Supergreens for bloating... Snake oil or no?

Reaction score
So I'm sure any of you that use social media has seen a resurgence in the popularity of micro greens powders lately. Influencers have been promoting left and right, especially for gut health and bloating.

Well, one brand thats promoted by one of the influencers I follow (smaller_sam_pcos, LOVE her) was 50% off so I took the leap and ordered some. Been drinking it a few days and I definitely seem to be noticing an improvement in bloating and my digestion. However, I'm also currently cycling BPC-157, so that could be the main factor in my gut health improvement or it can be a combination of the two. I don't think I'll be able to confidently say until I stop taking one or the other

At the very least, the one I got is super yummy, gives me a little extra fiber without giving me crazy heartburn (I'm looking at you, Metamucil), and it gives me an antioxidant boost.

All that being said, I do know some people have reported increased bloating when trying these types of supplements, which isn't surprising as everyone's body reacts differently to things. Many of these contain artificial sweeteners which can make gut issues worse for some. I am not one of those people though.

Thoughts? Have any of you tried these?

I’m generally very sceptical to anything peddled by fitness influencers, since most of it has zero to marginal effect, or can easily by achieved by minor changes in diet/habits.
You would most likely have the same or better results eating an avocado or two per day.

That said, if it tastes great and you feel like it helps, keep doing it :) what works for you and keeps you motivated is a lot more important than my negativity towards supplements.

I’m generally very sceptical to anything peddled by fitness influencers, since most of it has zero to marginal effect, or can easily by achieved by minor changes in diet/habits.
You would most likely have the same or better results eating an avocado or two per day.

That said, if it tastes great and you feel like it helps, keep doing it :) what works for you and keeps you motivated is a lot more important than my negativity towards supplements.
Trust me, I'm usually a sceptic too. These have been around forever though, way before social media, they've just gotten super popular again. A number of the main ingredients in these things do have proven health benefits, but is there enough in each serving to make a difference? Many also contain pre and probiotics. Is it worth the full price to me? Maybe not. But we'll see if I still see the benefits after I'm done with this cycle of BPC.

I will say that after 3 days, the tape measure moved an inch around the part of my belly where the bloating is usually the worst, and I've barely burped since I started (The tirz makes me burp a LOT). But maybe it's just the BPC finally kicking in and doing it's part for my bloating and GI inflammation. The studies on this are just as much of a "maybe it helps?" as the greens in the supplement.

I already eat avocado and greens pretty frequently. I can only eat the minis though, because a whole one makes me sick. I actually couldn't eat avocado for like 10 years. Not a food allergy, but a pretty intense sensitivity. I would get horrible stomach cramps and hurl an hour or two after eating them. I started reintroducing them, and whatever the issue was seems to have cleared up.

Last edited:
My guess is you’re trying AG1 or a similar greens powder? I say keep using what is making your digestion easier, even if people claim they’re all unnecessary. However, I always recommend Green Vibrance (also a greens probiotic complex) to people instead.

They don’t do any sort of marketing, list exact ingredient amounts, and have been around since at least the 90s. Even the cost is lower, especially if you wait for a sale at Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc. Taste is the biggest downside, but it’s pretty good in a smoothie or with juice.

For super digestion, I would take green vibrance (or your current greens) as a horrifically quick shot in 1-2oz apple cider vinegar, 2oz aloe vera juice, and 1-2oz water. That helped my bloating, along with MRM digest all capsules.

Attachments

• IMG_7498.webp
    IMG_7498.webp
    159.6 KB · Views: 6
Glad to see another Green Vibrance user in here. I don't have any before and after stories, and can't comment on how it might affect bloating. Regarding the flavor, it's a non-issue because I add a scoop to my low carb chocolate protein powder shaker drink for breakfast every morning.

My guess is you’re trying AG1 or a similar greens powder?
It's Kiala. I'm not married to the brand, it was just half off 😂 It doesn't have nearly as many good things in it as the Greens Vibrance and it doesn't have any probiotics and digestive enzymes. I love that GV has Holy Basil. I'll likely give it a shot after the Kiala runs out.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItzJay
Back