Is compound Tirezepatide weaker than retail ZepBound?

Reaction score
My doctor switched from 7.5mg of brand Zepbound to 10mg of Compound Tirzepatide (Hallandale Pharmacy). Despite the compound being a larger dose, I can honestly the compound didn't help whatsoever. I have none of the usual side effects and no appetite suppression. Can you think of any reasons why?? Do you think it will help if she increases my dose to the maximum compound of 15mg?

Unfortunately with compounding there can often be a certain amount of discrepancy in the fill from what it should be. One of the reasons we DIY'ers are so anal about testing is knowing exactly what the fill mass is so we can accurately calculate dosing.

Personally I'd just try riding it out if you can, or start taking an extra ~10% over what is specified to see if that does anything.

I'm all in on making informed choices about peptides.

My attempt at being helpful is a Quality vs Price comparison spreadsheet of US Peptide vendors.
I began compiling it when I saw the end of insured Wegovy rapidly approaching.
There is a bit of a preamble then a link to a Google Drive permalink.
Feel free to make suggestions for improvement, it's a work in progress:
-----

" When I lost my group insurance I searched for low-cost Wegovy replacements. I found huge price differences between vendors, and, QA practices that varied widely.

To be helpful I compiled my results on 20+ US GLP-1 vendors who will sell single vials. Prices are shown for research Semaglutide, Tirzepatide and Retrutatide. Color coding and QA Notes have relevant Quality Info.

The PREFERRED, MOST TRANSPARENT Quality Assurance for peptide users is a Batch Certificate of Anaysis (COA) prepared by an Independent 3rd Party laboratory that is Current, Credible AND LINKED TO EVERY VIAL (LTEV) SOLD. The linking may be by batch number on the vial label, printed QR code hyperlinked to an online COA, or by a naming convention which uniquely identifies the product as part of a unique COA'd batch. Some *** vendors do all three things.

A COA shows the IDENTITY, PURITY and QUANTITY of peptide present in the sample vial. PURITY of product must be Pharmaceutical Grade per the United States Pharmacoepeia (USP) i.e. above 99% pure. QUANTITY MUST BE SPECIFIED AS IT IS ESSENTIAL to obtaining the correct dosage when you reconstitute lypophilized peptides. Some vendors omit QUANTITY as it would reveal their under-dosed, weak and therefore more profitable product offerings - you should not purchase from these vendors.

*** VENDORS with COAs LTEV are considered Highest Quality, marked with a triple asterisk (***) and are sorted to first on this spreadsheet. Strongly consider these vendors if buying the most highly Quality Assured GLP-1 product is your goal.

GREEN = GOOD - HAS PRESENT Current Credible 3RD Party Certificate Of Analysis (COA) showing Identity, Purity and Quantity of peptide. Not necessarily LTEV but observable onsite.

YELLOW = CAUTION - LACKS Current Credible 3RD Party COA OR Has Unsatisfactory Processes OR there is notable, credible negative reporting by users. This last is my own observation and is subjective.

YELLOW/GREEN = MIXED RESULTS Check QA notes for further information before making a purchase.

FULL DISCLOSURE: Information was obtained by organic Google Searches and my own non-medical-professional observations. It is believed accurate at posted DATE on spreadsheet but not guaranteed. My wife's Semaglutide comes from Aminos Research while my own Semaglutide, Tirzepatide and Retatrutide has come partially from Aminos Research and also from other less well QA'd sources. I do not accept any form of compensation from any source, and, I prefer not to 'recommend' individual vendors.
"

Fyi, all the sudden the side effects of compound TIRZ hit me. But, it didn't start until 48 hours after my injection (whereas the ZepBound hits me 12 hours later).

Fyi, all the sudden the side effects of compound TIRZ hit me. But, it didn't start until 48 hours after my injection (whereas the ZepBound hits me 12 hours later).
Interesting! Hopefully you will begin to feel more and more the effects of the compound!

My doctor switched from 7.5mg of brand Zepbound to 10mg of Compound Tirzepatide (Hallandale Pharmacy). Despite the compound being a larger dose, I can honestly the compound didn't help whatsoever. I have none of the usual side effects and no appetite suppression. Can you think of any reasons why?? Do you think it will help if she increases my dose to the maximum compound of 15mg?
I would look up news articles on that pharmacy that were just released.
I am on compounded. And mine was rerouted to another pharmacy because of some issues going on.

I would look up news articles on that pharmacy that were just released.
I am on compounded. And mine was rerouted to another pharmacy because of some issues going on.
There are no recent news articles, and the "issue" is that one of the major telehealth companies bought their own compounding pharmacy and are being dishonest about why they are moving customers to that new pharmacy so it doesn't appear like the big money grab that it is.

Oh really? I was unaware. Someone the groups I belong to shared some snippets. Sorry for the misinformation. I certainly didn't mean to spread any.
Well that telehealth is definitely being dishonest in their communication to their clients as I received "recent regulatory actions taken against Pharmcore dba" as the reason it was being redirected.

