Peptides to combat hair loss?

Love2Garden59

New_Member
Reaction score
While I am slowly losing weight, I am slowly losing hair too. Granted hair loss is normal for all people. But, this is the first time I am actually seeing hair on my face or clothes, or hands when I wash my hair. What can I take to help with this?

how rapid are you losing and do you track your protein intake? you could also start taking multivitamins/supplements to combat that.

I am only losing a little over 1lb a week. So, am not losing gobs of hair. I am taking Biotin and multivitamins. Still see my hair on my face/clothes/sink when I brush which is not normal for me.

Protein really does not affect hair loss - it is likely the associated iron, which is important, that makes people think the protein is the issue. There are several other vitamins that are also important.

Fatty acids are often overlooked - and likely to be reduced and therefore a culprit in diet induced hair loss.

Biotin is good. Oddly it and can be affected by eating too many eggs whites.

This paper has some easy to read tables that may be helpful. Table one addresses common deficiencies and whether supplementation is recommended.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5315033/

Thanks FrankTdog. I know I don't get enough Omega-3 & 6's because I am a vegetarian. Also, getting enough protein is a struggle

Back