Schadenfreude... Hard Lessons!

nonyabizznez

New_Member
Reaction score
Hoping to assuage feeling like an idiot and to benefit those of you who (like me) enjoy a bit of schadenfreude…
(Oh, and to help others avoid pitfalls)

Paid full price for first box of Mounjaro
On 12/23/23 just to get started before my PCP was able to get insurance approval a few weeks later. No regrets because after not telling my partner I was injecting for 10 months I'm now able to say “I've been on it since last year!" (and having an initial script date of 2023 might factor into a "continuation of care" coverage decision)

I bought into all the Internet fear
Tirzepatide is up there with best things ever and I need to have it indefinitely! So unless my Dr cancels my script I'll never be able to fully utilize my stash. My entire stash including nice zippered vial cases, label maker, bac water, array of syringes, filters, tool boxes for supplies, and an awesome vacuum sealer… with over 100 vials in the freezer (and more in the fridge) All total less $ than 3 months script! It's honestly enough for many years (and a year's worth of a “plan b” peptide I may never try!)

My first Crypto purchase
I saw a deal on a kit offered domestically and the seller only accepted Crypto. This was my first Crypto purchase (knew nothing about it) and it was losing more and more value by the minute before I could complete the transaction (20%!) The anxiety caused me to leave the cart and sit on the crypto a few weeks while it's value recovered. Sold it back to my FDIC checking account with a sigh of relief. I relay this because of what happens next…

Biggest mistake... Crypto again
Ordered domestic special from highly regarded seller. Paid $250 in USDC. Seller informed me next day that their domestic supply sold out and I could get the same deal from their China supply. (didn't inform me their “accounting dept" didn't receive the funds for the hash rcpt I provided). I sent add’l $125 USDC (increased order to reach China MOQ) Days later seller informs they can't receive on the sending network (“Base" Coinbase's proprietary network!)…my $ is unrecoverable in black hole… So I sent an additional $375 (USDT>ETH) because even at twice the price it was still a good deal.

This helps me sleep at night:

$110.5/mg
Mounjaro or Zepbound 2.5mg script w/o insurance (Medicare, can't use coupon 10/01/24 price $1105/box 2.5mg) Yes! This is what it costs Medicare recipients!

$8.53/mg
Mounjaro at my 5mg dose ($170ish per month any dose covered Medicare Advantage plan cost with 2024 out of pocket donut hole)

$9.33/mg (paid at the time 6/24)
Compound Tirzepatide (Lavender Sky has reduced prices since then)

$1.67/mg
Tirzepatide actual out of pocket for pending order including lost funds. Would have been .83/mg

That's all I have to confess (here) 😂
Anybody else?

Last edited:
One more thing... After telling my partner I'd been on the medication for 10 months (and at goal weight!) his reaction?

Without hesitation he offered to buy a separate small freezer or store my vials in his commercial freezer at work!

Priceless!

Hoping to assuage feeling like an idiot and to benefit those of you who (like me) enjoy a bit of schadenfreude…
(Oh, and to help others avoid pitfalls)

Paid full price for first box of Mounjaro
On 12/23/23 just to get started before my PCP was able to get insurance approval a few weeks later. No regrets because after not telling my partner I was injecting for 10 months I'm now able to say “I've been on it since last year!" (and having an initial script date of 2023 might factor into a "continuation of care" coverage decision)

I bought into all the Internet fear
Tirzepatide is up there with best things ever and I need to have it indefinitely! So unless my Dr cancels my script I'll never be able to fully utilize my stash. My entire stash including nice zippered vial cases, label maker, bac water, array of syringes, filters, tool boxes for supplies, and an awesome vacuum sealer… with over 100 vials in the freezer (and more in the fridge) All total less $ than 3 months script! It's honestly enough for many years (and a year's worth of a “plan b” peptide I may never try!)

My first Crypto purchase
I saw a deal on a kit offered domestically and the seller only accepted Crypto. This was my first Crypto purchase (knew nothing about it) and it was losing more and more value by the minute before I could complete the transaction (20%!) The anxiety caused me to leave the cart and sit on the crypto a few weeks while it's value recovered. Sold it back to my FDIC checking account with a sigh of relief. I relay this because of what happens next…

Biggest mistake... Crypto again
Ordered domestic special from highly regarded seller. Paid $250 in USDC. Seller informed me next day that their domestic supply sold out and I could get the same deal from their China supply. (didn't inform me their “accounting dept" didn't receive the funds for the hash rcpt I provided). I sent add’l $125 USDC (increased order to reach China MOQ) Days later seller informs they can't receive on the sending network (“Base" Coinbase's proprietary network!)…my $ is unrecoverable in black hole… So I sent an additional $375 (USDT>ETH) because even at twice the price it was still a good deal.

This helps me sleep at night:

$110.5/mg
Mounjaro or Zepbound 2.5mg script w/o insurance (Medicare, can't use coupon 10/01/24 price $1105/box 2.5mg) Yes! This is what it costs Medicare recipients!

$8.53/mg
Mounjaro at my 5mg dose ($170ish per month any dose covered Medicare Advantage plan cost with 2024 out of pocket donut hole)

$9.33/mg (paid at the time 6/24)
Compound Tirzepatide (Lavender Sky has reduced prices since then)

$1.67/mg
Tirzepatide actual out of pocket for pending order including lost funds. Would have been .83/mg

That's all I have to confess (here) 😂
Anybody else?
Not sure if you have tried it but I believe coinbase does have a utility to try and claw back “unrecoverable” sends to addresses not on the network chosen. It may be worthwhile to look into that and possibly get your tokens back.

Not sure if you have tried it but I believe coinbase does have a utility to try and claw back “unrecoverable” sends to addresses not on the network chosen. It may be worthwhile to look into that and possibly get your tokens back.
Thanks for the advice... I transferred it to Coinbase's wallet and paid from there... Convolutes it. (But trying to recover, customer svc gave a reference number so far) Looking at the blockchain destination there are tons of people who did the same thing as me.

Last edited:
Yeah no bitcoin for me. I am a credit card girl all the way. Alibaba was a stretch for me. Glad I read on here that Alibaba doesn’t always work with the credit card, switched to PayPal as recommended and good to go.

No plans to do a bank transfer either. Make it easy or I am moving on to someone else.

Back