Positive side-effects

What's crazy is that the stupid medical establishment still considers 130 systolic as too high.

When I took paramedic training back in a previous century, the common standard for "normal" systolic BP was 100+a persons age and <100 diastolic. It was only considered high if systolic was more then 10% above the norm or if diastolic was >100. Then they lowered the hypertension threshold to 140 systolic, and when they couldn't get enough people paying for blood pressure meds they came up with this stage 1/stage 2 BS and lowered it again to 130.

You raise a really interesting point. It's true that the medical establishment has been slowly lowering the threshold for high blood pressure over the years, which has made more people eligible for blood pressure medication.

There's been a lot of controversy about this, with some people arguing that lowering the threshold too much can cause problems like over-diagnosis and overtreatment.

There's also been some discussion about whether the guidelines are based on the best evidence, or whether they're influenced by the financial interests of the pharmaceutical industry. What's your take on this?

What's crazy is that the stupid medical establishment still considers 130 systolic as too high.

When I took paramedic training back in a previous century, the common standard for "normal" systolic BP was 100+a persons age and <100 diastolic. It was only considered high if systolic was more then 10% above the norm or if diastolic was >100. Then they lowered the hypertension threshold to 140 systolic, and when they couldn't get enough people paying for blood pressure meds they came up with this stage 1/stage 2 BS and lowered it again to 130.
Yea I'm waiting to see if I drop another 20lbs how it does.

If I concentrate really hard and test myself a few times back to back and really really relax it's like 127 / 128.

Also interesting I found out recently that 130 was still too high lol, after I googled and was happy about my new bp. This whole time I thought 130 was good and found out that yes it had indeed been lowered.

Yea I'm waiting to see if I drop another 20lbs how it does.

If I concentrate really hard and test myself a few times back to back and really really relax it's like 127 / 128.

You raise a really interesting point. It's true that the medical establishment has been slowly lowering the threshold for high blood pressure over the years, which has made more people eligible for blood pressure medication.

There's been a lot of controversy about this, with some people arguing that lowering the threshold too much can cause problems like over-diagnosis and overtreatment.

There's also been some discussion about whether the guidelines are based on the best evidence, or whether they're influenced by the financial interests of the pharmaceutical industry. What's your take on this?
Also interesting I found out recently that 130 was still too high lol, after I googled and was happy about my new bp. This whole time I thought 130 was good and found out that yes it had indeed been lowered.

IMO there are actually several other factors that ‘’might’’ be contributing to the lowering of the high blood pressure threshold over time.

For example, there's been a rise in average body weight and an increase in the number of people with other risk factors for cardiovascular disease, like diabetes and high cholesterol.

And as medicine advances, we're able to more accurately measure blood pressure, so we're finding out that blood pressure levels that were once thought to be normal are actually more dangerous than we realized.

Interestingly the SURMOUNT-2 studies expressed some concerns about the effect of tirzepatide on blood pressure, including the potential for an unsafe drop in blood pressure for people with already low blood pressure, as well as dizziness and fainting.
Mine gets very low if I’m out doing yard work. I think it’s mostly/all dehydration. I try to drink enough, with serious electrolyte supplementation, but…Then I go to donate blood and it’s 140/105. I have terrible white coat syndrome. BUT it’s never been 105…

Attachments

• IMG_5973.jpeg
    IMG_5973.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 53
I didn’t have an issue with drinking before, but now I just kind of never do. Unfortunately I’m a little sad about it- I’m a little weird sometimes socially and a drink was often…helpful. I hung out with friends at their place where tiki time is an afternoon tradition and I had to force the few sips I took to be polite.

Also, it’s such a random thing- but the little bumps on the back of my upper arms? Those little keratin bumps? They’ve been there as long as I can remember and on my right arm they’re completely gone and they’re almost gone on the left. It doesn’t even feel like my own arm when I touch it.

Mine gets very low if I’m out doing yard work. I think it’s mostly/all dehydration. I try to drink enough, with serious electrolyte supplementation, but…Then I go to donate blood and it’s 140/105. I have terrible white coat syndrome. BUT it’s never been 105…
I have a problem with low blood pressure. I am glued to my huge water bottle because I am afraid if I don’t drink enough water I will have a syncope. It happened so many times in my life and ended up in ER. At least for higher blood pressure there is medication.

K
I didn’t have an issue with drinking before, but now I just kind of never do. Unfortunately I’m a little sad about it- I’m a little weird sometimes socially and a drink was often…helpful. I hung out with friends at their place where tiki time is an afternoon tradition and I had to force the few sips I took to be polite.

