I was covered for name brand Zepbound the entire time LMAO

normal

New_Member
Reaction score
I read through my insurance docs and there was a line saying meds for weight loss only werent covered so I didn't press it any further. I was looking for something else in the app and decided to toss in zepbound in the script checker, and it said covered 100%. Called, confirmed, and long story short, I'm picking up 10mg zepbound pens Monday afternoon.

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't know until now. I appreciate the peptide rabbit hole, and have branched out beyond tirz because of it.

Gonna stack some Cagril on my Zepbound soon too

Nice having 660mg tirz in the freezer as backup too.

Anyone have experience getting the meds out of their pens into sterile vials for maintenance? I'm ~32lbs away, and I figure I'll lie and say I slowed or stalled as long as possible to stack a free 60mg a month at max dosage when I'm planning on only needing 10 - 20mg a month for maintenance.

I read through my insurance docs and there was a line saying meds for weight loss only werent covered so I didn't press it any further. I was looking for something else in the app and decided to toss in zepbound in the script checker, and it said covered 100%. Called, confirmed, and long story short, I'm picking up 10mg zepbound pens Monday afternoon.

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't know until now. I appreciate the peptide rabbit hole, and have branched out beyond tirz because of it.

Gonna stack some Cagril on my Zepbound soon too

Nice having 660mg tirz in the freezer as backup too.

Anyone have experience getting the meds out of their pens into sterile vials for maintenance? I'm ~32lbs away, and I figure I'll lie and say I slowed or stalled as long as possible to stack a free 60mg a month at max dosage when I'm planning on only needing 10 - 20mg a month for maintenance.
Well, that took an interesting turn. Worse case if they stop helping you, gray market will be there for ya 😉

I am also covered but who knows for how long. They filled it for a couple of months and then required my Doc to submit prior authorization for it to continue being refilled. My Doc provided what they need and they approved me for six-months, This assumes my Company doesn't make changes to coverage in January. It also can be a bitch to track it down.

I'm using compound right now and throw the Zep in the fridge plus I have a huge stockpile of gray in the freezer. Zep has a pretty long shelf life (>1 year). I like being able to titrate up in smaller increments than 2.5mg and I also will likely switch to splitting doses at some point.

I am also covered but who knows for how long. They filled it for a couple of months and then required my Doc to submit prior authorization for it to continue being refilled. My Doc provided what they need and they approved me for six-months, This assumes my Company doesn't make changes to coverage in January. It also can be a bitch to track it down.

I'm using compound right now and throw the Zep in the fridge plus I have a huge stockpile of gray in the freezer. Zep has a pretty long shelf life (>1 year). I like being able to titrate up in smaller increments than 2.5mg and I also will likely switch to splitting doses at some point.

Good call on stockpiling the pens for a little bit. Very true that coverage could end at any time or a bad shortage could come back into play. Appreciate the insights.

Back