Published Journal Articles on Peptide-Based Therapises for Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes

Dustycotton

New_Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else is like me and likes to search and read published journal articles and studies, but I thought I would share some interesting ones I've read recently. Mostly because I just like to read published studies on just about anything, but specifically in this area, to educate myself on current (and past) studies, their results, and to learn more about the history of these therapies. Some of these are human trials, some are small trials on rats (for still emerging therapies), some are meta analyses, but learning as much as I can about each agent is, I feel, beneficial in this reasearch.

GLP-1 physiology in obesity and development of incretin-based drugs for chronic weight management

Recent advances in peptide-based therapies for obesity and type 2 diabetes

What is the pipeline for future medications for obesity?

Oral glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists and combinations of entero-pancreatic hormones as treatments for adults with type 2 diabetes: where are we now?

Comparative effectiveness of GLP-1 receptor agonists on glycaemic control, body weight, and lipid profile for type 2 diabetes: systematic review and network meta-analysis

The expanding incretin universe: from basic biology to clinical translation

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else is like me and likes to search and read published journal articles and studies, but I thought I would share some interesting ones I've read recently. Mostly because I just like to read published studies on just about anything, but specifically in this area, to educate myself on current (and past) studies, their results, and to learn more about the history of these therapies. Some of these are human trials, some are small trials on rats (for still emerging therapies), some are meta analyses, but learning as much as I can about each agent is, I feel, beneficial in this reasearch.

GLP-1 physiology in obesity and development of incretin-based drugs for chronic weight management

Recent advances in peptide-based therapies for obesity and type 2 diabetes

What is the pipeline for future medications for obesity?

Oral glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists and combinations of entero-pancreatic hormones as treatments for adults with type 2 diabetes: where are we now?

Comparative effectiveness of GLP-1 receptor agonists on glycaemic control, body weight, and lipid profile for type 2 diabetes: systematic review and network meta-analysis

The expanding incretin universe: from basic biology to clinical translation
Thanks for sharing. I enjoy reading them too.

These are great and I’ve bookmarked your post, thanks! I have a bunch of articles saved that I haven’t got to yet because I’m an information hoarder! I will post some here later and we should keep thos thread going!

the discussion about "cardiovascular & neurodegenerative conditions" is especially interesting
It really is. My own experience is that my blood pressure dropped 10-20 points within days of my first injection and has stayed there so far. I may end up dropping my low dose diuretic. It’s so rare to see any drug that seems to have so many beneficial effects with few downsides.

It really is. My own experience is that my blood pressure dropped 10-20 points within days of my first injection and has stayed there so far. I may end up dropping my low dose diuretic. It’s so rare to see any drug that seems to have so many beneficial effects with few downsides.
really??? I just came back from my doctor checkup and they check my bp which showed 108/72, I told them its not possible because for the past 10-15 years my bp is always above 135/85 (with bp meds already), so they re-check with different bp meter and it was the same!!!

really??? I just came back from my doctor checkup and they check my bp which showed 108/72, I told them its not possible because for the past 10-15 years my bp is always above 135/85 (with bp meds already), so they re-check with different bp meter and it was the same!!!
That’s fantastic!

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back