NEW TIRZEPATIDE SINGLE-VIAL SOURCE - ELI LILY

I'm only experienced with sema prices, but $550 for one 5mg dose, doesn't seem "reduced" to me. That's still $2200/month for 1/3 the max dose. You'd have to be rolling in cash to be able to afford that!

What's the cash price for a 1 month pen of this from a regular pharmacy? I know it's more than sema ($1200). Thought I saw $3600 somewhere a while back but no idea what mg dose that was for.
You’re right, I thought it was a months worth at 5 mg.

You’re right, I thought it was a months worth at 5 mg.
It is a month worth... Dionysos said it, I just missed the word "monthly" in his post.. because it was talking about single dose vials, I wrongly concluded that was a per vial price.

Saw it on the news last night, it is in fact a 1 month supply of 5mg for $549

Last edited:
It is a month worth... Dionysos said it, I just missed the word "monthly" in his post.. because it was talking about single dose vials, I wrongly concluded that was a per vial price.

Saw it on the news last night, it is in fact a 1 month supply of 5mg for $549
Better than initially thought, but still a crappy deal. They’re trying to appear as if they’re doing the public a favor by making these meds more “affordable”…whatever, Ely Lilly, whatever. Don’t even get me started with these PBMs! 🙄

ahh, gotcha. i appreciate the info. and yeah lmao i have stopped going on reddit because i've winced in pain too much from the daily influx of "how about BAC water?? how many units? what do i do?"

welp, i really hope EL is working on expanding that insurance coverage!
Insurance coverage - you are funny!
In general insurance companies are not out for the best interest of patients and just want to make/save money.

You absolutely have the talent of writing. I’ve often wondered if that’s what your career was. Please keep us entertained and informed.😃
I think about
My understanding is that the price is for a month's worth of doses (so $550 for 20mg) as opposed to per vial. Maybe I'm wrong? But if I am then the pen is a much better deal.
The $550 quoted price is per month.

From what I heard on the news last night, compounding options will soon disappear. Once the "shortage" is officially over, compounding pharmacies won't be allowed to supply it.

They reported that millions of people are using compounding pharmacies!

Let that sink in for a minute...
maybe? from what I understand, compounding pharmacies will alter their formulation by adding B12 or some other Vitamin in order to continue selling 'their' formula. they can skirt the law and continue to sell this way.

maybe? from what I understand, compounding pharmacies will alter their formulation by adding B12 or some other Vitamin in order to continue selling 'their' formula. they can skirt the law and continue to sell this way.
Won't work like that when Tirz is off shortage. A compounder will need to have a reason to add B12 specific to the patient's needs and will not be able to do it in bulk. I'm not sure why any of them are currently doing it while Tirz is on shortage, because plenty of the big pharmacies are fine just compounding straight Tirz.

Won't work like that when Tirz is off shortage. A compounder will need to have a reason to add B12 specific to the patient's needs and will not be able to do it in bulk. I'm not sure why any of them are currently doing it while Tirz is on shortage, because plenty of the big pharmacies are fine just compounding straight Tirz.
Also, FDA shortage allows them to buy generic versions. When not on shortage it is fully protected by its patent and they must buy the drug through licensed API manufacturers, which raises the price to retail levels.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItzJay
Back