's been some issues and restrictions on nicotine, so I bought a gallon of it.. will last me about 15 years, lol

I have a garden and I go to upick farms in the spring. I have strawberries, peaches, blueberries, corn, peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic, herbs and I buy bulk meat, cut it up, wrap and freeze. It's much cheaper that way and there's nothing like local/home grown produce. I do canning too.. pickles, banana peppers, tomatoes, marinara, salsa, peaches, green beans...

If we had a bad hurricane, I could feed the neighborhood for a week. 2 generators, 3 propane tanks, solar panels. My late dad was a bit of a prepper, so there's enough rice, beans, etc to feed a platoon for a week.
Sounds amazing! And if only, but I live in NYC in an apartment, no room for a freezer even the size of a mini fridge but you know I haven't researched anything in the last 10 minutes so here I go!!

Sounds amazing! And if only, but I live in NYC in an apartment, no room for a freezer even the size of a mini fridge but you know I haven't researched anything in the last 10 minutes so here I go!!
Spent a week in NYC for the hotel/restaurant convention in 1996. Amazing place, but I'm more of a country boy. My hometown was 10k in its prime, currently about 5k residents. Amish horse and buggies kind of thing. Best friend lived on a dairy farm. I'm currently in Charleston SC, but moving back to the country/mountains once my mom is gone.

I'd be homeless in NYC. My disability check wouldn't cover splitting a 200 sqft studio with someone, let alone food and utilities.

I'd just use a thermos in the freezer if I was you!

Well, this thread went off the rails 🤣. So looks like the consensus is they likely aren’t as fragile as reported but a little caution is never a bad thing.
And for storage I have access to a medical freezer at work but don’t want to have to explain why I’m storing mystery powders there. Chest freezer at home will suffice :)

Didn't read the whole thread, but 99% of "peptide fragility" myths have been pushed by shitty vendors trying to deflect blame for bad products by saying the customer mishandled the peptides and that's why they weren't any good. It eventually became urban legend "fact" and people began practicing some pretty stupid dance of the seven veils when handling peptides.

The myth was very common prior to widespread testing, and an easy way for vendors to avoid taking blame for bunk or underdosed products, but now it's not quite as prevalent but still clearly persists in some corners.

That's not to say that peptides shouldn't be handled with care and respect, it's not like we get them for free, but the idea that they are so delicate that looking at them wrong or reconstituting them too fast somehow renders them inert is just plain stupid. There are a very small handful of peptides that are somewhat "delicate" but even that has more to do with inherent degradation profiles or particular storage requirements more than how they're handled.

Janoshik did a test on it with rHGH. He shaked it, reconstituted it and shaked it again and guess what, lab test didn’t show any degredation or loss of quality.

It's a myth. Peptides are very stable.

Janoshik did a test on it with rHGH. He shaked it, reconstituted it and shaked it again and guess what, lab test didn’t show any degredation or loss of quality.

It's a myth. Peptides are very stable.
Yes, and no doubt of it @HB_22 !
However, I didn't want to interrupt as @Broken Chef led all the others DEEP, DEEP, DEEP into his peptide fragility OCD rabbit hole :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yes, and no doubt of it
Lol Read through that again! I was merely visiting their rabbit hole, which went far deeper than mine.

So you are saying the highly acclaimed Cochran.org is not a legit source of information?

Screenshot_20240821-163534-018.png

Lol Read through that again! I was merely visiting their rabbit hole, which went far deeper than mine.

So you are saying the highly acclaimed Cochran.org is not a legit source of information?

View attachment 1380
No, I'm NOT saying the highly acclaimed Cochran.org is not a legit source of information.
I'm saying that they are WRONG, that there is no research evidence which supports their comments for our short-chain amino acids, and that I'm quite confidently going to continue doing reconstitution MY WAY, Chef!

Neener neener neener :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I AM being a bit of a cheeky monkey. HOWEVER, you may turn your well-honed OCD powers to finding actual research that pertains to our use-case with short peptides for a very long time and NOT FIND ANYTHING RELEVANT.

Anecdotal comments like the Cochran bloviating above ABOUND and many, many other armchair pontificators can be found too. Actual documented research? NOPE.
You will find cautions about "cavitation" caused by misuse of "ultrasonic de-aggregators" that are big as houses but absolutely nothing relevant for a 3ml vial and manual agitation.

CHEF, I'll stake my entire non-existent medical reputation on it!
/s

NOTA BENE

I know you realize this Chef but for the sake of everyone else who may be confused - COCHRANE HANDBOOK is an affiliate marketing organization.

Cochrane publish content designed to harvest names and emails of "peptide researchers" which they sell to their peptide-vendor client: Limitless Nooitropics.

Further, they solicit surfers with a Discount to their "Top-rated Vendor". Press the Buy Now Call To Action button and you'll instantly arrive at Limitless's ecommerce page.

And That's All Fine!
But no one should confuse Cochrane Handbook with an actual AUTHORITY on peptides.

Last edited:

View attachment 1380
It is still a myth that has been proven false.

As I said - the nice part about this is that we can all do it however we want... And we are free to debate it to our last breath.

The scary part is that new people come in and believe statements that go against medical professionals...

I read it on the peptide forum, it must be true!

I'll follow my research and everyone else can do whatever they please.

There's plenty of contradicting info in the peptide community... PLENTY!

It is still a myth that has been proven false.

Please qualify yourself as an authority on peptides that goes above professional medical organizations.

Anyone can make a random statement without backing it up.

Please show me this proof.

Please qualify yourself as an authority on peptides that goes above professional medical organizations.

