Storing, Mixing, and making sure % is correct in Solution

theguy91

Reaction score
When preparing an injection, how can you ensure that each dose contains the correct and equal amount of medication?

For example, if you purchase a 30 mg vial of medication, how do you make sure that after mixing, you draw exactly 10 mg for each dose? I fear that I would accidentally draw a 20MG Super dose by accident, even though you 'pull' equal parts ML in 3 dosages.

Additionally, how should you store the medication? This includes both the dry powder before mixing and any unused remaining medication (e.g., the remaining 20 mg) after your initial dose.

When preparing an injection, how can you ensure that each dose contains the correct and equal amount of medication?

For example, if you purchase a 30 mg vial of medication, how do you make sure that after mixing, you draw exactly 10 mg for each dose? I fear that I would accidentally draw a 20MG Super dose by accident, even though you 'pull' equal parts ML in 3 dosages.

Additionally, how should you store the medication? This includes both the dry powder before mixing and any unused remaining medication (e.g., the remaining 20 mg) after your initial dose.

Math.

There are 100 units in 1mL.

So for 10 mg... say you add 1mL of water. So if 10mg=100 units. Divide 100 by 10 and you get 10 units. 10 units would be 1 mg.

Or just search "peptide calculator"

Keep powder in a freezer (the kind that accumulate frost). Keep recon in fridge next to your moldy cheese.

What else?

Math.

There are 100 units in 1mL.

So for 10 mg... say you add 1mL of water. So if 10mg=100 units. Divide 100 by 10 and you get 10 units. 10 units would be 1 mg.

Or just search "peptide calculator"

Keep powder in a freezer (the kind that accumulate frost). Keep recon in fridge next to your moldy cheese.

What else?

So I am not really in a position to get a seperate stand alone freezer, thus my basic auto-defrost fridge freezer combo will have to do.

Do you have any recommendations for storage in one? Maybe there's a container to store vials that has a compartment for frozen ice packs that someone can recommend and that would help? Or maybe screw the freezer and leave it room temp for up to a year.

So I am not really in a position to get a seperate stand alone freezer, thus my basic auto-defrost fridge freezer combo will have to do.

Do you have any recommendations for storage in one? Maybe there's a container to store vials that has a compartment for frozen ice packs that someone can recommend and that would help? Or maybe screw the freezer and leave it room temp for up to a year.
Just get an insulated lunch box and throw an ice pack or 2 in it with the vial box. That will keep it from being affected by the defrost cycles.

Just get an insulated lunch box and throw an ice pack or 2 in it with the vial box. That will keep it from being affected by the defrost cycles.

Thanks I will grab one.

How do you guys go about defrosting a vial? Do you move it from the freezer to fridge? Or freezer to room temp and recon same day? I could just be over thinking it.

Thanks I will grab one.

How do you guys go about defrosting a vial? Do you move it from the freezer to fridge? Or freezer to room temp and recon same day? I could just be over thinking it.

I just pull from the freezer and use it right away. Let it dissolve completely on recon. Roll the vial between your palms and avoid shaking it. Once it's clear and fully dissolved... you're set.

Back