I'm baaaaa-aaaaack!

ZippityDooDah

Gonkulator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, I want to thank everyone who tried reaching out to check in on me over the past 3 months! I appreciate everyone's care and concern and am genuinely touched. There really are some amazing people in this community (and a couple of pretty resourceful ones too!).

Here’s my rather lengthy story for anyone who might be interested...

It all started simply enough… I was traveling for Christmas and New Year's. Once I got settled after my flight, I couldn't get my laptop to boot (it turned out that the SSD had died). While inconvenient for sure, it was also kind of a welcome chance to take a little break from the daily peptide talk (I don't have Discord/Reddit/etc. on my phone or iPad).

When I finally got home and bought a new laptop, I ran into a brick wall not being able to access any of my peptide-related accounts because I couldn't find my LastPass master password to access any of my accounts. Since I use randomly generated complex passwords for everything including the email accounts I use for all these sites so I couldn’t even do password resets since I couldn’t access the email accounts where password reset emails would be sent.

Fortunately I still had access to my main email account on my phone so I was still able to reset all the important passwords like banking etc.

I knew I had my LastPass master password written down somewhere, but couldn’t find it and had to leave on another trip in early January as well as more trips in February and March. I figured it wasn’t worth trying to sign up again with new ID’s since I was slammed with work anyway and would probably be too busy to find my way back into the various sites (including here which I have been locked out of for 3 months!).

I even tried paying a service to recover my data from the bad SSD, but they weren’t able to.

Earlier this afternoon, while getting all of my paperwork together to have my taxes done, I discovered my LastPass password scribbled on the back of a receipt!

The moral of my story is if you use a password manager, make sure you have a good known place to store your master password in case any of your techno-gadgets ever break or get lost/stolen!

I look forward to catching up on all the goings-on. I’ve heard some rumors through the grapevine so it’ll be interesting to see what all I’ve missed!

Oh, and special thanks to FamousGoodKitty for her efforts to keep people on the right path while the spammers went a little crazy. I'll be cleaning those posts up shortly, but she really is a wonderful leader in this community and we should all be grateful she cares so much!

First, I want to thank everyone who tried reaching out to check in on me over the past 3 months! I appreciate everyone's care and concern and am genuinely touched. There really are some amazing people in this community (and a couple of pretty resourceful ones too!).

Here’s my rather lengthy story for anyone who might be interested...

It all started simply enough… I was traveling for Christmas and New Year's. Once I got settled after my flight, I couldn't get my laptop to boot (it turned out that the SSD had died). While inconvenient for sure, it was also kind of a welcome chance to take a little break from the daily peptide talk (I don't have Discord/Reddit/etc. on my phone or iPad).

When I finally got home and bought a new laptop, I ran into a brick wall not being able to access any of my peptide-related accounts because I couldn't find my LastPass master password to access any of my accounts. Since I use randomly generated complex passwords for everything including the email accounts I use for all these sites so I couldn’t even do password resets since I couldn’t access the email accounts where password reset emails would be sent.

Fortunately I still had access to my main email account on my phone so I was still able to reset all the important passwords like banking etc.

I knew I had my LastPass master password written down somewhere, but couldn’t find it and had to leave on another trip in early January as well as more trips in February and March. I figured it wasn’t worth trying to sign up again with new ID’s since I was slammed with work anyway and would probably be too busy to find my way back into the various sites (including here which I have been locked out of for 3 months!).

I even tried paying a service to recover my data from the bad SSD, but they weren’t able to.

Earlier this afternoon, while getting all of my paperwork together to have my taxes done, I discovered my LastPass password scribbled on the back of a receipt!

The moral of my story is if you use a password manager, make sure you have a good known place to store your master password in case any of your techno-gadgets ever break or get lost/stolen!

I look forward to catching up on all the goings-on. I’ve heard some rumors through the grapevine so it’ll be interesting to see what all I’ve missed!
You were GREATLY missed 🫶

Hey! We were really worried about you! I’m kinda mad at you that you didn’t make a new account and let us know you were okay but very happy to know you are safe and sound. Welcome back!

Welcome back! I was gone for a while too. KeyPass or something similar on a thumb drive works great.

@ZippityDooDah Welcome back! Real glad to know you're ok! Your disappearance struck me as very odd and I try to pay attention to you as the bread crumbs you left helped me find the promised land many moons ago. Also appreciate your voice of reason and wisdom sir! 🫡

Please help, new to this community but not sure where to go to buy without Peter...
For me, if I needed to buy right now and didn't have time to or couldn't afford to have my own Janoshik testing done, I would either take the chance with QSC, or stick with a reputable domestic vendor like Arctic, Skye, Polaris, etc.

It seems to me like it's going to be another few months before other suppliers can be vetted for quality, consistency, and trustworthiness. There are a lot of tests pending for "new" suppliers, but a first round of good tests doesn't mean that they will have consistent good results, and seeing how a supplier handles lost shipments, bad test results, etc. is also an important part of the vetting.

Yeah, domestic vendors are going to cost a lot more, but IMHO it's a small price to pay for piece of mind knowing I'm buying a proven, tested product that a vendor backs up with a money-back guarantee.

Tysm for responding. Have you heard anything about Eros? Also, is QSC reputable, I read mixed reviews...

Tysm for responding. Have you heard anything about Eros? Also, is QSC reputable, I read mixed reviews...
Have not heard of Eros.

QSC is, um, "ok"? They have their issues for sure, but they generally have good test results on average although there have been some issues at times. Like most suppliers they've mostly gotten better over time. They're not perfect, but there are a few non-peptide things I get from them regularly and have never been disappointed. Their TZ and SG have been very consistent, other peps tend to have more issues.

Have not heard of Eros.

QSC is, um, "ok"? They have their issues for sure, but they generally have good test results on average although there have been some issues at times. Like most suppliers they've mostly gotten better over time. They're not perfect, but there are a few non-peptide things I get from them regularly and have never been disappointed. Their TZ and SG have been very consistent, other peps tend to have more issues.

If you have the time, please PM or post the non peptide things you get from them, I'm curious ;)

+1 on welcome back! A welcome refresher I'm sure.

+1 on QSC being good enough. USE TRACY. Alisa has gone down the tubes. Tracy has a support team that is still breaking in but coming along. They are consistent nowadays. Their US warehouse is pretty much out of commission but you can pay for express shipping from China and get it in a surprisingly quick timeframe, like seriously quick... a large order of mine got porch pirated because I didn't think it could get in that quick.

Welcome back!! You were surely missed!! Glad you are ok!

Back