NEW TIRZEPATIDE SINGLE-VIAL SOURCE - ELI LILY

I di

I did avoid posting it "In The News" as you previously requested, and I am aware of proper journalistic style. My estimation is that most of what is posted on GLP1forum.com is not "News" rather it is "Entertainment" a la "Fox News".

In future I will try to eliminate as much humour from my posts as possible.
- Dennis
You absolutely have the talent of writing. I’ve often wondered if that’s what your career was. Please keep us entertained and informed.😃

Compounding is cheaper. Much cheaper. SDRX is $245 a month for 2.5 and $285 for 15. Not as cheap as other methods but better than Eli Lilly is offering. Once those Eli Direct buyers have to increase to 7.5 they will not be very happy.
From what I heard on the news last night, compounding options will soon disappear. Once the "shortage" is officially over, compounding pharmacies won't be allowed to supply it.

They reported that millions of people are using compounding pharmacies!

Let that sink in for a minute...

There's still shortages on higher doses and they're not releasing vials for those. I don't think compounding is going away this year.

When it does happen, and Zepbound is still $550+ and not covered by 95% of insurances, we will have some new members 🐱

From what I heard on the news last night, compounding options will soon disappear. Once the "shortage" is officially over, compounding pharmacies won't be allowed to supply it.

They reported that millions of people are using compounding pharmacies!

Let that sink in for a minute...
I wonder what lowering the price will do for supply and demand. On one hand not needing to manufacture those pens for 2.5 and 5 will allow them to crank out more product faster. But they are also creating a scenario where more patients will be able to afford it while also still needing to create pens for 7.5, 10, 12.5 and 15.

They will have to prove no shortages of all doses before compounding stops. It will be interesting

There's still shortages on higher doses and they're not releasing vials for those. I don't think compounding is going away this year.

When it does happen, and Zepbound is still $550+ and not covered by 95% of insurances, we will have some new members 🐱
Maybe the lower price point will induce more insurance companies to start covering but I won’t hold my breath.

Maybe the lower price point will induce more insurance companies to start covering but I won’t hold my breath.
I'm only experienced with sema prices, but $550 for one 5mg dose, doesn't seem "reduced" to me. That's still $2200/month for 1/3 the max dose. You'd have to be rolling in cash to be able to afford that!

What's the cash price for a 1 month pen of this from a regular pharmacy? I know it's more than sema ($1200). Thought I saw $3600 somewhere a while back but no idea what mg dose that was for.

I'm only experienced with sema prices, but $550 for one 5mg dose, doesn't seem "reduced" to me. That's still $2200/month for 1/3 the max dose. You'd have to be rolling in cash to be able to afford that!

What's the cash price for a 1 month pen of this from a regular pharmacy? I know it's more than sema ($1200). Thought I saw $3600 somewhere a while back but no idea what mg dose that was for.
All the Zepbound pens are ~$1000/month base price at a regular pharmacy. $650 (before today $550) if you used Lilly's coupon and qualified for it.

My understanding is that the price is for a month's worth of doses (so $550 for 20mg) as opposed to per vial. Maybe I'm wrong? But if I am then the pen is a much better deal.

Oof.. that's pretty risky! If one of those previous customers was a big pharma attorney, that will be the end of that business!

Probably doesn't help the cause by posting that here. This forum isn't exactly a secret place with vetting to ensure big pharma spies stay out.
Fair point, deleted, fwiw at this point

Brand Name TIRZ From Reputable Source

Avoid Sketchy US and China Vendors

Eli Lily Announces Tirzeptide Can Be Purchased In Single Dose Vials

View attachment 1520

Consumers willing to self-inject can now source Tirzepatide at lower cost and directly from pharma giant Eli Lily.

The medication packaging deletes the injector pens and comes in vials holding a single dose of 2.5mg or 5.0mg. Each vial must be reconstituted by the user.

Eliminating the injector pens has enabled the lowering of monthly cost of 2.5mg vials to $399 and 5.0mg vials to $549.

This form of Zepbound requires a prescription that is placed through the company's own telehealth portal.

More details available from the NYT article here:

Details also from TODAY Show:

Nota Bene
It is not yet known if the new Zepbound vials will be supplied with a Janoshik Certificate Of Analysis attesting to the purity and mass of peptide contained in the vials.
Use caution until credible, independent, 3rd party test results become available.

/s
The strike through nota bene is hysterical!😂

All the Zepbound pens are ~$1000/month base price at a regular pharmacy. $650 (before today $550) if you used Lilly's coupon and qualified for it.
My sister was on Ozempic, then switched to mounjaro, then back to ozempic. This was about a year ago. I remember looking up the cash price and seeing that mounjaro was almost 3x Ozempic, but it could have been through OptumRx for 3 months and I just misread/wasn't paying attention to 1 vs 3 months.

Interesting that tirz is the same price as sema through a pharmacy for a 1 month supply, regardless of dose, but as a grey market peptide, a month supply of tirz is significantly more.

- Dennis
Apparently AFTER this post 😜

Don't stop! We need the levity! Gets a little spicy in here once in a while.

Had never heard of the sartalic symbol. I have to say, I have never had to decipher so many damn acronyms in my life prior to reading Reddit and now these forums. /s

I di

I did avoid posting it "In The News" as you previously requested, and I am aware of proper journalistic style. My estimation is that most of what is posted on GLP1forum.com is not "News" rather it is "Entertainment" a la "Fox News".

- Dennis
….but we like your humor! 🥺

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItzJay
Back