Amopure stinging (here we go again)

I wouldn’t have anti-tirzepetide antibodies on my first injection ever. And Ozempic doesn’t sting, so I don’t have cross-reactivity with other GLP’s

Even if I had antibodies, that wouldn’t make the injection itself sting, the immune response would cause redness and swelling to develop minutes to hours after the injection. I don’t have any redness or swelling, just acid-like burn, gone within an hour

Last edited:
I wouldn’t have anti-tirzepetide antibodies on my first injection ever. And Ozempic doesn’t sting, so I don’t have cross-reactivity with other GLP’s

Even if I had antibodies, that wouldn’t make the injection itself sting, the immune response would cause redness and swelling to develop minutes to hours after the injection. I don’t have any redness or swelling, just acid-like burn, gone within an hour
i'm not a chemist and i won't pretend to be one. i'm just parroting other things other folks have raised. i just think it's hard to point out amo as the issue if this is your first go around with tirz. it's a known issue across many vendors/compound pharmacies and name brand zepbound.

i'm not a chemist and i won't pretend to be one. i'm just parroting other things other folks have raised. i just think it's hard to point out amo as the issue if this is your first go around with tirz. it's a known issue across many vendors/compound pharmacies and name brand zepbound.
I've had weekly shots for a year from various sources of Tirz. Only the Amopure stung... Like a pesky little yellow jacket 🐝. But it worked and I'd rather deal with an injection sting at under $2/mg than the sting of paying retail at the pharmacy.

Perspective: For years we've abused ourselves in gyms, got painful liposuction or gastric bypass surgeries...

(But if it's due to a harmful additive I take it all back!)

someone somewhere in this thread a few pages back mentioned that this stinging/burning sensation (while still being very effective) was a known issue during clinical trials. i'm probably butchering this or outright misquoting it, but i believe it had something to do with antibodies responding to a foreign substance and not anything to do with dirty manufacturing methods or anything like that.
I thought it was tonicity? Is this the post you mean?

Post in thread 'Amopure stinging (here we go again)' https://glp1forum.com/threads/amopure-stinging-here-we-go-again.1199/post-16413

I've had weekly shots for a year from various sources of Tirz. Only the Amopure stung... Like a pesky little yellow jacket 🐝. But it worked and I'd rather deal with an injection sting at under $2/mg than the sting of paying retail at the pharmacy.

Perspective: For years we've abused ourselves in gyms, got painful liposuction or gastric bypass surgeries...

(But if it's due to a harmful additive I take it all back!)
100% agree lol

The results per dollar is high enough I don’t mind getting stung by a hornet

(But if I get necrotizing fasciitis I take it back)

No stinging with L20 that I bought on 10/3 and received 3 days later from the US warehouse. Used new BAC, reconstituted 2 days before using. Injected cold (not leaving filled syringe to warm up). Felt it a tiny bit more than my usual compound but no burning or stinging.

Is anyone who has experienced severe stinging with Amo willing to send me a vial from the same batch? Having the reconstituted vial that caused the sting would be great as well. I have an idea that I want to test.

RS took first shot of AMO L30 just a few minutes ago (05:30 PST 10.18.2024) and can report zero stinging or burning.

Process: Sprayed work area and supplies with 70% rubbing alcohol and wiped down. Reconstituted using Hospira (3.5ml) into tiny AMO L30 vial, gently rolled the vial for five minutes (timed), extracted, and dripped into sterile 7ml vial using 4mm syringe filter on a 25g luer lock needle.

L30 ordered 09.10.2024 and delivered 09.18.2024. Placed in vial storage case and stored in freezer for three weeks prior to reconstituting. Reconstituted vial sat in fridge in (separate) vial storage case for six days before using.

Just wanted to give my two cents here.

(PS, I won't be able to reply until later today)

Is anyone who has experienced severe stinging with Amo willing to send me a vial from the same batch? Having the reconstituted vial that caused the sting would be great as well. I have an idea that I want to test.
my RS had a post injection site reaction but no initial stinging so I'm not sure if you'd be interested still. What kind of research are you planning? 🤔

I was planning to toss the rest of this vial and do a new one with bacteriostatic sodium solution to see if it helps. If that doesn't work I'm gonna take the L and toss the kit. I'm worried about it causing an allergy later on down the line.

my RS had a post injection site reaction but no initial stinging so I'm not sure if you'd be interested still. What kind of research are you planning? 🤔

I was planning to toss the rest of this vial and do a new one with bacteriostatic sodium solution to see if it helps. If that doesn't work I'm gonna take the L and toss the kit. I'm worried about it causing an allergy later on down the line.

Well, the research itself is a secret, but I am hoping to find out why some people experience an initial sting that seems different from a normal ISR

YMMV, but here's my experience:

Purchased L30 on 10/4. Label Created 10/5. Delivered 10/11.

Reconstituted on 10/18 with 1.2ml Hospira Bac Water.

Felt like any other injection I've had that from grey, prescription or compounded. No stinging. No site reactions.

Last edited:
Really sounds like very few people feel the sting.

I think given the fact that this thread was started on October 1st and already has 16 pages it's still more common than it should be. Not to mention the fact that people are also reporting this on other forums as well.

There are too many question marks to come to any conclusions which is why I think analyzing the reports (frequently and product) as well as any excipients that are being used would be best practice.

Back