Amopure stinging (here we go again)

I wouldn’t have anti-tirzepetide antibodies on my first injection ever. And Ozempic doesn’t sting, so I don’t have cross-reactivity with other GLP’s

Even if I had antibodies, that wouldn’t make the injection itself sting, the immune response would cause redness and swelling to develop minutes to hours after the injection. I don’t have any redness or swelling, just acid-like burn, gone within an hour

Last edited:
I wouldn’t have anti-tirzepetide antibodies on my first injection ever. And Ozempic doesn’t sting, so I don’t have cross-reactivity with other GLP’s

Even if I had antibodies, that wouldn’t make the injection itself sting, the immune response would cause redness and swelling to develop minutes to hours after the injection. I don’t have any redness or swelling, just acid-like burn, gone within an hour
i'm not a chemist and i won't pretend to be one. i'm just parroting other things other folks have raised. i just think it's hard to point out amo as the issue if this is your first go around with tirz. it's a known issue across many vendors/compound pharmacies and name brand zepbound.

i'm not a chemist and i won't pretend to be one. i'm just parroting other things other folks have raised. i just think it's hard to point out amo as the issue if this is your first go around with tirz. it's a known issue across many vendors/compound pharmacies and name brand zepbound.
I've had weekly shots for a year from various sources of Tirz. Only the Amopure stung... Like a pesky little yellow jacket 🐝. But it worked and I'd rather deal with an injection sting at under $2/mg than the sting of paying retail at the pharmacy.

Perspective: For years we've abused ourselves in gyms, got painful liposuction or gastric bypass surgeries...

(But if it's due to a harmful additive I take it all back!)

someone somewhere in this thread a few pages back mentioned that this stinging/burning sensation (while still being very effective) was a known issue during clinical trials. i'm probably butchering this or outright misquoting it, but i believe it had something to do with antibodies responding to a foreign substance and not anything to do with dirty manufacturing methods or anything like that.
I thought it was tonicity? Is this the post you mean?

Post in thread 'Amopure stinging (here we go again)' https://glp1forum.com/threads/amopure-stinging-here-we-go-again.1199/post-16413

I've had weekly shots for a year from various sources of Tirz. Only the Amopure stung... Like a pesky little yellow jacket 🐝. But it worked and I'd rather deal with an injection sting at under $2/mg than the sting of paying retail at the pharmacy.

Perspective: For years we've abused ourselves in gyms, got painful liposuction or gastric bypass surgeries...

(But if it's due to a harmful additive I take it all back!)
100% agree lol

The results per dollar is high enough I don’t mind getting stung by a hornet

(But if I get necrotizing fasciitis I take it back)

No stinging with L20 that I bought on 10/3 and received 3 days later from the US warehouse. Used new BAC, reconstituted 2 days before using. Injected cold (not leaving filled syringe to warm up). Felt it a tiny bit more than my usual compound but no burning or stinging.

Back