Also, it’s such a random thing- but the little bumps on the back of my upper arms? Those little keratin bumps? They’ve been there as long as I can remember and on my right arm they’re completely gone and they’re almost gone on the left. It doesn’t even feel like my own arm when I touch it.
KP is related to high blood glucose. Mine went away, too. 💪

I have Fibromyalgia and have done a number of things to try to improve my overall condition over the years (including stem cells). If I am under extreme stress, I will get flares usually.

I started MJ in late July 2022, the day after Turkey Day my daughter started shaking (myoclonus) and we spent the following couple months in and out of the hospital. I had NO flares, none. Normally I'd be flat on my back with that much stress.

I'm also pretty anemic and need iron infusions, I'm holding steady and have not needed an infusion since I started MJ. I have heard the same thing from others as well.

Relief from the creeping weight gain (post menopausal) and the loss of 65 pounds also pretty great.

I'm curious how many people have experienced positive side-effects on tirzepatide?

Since starting I have pretty much given up alcohol, I feel like I'm almost ready to quit smoking, my tinnitus seems to have improved slightly, and I definitely feel like it's improved my ADHD.

Obviously the weight loss has had a positive side-effect on many aspects including aches and pains, flexibility, and just being easier to do every day things, but there's definitely more to this med than the impacts on blood sugar and weight.
I noticed when I first started ( Arctic P ) TZ my inflammation & pain subsided almost immediately.

Normally I can’t be on my feet for more than a couple of hours without paying for it later. ( I have a heating pad on my couch, in my room, and, several gel-packs that I keep in the freezer. ) To go weeks literally pain free was fabulous!

I bought my second round ( bundle ) of TZ from another place. ( PSG ) Pain is worse than ever.

I keep telling myself its a coincidence but idk?
So yeah. Positive side effects initially.

Im interested to see how I feel once this batch is done and I switch back to Arctic P.

It started about my third week on 2.5mg MJ pens. My nightly extra large cocktail ended up being poured down the drain after just a few sips and then sitting on the table looking abandoned several times; by the following week I just stopped making it.

On top of that, I had two shots of bourbon at the neighbor's probably my 3rd week into 5mg SAF and I literally lost the next 24 hours to nausea (not hangover nausea either, 500x worse!). Since then I've only had one beer here or there, and even then they didn't agree with me very well. the TZ must alter how my liver processes the sugars and so I just stopped tempting fate.
Same experience! My extra large dirty martini got dumped then I stopped making them. Much more of an effect with sema. Gotta admit after switching to tirz, I miss my martinis, but after 3 months, I was excited not to want/need them? Thinking of stacking in general, but this is one of my reasons for considering.

I have similar reduction in desire for alcohol as described above. Another weird one: I used to have a habit of biting my nails which has gone away. On the negative side, I used to get really excited about various things and now I feel like I'm faking excitement sometimes. Obviously this could be about food and cooking a meal but other things too. For example, going out to a concert or travel now seems like a hassle rather than something I'm really excited about. Not sure if this is just a cycle thing that will change or if it is the Tirzapatide.
Something to do with dopamine. Dopamine is the neurotransmitter responsible for "seeking" behavior. People are no longer "seeking" food, alcohol, gambling, etc. You are no longer seeking concerts or travel, apparently.

Wow! After reading your post, I reached down and felt the backs of my thighs. I've always had keratosis pilaris (the little bumps due to excess keratin) there and now they are almost completely gone.

I feel more emotionally even and less impulsive, I have little craving for alcohol at all (though mostly was good off it anyway), I don't love sweets normally but now i actively dislike them....I was repulsed by a lifesaver mint today which I found hilarious

-Felt a decrease in ADHD symptoms (not enough to be fully without meds--just more present generally)
-Have done less impulse-y online shopping
-Probably an indirect side effect, but I've gone to craving a more keto/paleo diet and basically went gluten free without thinking about it. This fixed some GI symptoms and there is a notable improvement in my :poop: lol

I'm curious how many people have experienced positive side-effects on tirzepatide?

Since starting I have pretty much given up alcohol, I feel like I'm almost ready to quit smoking, my tinnitus seems to have improved slightly, and I definitely feel like it's improved my ADHD.

Obviously the weight loss has had a positive side-effect on many aspects including aches and pains, flexibility, and just being easier to do every day things, but there's definitely more to this med than the impacts on blood sugar and weight.
Hi @ZippityDooDah

I’m also adhd and about to start Tirz tomorrow. Am I allowed to ask a cpl of questions to you by PM? Thanks

Let me know how the smoking goes I deff need to quit. I enjoy it less and usually smoke like half a cig at a time but the urge is still there lol

My sister in law has been on it for over a year and has chronic pain and inflammation from long covid and it’s the only thing that’s really helped her. I have horrible hips that actually get worse when I lose weight they’re on fire but as I’ve upped my dose the pain significantly decreased I’m assuming that’s due to less inflammation.

Trending content

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyByDesign
Back