Meal replacement shakes?

aDerpyPenguin

New_Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried meal replacement shakes while on a GLP1? I’ll be traveling internationally to places that don’t have a great food selection. Been thinking about taking a meal replacement shake to have with me. Any suggestions?

Any commercially available one that you find palatable should be fine. Just make sure there's at least 20 grams of protein per serving, and that the sugar/artificial sweetener is acceptable to you.

For ready made, I like Premier Protein. They are easy to find, have 30g of protein, and they also have 25% of most of your daily vitamins so you're getting more than just protein. I personally think their vanilla is their best flavor, and I'm usually a chocolate girlie. It tastes like melted ice cream. You can also get them cheap at Costco/BJs (They end up being less than $2 each).

looking for something more than just protein, so those shakes may be good. I’m planning on bringing some protein powder and using bottled water to mix. One of the bigger issues is that I’ll have very little vegetable options. I haven’t been constipated on Tirz so far, but maybe I should take a fiber supplement with me.

love the fairlife protein shakes/nutrition plan, and you can do much more than just drink them:
- you can make a frosty style type of ice cream (google fairlife protein ice cream) using a blender
- buy sugar free jello instant pudding mix and you can have protein pudding (the shake replaces the milk)

Premier protein I buy at Walmart. 160 calories and 30 grams of protein . I like the cafe latte that had caffeine .

For ready made, I like Premier Protein. They are easy to find, have 30g of protein, and they also have 25% of most of your daily vitamins so you're getting more than just protein. I personally think their vanilla is their best flavor, and I'm usually a chocolate girlie. It tastes like melted ice cream. You can also get them cheap at Costco/BJs (They end up being less than $2 each).
My favorite too. Like the cafe latte coffee ones with caffeine

My favorite too. Like the cafe latte coffee ones with caffeine
And the fact that they're essentially a meal replacement shake and not just protein makes me feel better about the days where I can't stomach much. I really like Fairlife too, their chocolate is the best tasting chocolate one IMO, but they don't have all the nutrients that Premier has.

Do you like matcha? I made a matcha latte (with some super strong matcha lol) with a vanilla Premier the other day. It was AMAZING. I used the last of my matcha making it though so now I have to re-up because I think that's my new hyperfixation. Been thinking about adding some coffee concentrate to my pumpkin spice Premier too 🤤

Thanks for this. I ordered some powder on Prime Big Deal. About a buck a serving.
Which?

<E> ended up ordering a pack of the premier protein Cafe Latte. Will be much simpler than packing a whole bunch of protein powder.

Last edited:
Ended up ordering a box of premade on amazon bc it was cheaper than Costco/Sams. What was the price of your powder? I’m running low on the Kirkland Protein I picked up. That value is difficult to beat.
Is it a prime day sale? *Runs to Amazon*

Edit: They are usually cheaper on Instacart than on Costco's website, fyi. I know that sounds backwards but it's often true lol.

Last edited:
Fairlife 42g protein shakes are delicious, vanilla tastes like an ice cream milk shake. Strawberry tastes like Strawberry Quik. Easy way to boost your daily protein intake.

Is it a prime day sale? *Runs to Amazon*

Edit: They are usually cheaper on Instacart than on Costco's website, fyi. I know that sounds backwards but it's often true lol.

I checked Instacart since I don’t actually have a Costco membership. An 18 pack was $40. The 15 pack on Amazon was only $23.

I checked Instacart since I don’t actually have a Costco membership. An 18 pack was $40. The 15 pack on Amazon was only $23.
Maybe it's regional and/or because I have a card, it's usually $32/18pk for me. I haven't seen it that cheap on Amazon before though, that's a great deal! I was gonna go restock this weekend but I guess I'll be ordering on Amazon instead.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back