Not sure if it is allowed to post this link here, but I hope so:

Tirzepatide shaking test:
https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/peptides-are-fragile.134417358/

HGH shaking test:
https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/does-shaking-hurt-hgh.134401748/

No changes in quantity, purity or whatsoever. its a myth, made up by peptides sources long time ago to explain their really bad products.

Now, since I backed up my claims why peptides are not fragile, can you please back up your claims as well with more than just something you read on a website with no real proof on it? Thank you.

Im not gonna lie, I believed that too for a long time, but after seeing these tests with my own eyes it just makes sense. Think about reconstituted hgh sold by pharma, or any glp-1 drug, or insulin. Its all sold and transported reconstituted, do you believe pharma would sell it like this when there is a high chance of losing what, maybe 50% of potency until it has finally reached the patient?

Last edited:
No, I'm NOT saying the highly acclaimed Cochran.org is not a legit source of information.
I'm saying that they are WRONG, that there is no research evidence which supports their comments for our short-chain amino acids, and that I'm quite confidently going to continue doing reconstitution MY WAY, Chef!

Neener neener neener :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I AM being a bit of a cheeky monkey. HOWEVER, you may turn your well-honed OCD powers to finding actual research that pertains to our use-case with short peptides for a very long time and NOT FIND ANYTHING RELEVANT.

Anecdotal comments like the Cochran bloviating above ABOUND and many, many other armchair pontificators can be found too. Actual documented research? NOPE.
You will find cautions about "cavitation" caused by misuse of "ultrasonic de-aggregators" that are big as houses but absolutely nothing relevant for a 3ml vial and manual agitation.

CHEF, I'll stake my entire non-existent medical reputation on it!
/s

NOTA BENE

I know you realize this Chef but for the sake of everyone else who may be confused - COCHRANE HANDBOOK is an affiliate marketing organization.

Cochrane publish content designed to harvest names and emails of "peptide researchers" which they sell to their peptide-vendor client: Limitless Nooitropics.

Further, they solicit surfers with a Discount to their "Top-rated Vendor". Press the Buy Now Call To Action button and you'll instantly arrive at Limitless's ecommerce page.

And That's All Fine!
But no one should confuse Cochrane Handbook with an actual AUTHORITY on peptides.

And I suppose next you'll be telling us that four out of five dentists might not actually recommend Trident?

To

To be fair, professional medical organizations will always opt for extreme caution in any advice they give, like throwing out your reconstituted peptides after 28 days in the fridge. Or the “importance” of washing your hands and alcohol swabbing everything so you don’t get a nasty infection when injecting. Not saying it’s a bad practice, but it isn’t really necessary if you have a functioning immune system or don't have a fridge full of nasty bacteria.

COULD you damage your peptides by shaking them or looking at them the wrong way? Sure, it might happen (maybe?), but it isn’t very likely. If it has happened once with one peptide, that’s enough for the general medical advice to be extreme care with all peptides.

Some peptides are more fragile, especially after being reconstituted - in the powder form most of them can take a pretty good beating.

There’s no reason not to be careful, but there also is no need to stress about the smallest mistake messing up your peptides.

Last edited:
Implying that it isn’t necessary to take standard precautions prior to injecting anything is really bad information to put out there. Especially since there are clearly quite a few folks here that are very new and trying to learn.

Implying that it isn’t necessary to take standard precautions prior to injecting anything is really bad information to put out there. Especially since there are clearly quite a few folks here that are very new and trying to learn.
Well, I didn’t say not to do it. Better safe than sorry.

And I should have added that you definitely want to swab the injection area if it’s an IM injection.

For subq however, it really doesn’t matter too much. It’s safer to take precautions, but it’s unlikely to cause you any harm if you don’t.

You’re free to disagree, but to call it bad information is taking it a bit far. Since it honestly isn’t, it’s just not best practice.

In any case, it wasn’t phrased as an encouragement not to take precautions, but an example of guidelines being on the side of caution even though in practice it’s unlikely to have any consequences.

For subq however, it really doesn’t matter too much. It’s safer to take precautions, but it’s unlikely to cause you any harm if you don’t.
All it takes is a break in the skin to introduce bacteria. As someone who has had incredibly painful cellulitis introduced through a minor my break in my skin, which needed three rounds of abx, I'm not taking any chances.

Last edited:
All it takes is a break in the skin to introduce bacteria. As someone who has had incredibly painful cellulitis introduced through a minor my break in my skin, which needed three rounds of abx, I'm not taking any chances.
Fair :) And it definitely is a better practice to clean properly.

But I'm guessing that break wasn't done by a sterile syringe?

I probably inject myself subq around 200+ times per year and i skip the cleaning part most of the time because I'm lazy, never had any issues.

Not saying that means it has no risk at all, my point is simply that medical guidelines are on the side of perfect caution - which is good.

My point was just that they are not ultimate truths, especially when it comes to storage and handling - The cleaning was probably a bad example to use.

But I'm guessing that break wasn't done by a sterile syringe?
No, but it doesn't really matter what caused the break in the skin when it comes to that. Could have simply been dry skin that cracked. It's usually due to bacteria that's already present on the skin that most of us already have. The break just gives it a mode of entry, as even a sterile syringe can push that bacteria further into the skin. True, it's less likely to happen with a sterile syringe than an insect bite or a scratch, but not impossible.

Once you've had cellulitis, your likelihood of getting it again increases. That was an incredibly painful experience and I almost needed IV abx for it. Easily preventable by prepping the skin before injection.

I've driven my car hundreds of times this year and never had an accident, doesn't mean I'm going to stop wearing my seatbelt.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back