Sagging Skin

Approach

New_Member
Reaction score
I am 6'1" and started at 273 lbs. I lost 55 lbs. I have 30 lbs to go to meet my BMI goal.

So far, things are going well. I've never had saggy skin. But, now -- due to my weight loss, I am experiencing some minor saggy skin - including my face. It's not horrible. (And, truly - I don't want to sound like I am complaining. Minor saggy skin is a fair trade-off!)

Anyway, as I look toward my future weight loss: Can anyone give advice on how to minimize the sagging (as well as future sagging)? If I have some sagging skin now, will it be a lot worse as I lose the 30 lbs, or will it just be minor? (My face, of course - it my primary concern.)

I take GHK-CU injections. I now have less blemishes on my skin; perhaps it's tightening my skin on my face a little bit? And, I also started applying GHK-CU cream on my face to help tighten things up.

As I continue on my weight loss journey, should I do NOTHING about this saggy skin topic, or take steps to work on it? Thank you! If I'm being ridiculous about this concern of mine, pls let me know.

Are you taking Sema or which peptide?
"Sema face" is a well known issue, but its in large part because of water loss.

My research subject takes RETA. It's face is not too emaciated, but his friend said he looks great, but older. (Weird compliment)
I’m having my most success on Reta too. My neck has become my sore spot from all the loss. Now I have marionette lines😭. When I was fat I didn’t have wrinkles. So I understand.

I lost 103 lbs. I have some loose skin in all the expected places (and my previous peach butt is a dried apricot butt now, it's very sad!), but the ones that were the most disconcerting for me -- around my jawline and neck -- have really bounced back a lot since I (mostly) stopped losing weight four months ago. I've heard that's not uncommon, so you may just need to give it a bit of time once your active weight loss is over to see some improvement.

I drink tons of water and eat a lot of fatty fish, avocados, clean protein, greens, and don't drink alcohol except for maybe once every couple weeks -- no clue if any of that is helping, but it can't be hurting. I'm starting to gain some muscle back, very slowly, and that's helping a bit, too. But I think at my age and the amount lost I can't really do much more without surgery, which, eh. I've been curious if the GLOW protocol as any effect on skin elasticity, though!

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elemnopee
Back