Peptide mg vial question

OconeeDawg

New_Member
Reaction score
If you have a 5 mg vial that actually contains 6.2 mg, do you still reconstitute it as if it were 5 mg and just consider it to be a bit "hot"? That's what I’ve been doing—my .25 dose actually ends up being .31. I’m just curious what others do in this situation?

It's up to you, personally I would calculate my dosage accurately independent on whether the vial over or underfilled - More predictable and easier to know if it's time to increase or not if you stay accurate :)

It is a 19.smth dosage increase - which isn't exactly insignificant.

It's up to you, personally I would calculate my dosage accurately independent on whether the vial over or underfilled - More predictable and easier to know if it's time to increase or not if you stay accurate :)

It is a 19.smth dosage increase - which isn't exactly insignificant.
Do you adjust for the difference by adding 1.24 ml of Bac water to get the units per 5 mg bottle back to even math?

Do you adjust for the difference by adding 1.24 ml of Bac water to get the units per 5 mg bottle back to even math?
That's up to how you prefer it tbh :)

Personally I would just calculate the strength per unit and adjust the amount of water based on how large/small you want the injected amount to be.

6.2/100=0.062

0,25/0.062=4

4x0.062=0,248

So the dose would be 4 units. I might consider adding 2ml and making the dose 8 units since a small air bubble and the amount left in the syringe would affect the dose a bit with 4 units.

But it's just math, so do it the way you prefer :)

This assumes that the tested vial’s peptide mass is consistent in every vial. Since they haven’t been tested, you don’t have any idea what the actual peptide mass is.

Kind of a crap shoot and up to you as the user.

This assumes that the tested vial’s peptide mass is consistent in every vial. Since they haven’t been tested, you don’t have any idea what the actual peptide mass is.

True, they usually are more or less similar if it's the same batch though.

I

It was all new when I made down this vial so I did the easy math. With knowing it's a little hot. I think ok with that because I don't plan on going over 1mg.

To be honest Dawg, it’s a LOT HOT.

If you reconstitute that vial with 1ml bacteriostatic water and inject 25 units you are receiving a dose that is 25% OVERFULL for max semaglutide dosage.

Not dangerous but significantly more likely to provoke side effects. “Ya pays yer money an’ ya takes yer choice!” Popeye

EDIT: For context and at risk of overcommunicating: my wife experiences a notable increase in nausea with a 10% Overfill of Semaglutide. I notice a 10% Underfill of Retatrutide as “weak”. A 25% variance either way would be unacceptable for different reasons.

Last edited:
To be honest Dawg, it’s a LOT HOT.

If you reconstitute that vial with 1ml bacteriostatic water and inject 25 units you are receiving a dose that is 25% OVERFULL.

Not dangerous but significantly more likely to provoke side effects. “Ya pays yer money an’ ya takes yer choice!” Popeye
Yeah, I started thinking about it last week. Fortunately, I haven’t had any side effects. I was wondering why it was working so well for me, even at the lower dose. Then I realized it’s probably not actually the lower dose after all. I’ll just stay on this dose until it stops working, then move up!

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back