Oh really? I was unaware. Someone the groups I belong to shared some snippets. Sorry for the misinformation. I certainly didn't mean to spread any.
Well that telehealth is definitely being dishonest in their communication to their clients as I received "recent regulatory actions taken against Pharmcore dba" as the reason it was being redirected.
Yeah, there was some buzz about it on Reddit over the past several days, but on digging it turns out that the "regulatory action" was from 2022 when Hallandale was in the middle of moving to a new facility. Of course Mochi forgets to tell you that they started the transition to Aequita months ago and only continued using Hallandale for states where Aequita wasn't yet licensed. Once the licenses were in place they decided to stop paying Hallandale for orders that customers had already paid for and came up with this neat lie to cover their tracks...

Here's a couple interesting links and some pix:

1721534590212.png

1721533856555.png

This is how Mochi/Aequita ship their meds, using freeze pops to aid in cooling:
1721534156106.png

And this is how Hallandale ships their meds:
1721533510139.png

I was aware of the move to Aequita. And had my suspicions that they owned it.
How nasty to treat Hallandale that way when they handled the majority of the orders for them..

Yeah, there was some buzz about it on Reddit over the past several days, but on digging it turns out that the "regulatory action" was from 2022 when Hallandale was in the middle of moving to a new facility. Of course Mochi forgets to tell you that they started the transition to Aequita months ago and only continued using Hallandale for states where Aequita wasn't yet licensed. Once the licenses were in place they decided to stop paying Hallandale for orders that customers had already paid for and came up with this neat lie to cover their tracks...

Here's a couple interesting links and some pix:

View attachment 872
View attachment 870

This is how Mochi/Aequita ship their meds, using freeze pops to aid in cooling:
View attachment 871

And this is how Hallandale ships their meds:
View attachment 869
That is really crappy behavior on the part of Mochi. If there were regulatory actions against Hallandale, I believe Mochi would have said what regulatory actions and by whom.

The owner posted a very long message last night explaining their break with Hallandale. I just know I want to get away from that whole area and just worry about doing my own thing.lol

For me, it felt underdosed the one month I used compound.

I'm all in on making informed choices about peptides.

My attempt at being helpful is a Quality vs Price comparison spreadsheet of US Peptide vendors.
I began compiling it when I saw the end of insured Wegovy rapidly approaching.
There is a bit of a preamble then a link to a Google Drive permalink.
Feel free to make suggestions for improvement, it's a work in progress:
-----

" When I lost my group insurance I searched for low-cost Wegovy replacements. I found huge price differences between vendors, and, QA practices that varied widely.

To be helpful I compiled my results on 20+ US GLP-1 vendors who will sell single vials. Prices are shown for research Semaglutide, Tirzepatide and Retrutatide. Color coding and QA Notes have relevant Quality Info.

The PREFERRED, MOST TRANSPARENT Quality Assurance for peptide users is a Batch Certificate of Anaysis (COA) prepared by an Independent 3rd Party laboratory that is Current, Credible AND LINKED TO EVERY VIAL (LTEV) SOLD. The linking may be by batch number on the vial label, printed QR code hyperlinked to an online COA, or by a naming convention which uniquely identifies the product as part of a unique COA'd batch. Some *** vendors do all three things.

A COA shows the IDENTITY, PURITY and QUANTITY of peptide present in the sample vial. PURITY of product must be Pharmaceutical Grade per the United States Pharmacoepeia (USP) i.e. above 99% pure. QUANTITY MUST BE SPECIFIED AS IT IS ESSENTIAL to obtaining the correct dosage when you reconstitute lypophilized peptides. Some vendors omit QUANTITY as it would reveal their under-dosed, weak and therefore more profitable product offerings - you should not purchase from these vendors.

*** VENDORS with COAs LTEV are considered Highest Quality, marked with a triple asterisk (***) and are sorted to first on this spreadsheet. Strongly consider these vendors if buying the most highly Quality Assured GLP-1 product is your goal.

GREEN = GOOD - HAS PRESENT Current Credible 3RD Party Certificate Of Analysis (COA) showing Identity, Purity and Quantity of peptide. Not necessarily LTEV but observable onsite.

YELLOW = CAUTION - LACKS Current Credible 3RD Party COA OR Has Unsatisfactory Processes OR there is notable, credible negative reporting by users. This last is my own observation and is subjective.

YELLOW/GREEN = MIXED RESULTS Check QA notes for further information before making a purchase.

FULL DISCLOSURE: Information was obtained by organic Google Searches and my own non-medical-professional observations. It is believed accurate at posted DATE on spreadsheet but not guaranteed. My wife's Semaglutide comes from Aminos Research while my own Semaglutide, Tirzepatide and Retatrutide has come partially from Aminos Research and also from other less well QA'd sources. I do not accept any form of compensation from any source, and, I prefer not to 'recommend' individual vendors.
"

YOU are. My favorite Redditor, SIR!

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyByDesign
Back