Amopure stinging (here we go again)

I have a theory about the stinging which may or may not be true. I am a nurse who now works in a med spa 2 days a week, my retirement job. Been a nurse 34 years. All I do is poke people all day. IM injections, IV’s, and blood draws.

Some people tolerate it, some don’t even though they are all doing it by choice. Each individual has their own tolerance for pain. One time it hurts the next time it doesn’t. Our reactions are often not correlated to how we think we feel.

My best advice is reconstitute early, don’t inject cold peps, and be quick about it. It shouldn’t be the needle that hurts, and occasional burning without a site reaction might happen without a reason.

PS I am not discounting anyone’s personal experience and I’m not saying your doing anything wrong.
There are 2 types of pain..one is from a dull needle maybe ..but this is a burn/stinging from the actual substance...

View attachment 2622

I reconstituted another vial of my t30 today. This time I got the rare gel-ing another user mentioned, so I grabbed a pic. This was stuck to the side of the vial for about 10 minutes after everything else was dissolved, but eventually did dissolve as well, just extremely slowly. Rolling the vial back and forth in my hands did not speed it up on this gel-ing part.

Did not notice this with my other vial.

Any thoughts, or is this normal?
I believe this is caused from the filler they are using ... raw wouldn't do this.
To me they need to divulge and be open about what exact filler they are using...these are injectable and it need to be clear!

I believe this is caused from the filler they are using ... raw wouldn't do this.
To me they need to divulge and be open about what exact filler they are using...these are injectable and it need to be clear!

It's definitely the filler. I'm just not sure if we will be able to figure it out, and I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I did do some research on excipients (fillers) and found this table in a research paper. I don't know a ton about the properties of these substances but if freezing causes any of them to become "fluffy", we probably have our culprit.

Attachments

• Some-of-the-commonly-used-excipients-in-freeze-drying-of-pharmaceutical-products.png
    Some-of-the-commonly-used-excipients-in-freeze-drying-of-pharmaceutical-products.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 44
It's definitely the filler. I'm just not sure if we will be able to figure it out, and I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I did do some research on excipients (fillers) and found this table in a research paper. I don't know a ton about the properties of these substances but if freezing causes any of them to become "fluffy", we probably have our culprit.

Hidden Dangers: Recognizing Excipients as Potential Causes of Drug and Vaccine Hypersensitivity Reactions

"Common excipients implicated include gelatin, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC), polyethylene glycols (PEG) and products related to PEG in immediate hypersensitivity reactions (IHRs); and propylene glycol (PG), in delayed hypersensitivity reactions (DHRs)."

I wonder if it is dangerous long to use a stinging filler. I have absolutely no knowledge about this….

Pretty sure if wasn’t the alcohol. I have done this routine 30 times before. Also that would have been one hell of a coincidence. I will def keep u guys updated about this and will probably try one more time next week. If it stings again like it did today I will probably not use the product anymore.
I’d definitely try it again I’ve had a needle sing like crazy from a package and the rest be fine or just got myself somewhere that stung for some unknown reason.

I’d definitely try it again I’ve had a needle sing like crazy from a package and the rest be fine or just got myself somewhere that stung for some unknown reason.
Tried again yesterday. This time I filtered everything, transferred everything to another vial, waited after composing, let everything come to room temperature and made sure the alcohol was dry as fuck. It stang terribly. I am 100% sure now it is the substance and not the needle or myself.

No stinging!

Found this forum and chain AFTER I purchased a kit of Tirz 60mg, so was a bit nervous with what I was about to receive. Just received and tried and wanted to share results.

Kit: Amopure L60 (ordered 10/1, received 10/9)
BAC: Hospira, 3mL
Needle: Clever Choice Comfort EZ 31g, 1/2 cc, 5/16"
Injected: 17.5 units / 3.5mg

Some initial gelling after adding BAC. With slight agitation, dissipated within minutes.

Result: no stinging!

No stinging!

Found this forum and chain AFTER I purchased a kit of Tirz 60mg, so was a bit nervous with what I was about to receive. Just received and tried and wanted to share results.

Some initial gelling after adding BAC. With slight agitation, dissipated within minutes.

Thanks for the report! That about matches my timeline, but I’m reluctant to try it out because I have months of compounded to work through. Does seem like the L60 has fewer reported issues, hopefully that stays the case.

No stinging!

Good to note the no stinging after geling. Thanks for adding your detailed results to this thread and welcome in!

Tried again yesterday. This time I filtered everything, transferred everything to another vial, waited after composing, let everything come to room temperature and made sure the alcohol was dry as fuck. It stang terribly. I am 100% sure now it is the substance and not the needle or myself.
hey just as a last measure, since it sounds like you haven't ph tested your bac, have you thought about injecting 0.5/1 unit of just your bacwater to rule that out? obviously ph strips would be preferred though. apologies if you've already tried this and i just missed it.

hey just as a last measure, since it sounds like you haven't ph tested your bac, have you thought about injecting 0.5/1 unit of just your bacwater to rule that out? obviously ph strips would be preferred though. apologies if you've already tried this and i just missed it.
No, the PH was the only thing I did’nt test but there was somebody else here in the thread who had stinging as well and did a PH test which was totally fine. I assume that’s not the problem but I will do a PH test asap. The second time I used the Amo product I used another kind of BAC then the first time and it also stang. I would be surprised it would be the water but I will try a small amount to be sure. But honestly. I am rconvinced it is the product. The thing is that not everybody reacts to the product so maybe I am one of the few that is allergic to something in the product?

No, the PH was the only thing I did’nt test but there was somebody else here in the thread who had stinging as well and did a PH test which was totally fine. I assume that’s not the problem but I will do a PH test asap. The second time I used the Amo product I used another kind of BAC then the first time and it also stang. I would be surprised it would be the water but I will try a small amount to be sure. But honestly. I am rconvinced it is the product. The thing is that not everybody reacts to the product so maybe I am one of the few that is allergic to something in the product?
yeah if you're using pfizer hospira it's probably not the bac but it's nice to just be safe and rule it out as a possibility entirely. some folks on compound and even name brand zep experience stinging/injection site reactions so it could just as easily be some type of filler that's not necessarily dangerous or bad but just happens to not agree with you and your body.

just took a shot of "legit" tirz from a compound provider, which I have been using since may, and its stinging so yeah, I do not think stinging means too much

will be using my amopure stinging or no stinging come time for it when I run out in the next month or so of compounded
Hoe hard does it sting in a scale of 10?

I actually have a question reconstituting. Maybe if I use less BAC water the stinging isn’t as heavy because I have to inject less liquid into my system? Or will the fact that it is less diluted make it sting even more? I always used 2ml BAC water on a concentration of 10mg peptide, would it help to use 1ml instead?

I actually have a question reconstituting. Maybe if I use less BAC water the stinging isn’t as heavy because I have to inject less liquid into my system? Or will the fact that it is less diluted make it sting even more? I always used 2ml BAC water on a concentration of 10mg peptide, would it help to use 1ml instead?
More water dilutes it and I think it helps. You are injecting yourself with copper, which is why it is that nice bluish-purple.

Back